Illinois fired their football coach today

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We can only hope that Louisville outbids us for Nusschamp.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Well, my point was that here's another example showing how we way, way underpay our assistants.

No way. Foley is the best AD of all time in non rev sports....oh wait...this is football. NM.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure about Nuss - It seemed early on that Mac was definitely controlling the offense looking at the plays being ran and we were just stuck once Treon took over and kept regressing every game. I didn't like how that last game of Grier's went against Missouri however - not sure if that was just them adjusting to what Grier did those previous good 5 quarters or just us not adjusting like we should have been.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not sure about Nuss - It seemed early on that Mac was definitely controlling the offense looking at the plays being ran and we were just stuck once Treon took over and kept regressing every game. I didn't like how that last game of Grier's went against Missouri however - not sure if that was just them adjusting to what Grier did those previous good 5 quarters or just us not adjusting like we should have been.

Again, Nussmeir isn't the point. The point is: we are SIGNIFICANTLY underpaying our coaches if powerhouse football programs like Louisville & Illinois are paying their OC $850K....$250K more than we are (almost a 50% difference). Is that why we got stuck w/ a DB coach from UCF and a RB coach turned WR coach from FIU? Does that relate to our falling further and further behind than our rivals in recruiting? The guy needs to come off the wallet for a lot more things than just coaches salaries...but this is just one glaring example. I'm not suggesting we over-pay a coach, but we shouldn't be going on the cheap...which is why I think we had a DB coach from UCF on our staff last year. It definitely wasn't for his coaching experience or recruiting skills!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Again, Nussmeir isn't the point. The point is: we are SIGNIFICANTLY underpaying our coaches if powerhouse football programs like Louisville & Illinois are paying their OC $850K....$250K more than we are (almost a 50% difference). Is that why we got stuck w/ a DB coach from UCF and a RB coach turned WR coach from FIU? Does that relate to our falling further and further behind than our rivals in recruiting? The guy needs to come off the wallet for a lot more things than just coaches salaries...but this is just one glaring example. I'm not suggesting we over-pay a coach, but we shouldn't be going on the cheap...which is why I think we had a DB coach from UCF on our staff last year. It definitely wasn't for his coaching experience or recruiting skills!
:lalala:

That's what you will get around here. UF is already a middle of the road SEC team. Everything is all roses according to the rainbow warriors. But have you checked out the non-rev sports? Get your all-sports trophy t shirt now. I'm selling them!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, IMHO logic says we should be holding up our other nationally butt-kicking
sports teams as an example to match, instead of denigrating their Gator excellence
versus the same opponents our FB & BB teams fall to. It's not like UF had to pass
on a major sports coach 'cause we spent too much $ on our gymnastics coach??

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
sports teams as an example to match, instead of denigrating their Gator excellence
versus the same opponents our FB & BB teams fall to. It's not like UF had to pass

Agreed! Preach on brother. Football and BB should take a back seat to our premier sports! Time for all of us to become vested in sports that matter.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Agreed! Preach on brother. Football and BB should take a back seat to our premier sports! Time for all of us to become vested in sports that matter.

Only a rilly silly twit would twist that post to that sarcasm,Trex. Utterly no reason our Gator
top-ranked teams should be denigrated because the major sports, sports all us Gators
are most attached to, are doing poorly.??

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Who is denigrating? The non-rev sports are kicking ass. Why not enjoy part of the year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator