In bad times good things tend to happen

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by gatorkev85, Jan 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pablos Tunnel

Pablos Tunnel Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,866
    Ratings:
    +2,752 / -85
    Oh and btw you better start eating right and sleeping well because boy are you going to need it. Fatherhood is exhausting. In the best way.

• stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $6,574
      Ratings:
      +12,666 / -1,653
      Twins.......your life will never be the same. Special place in heaven for people that take in kids, adopt , raise them for others.

• stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $6,574
        Ratings:
        +12,666 / -1,653
        Pablo, the owner of Pablos Tunnel has his obit in the Sun today.

• Pablos Tunnel

Pablos Tunnel Well-Known Member
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $2,866
        Ratings:
        +2,752 / -85
        Oh damn. Only met him a couple times. He stopped by after he sold it, although I think he owned the connected Amaco Gas station. When I was there Tom Neal owned the place. He was/is an entomology prof at UF. Last I saw him he owned the Subway on University.

• Gatormac2112

Gatormac2112 The Voice of Reason
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $1,213
          Ratings:
          +2,148 / -45
          So happy for you! It seems God has also blessed those twins with you and your wife. Congratulations!

• gatorkev85

gatorkev85 Well-Known Member
            Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
            $1,694
            Ratings:
            +1,272 / -308
            Last good night of sleep, were most likely getting the twins tomorrow evening. Who needs sleep though when you can be a dad. Can't wait to finally meet and hold them.

Because of them being fostered for the moment I'm not allowed to put out pictures but they will sleep their 1st night with me in Gator clothes you can bet that. Can't wait till football season rolls back around so I can watch games with them. In the meantime well watch old games so they know what's up. So excited!!!!

• NVGator

NVGator Member
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $7,846
              Ratings:
              +12,221 / -556
              You don’t need to post pictures. Keep that private. Let me know how the sleep is going in 6 months.

• Albert

Albert Enormous Member

Oxbucks:
                $829
                Ratings:
                +1,065 / -24
                As a parent of twins- boy and girl- I can tell you sleep deprivation is real. Watching them mature and learn is real. Seeing them send one over the fence is real, as is a flawless music recital. Watching him lay out a devasting sack or catch a long td and you’ll lose your mind, everything else just fades away. Just like when you come home from work and they are there to greet you at the door. Everything else in your life is about to become really small. Enjoy the ride!

• rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member
                  Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                  $12,489
                  Ratings:
                  +19,556 / -294
                  Newborns = that's wonderful.
                  Please, right now, purchase any university textbook (all scientific) on "Child Development". What you read will be fascinating as you and wife observe. How your twins minds grow will dazzle you both. With useful knowledge y'all will best guide and best recognize every miracle milestone. Y'all will be able to feel more blessings that way.
                  Example of what you will learn/know : The smile is not a simple surface "thing". It is deeply engraved in our DNA. Researchers, using cameras geared to their eye-movements, and skin 'thermometers' let infants tell them that the smile's worth is ingrained in infants before their brains start learning anything. 1) Scientists set the babes up in car-seats. 2) They aimed their sophisticated cameras at unthinking infants. 3) They set 2 random stacks of fruit before the babes = one with the banana turned up in 'smile-curved' and the other with the banana in 'frown-curve'.
                  4) Unthinking infants taught science by (a) quickly jerking their gaze away from the down-banana as their skin-temp elevated then (b) settled on the upturned banana, stayed there as their skin-temp return to their usual. Of course scientists have reinforced all knowledge on this & other stuff that's wonderful to learn and apply.

Also, gotta be fascinating science on the specialty of twins. The most, most important learning you can bless your twins (and yourselves) with is Rational Behavior Philosophy. Your twins' minds will not be able to absorb/adopt this wise-path living until age 9 or 10. So you've got time to perfect its processes. Please get this simple pioneering book: "Help Yourself To Happiness" pub-1975 by Dr. Maxie Maultsby. It is so logical, rational that all techniques are easy to grasp & apply. This natural cognitive behavior will bless your twins for their lifetime and thereby y'all be blessed with the rewards your twins' happiness & success, from age 11 through forever, will create for you both.

Dr. Martin Seligman (the discoverer of Learned Helplessness) has a tome on "raising an optimistic child" -- all practical simple science = check him out on utube. Best of luck at maximizing your blessings to come.

• gingerlover

gingerlover Junior Member
                  Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                  $1,708
                  Ratings:
                  +2,740 / -19
                  Congrats my man. Being a dad is the most amazing feeling I could ever wish upon someone. From the moment you get them in your arms the wiring in your head is going to instantly change you into something new and better as a person. As they grow so will you. The last six years with the son we have been blessed with has been the greatest time of my life and it is amazing how in one second everything you cared about with regards to yourself fades to the back of the line as all these new hopes take to the front. Aside from the sleep deprivation (my son was over a year before making it through the nite) is all the things you never thought of before that now are part of your daily worries. Luckily you have a lot of great dads on here to reach out to advice if you need to.

• gatorkev85

Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
                  $1,694
                  Ratings:
                  +1,272 / -308
                  Quick update about my twins. Barely any sleep these days dealing with 2 boys. One is doing great and not many issues eats, sleeps, poops repeat. My youngest is a different story, he struggles really bad with acid reflux and does not feed well at all. He is not getting his nutrition for the day. He is only getting down around 7-8 oz a day when he should be getting at least 16-20 oz each day. He has days where he gets 12-14 but most days under 10. He just tries and tries to get the milk out and doesn't get a anywhere at times. It's so sad to see him struggle so much and not be able to help him. Two weeks ago at his 1st dr appointment he weighed in at 5.7 and Friday he weighed in at 5.10 so he gained a little but not what he should be.

He has been scheduled for therapy that starts tomorrow so they can figure out what the problem is with his eating. We've tried every bottle, several different formulas and nipples with no success.

Please just keep my little man in your prayers. Hopefully he can finally start getting the nutrients he needs to grow after tomorrows 1st session with the therapist.

• Sec14Gator

Sec14Gator Well-Known Member
                    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                    $2,777
                    Ratings:
                    +3,144 / -166
                    Good luck Kev. Have you tried baby Xantac? Worked wonders for my older son who had bad reflux and eating problems.

• gatorkev85

Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
                      $1,694
                      Ratings:
                      +1,272 / -308
                      Yes he was put on it on Friday and still no luck with his eating. We will get 120ml one serving then 3 hours later 0ml, 3 hours after that 0ml, 3 hours after that 20ml, then 70ml, then back to 0. It's crazy to see it happening. We've even put a slit in his nipple to help him out and still have 0ml at times. He's also been put on emfamil ar which has rice cereal to help him gain weight. Hopefully something gives for him soon

• Alagator

Alagator Senior Member

Oxbucks:
                      $1,018
                      Ratings:
                      +3,706 / -48
                      Praying they figure out how to help your lil’ man! Keep us posted.

• Circle City Gator

Oxbucks:
                        $163
                        Ratings:
                        +364 / -21
                        So happy for you. Congratulations, and good luck!

• Albert

Albert Enormous Member

Oxbucks:
                          $829
                          Ratings:
                          +1,065 / -24
                          +1 for the Zantac on acid reflux. My daughter was the same as you described. Barely able to eat at all. Was on it 3 months and able to outgrow it. Ask your doctor about trying it, as there aren’t any side effects.

• NVGator

NVGator Member
                            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                            $7,846
                            Ratings:
                            +12,221 / -556
                            @gatorkev85 have you tried formula rather than milk? How old are we talking here?

• TheDouglas78

TheDouglas78 Well-Known Member
                              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                              $5,120
                              Ratings:
                              +8,802 / -265
                              Kev,

If all else fails take advantages that are offered through being a guardian to see if they have something that can get you the help he needs. Lot of turn over in his young life, will take sometime.

• Marine1

Marine1 Semper Fidelis

Oxbucks:
                                $5,169
                                Ratings:
                                +5,942 / -117
                                Coach nailed it. There is, indeed, a special place in heaven for those that foster and adopt children. Congratulations!

• t-gator

t-gator too sexy for my shirt

Oxbucks:
                                  $4,679
                                  Ratings:
                                  +10,689 / -558
                                  You're in luck! I just happen to be on the market. I'd make a great stay at home son!

Thread Status:
                                  Not open for further replies.