Incoming Freshman Next Year

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Out of all the freshman coming in that we have committed so far, which if any, do you think have a chance at starting/ getting significant playing time at some point in the year?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We should probably wait until after signing day to ask this...no?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Absolutely 100% correct!!!. Until the ink is dry it is beyond stupid to speculate on a verbal commit. All I will say is this. Whoever shows up as a frosh or a transfer next fall will be guaranteed a chance to earn a spot on the field somewhere b/c all positions are in need of a HUGE upgrade, Punter and Kicker (if they return) not counting!!!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Given the current list of commits, and although there's some talent there with Green (WR) and Carter (DE), I don't see anyone contributing, except for maybe one or two of the incoming DBs (Blades or Wilson) as we're going to lose 3/4 of our starting DBs - and maybe one or both of the LBs (Miller and Houston) as we're going to be very young and thin there.
Hopefully we're going to get some more talented commits that would make this thread a little more interesting.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Whatever 2 star DTs we steal from FIU or FAU, they'll play whether they are ready or not.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Will we even have an incoming class? I can't recall the last commitment we've gotten...but we seem to be getting decommitments quite regularly.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we will be alright with our 13 commits!

:bananawave:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Nah, it's gotten sorta amusing listening to you guys. Though, overall, it has made this place far less appealing.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Leatherwood flips, he'll get PT.
If James Robinson commits, he'll get PT
If Solomon commits, he'll get PT.
If Brad Stewart or Devon Hunter commit, one of them will start.

Out of current commits? Ventrell Miller will get PT. And probably Blades. We haven't closed out the DB class so I'm not sure who will be the most likely to get PT or possibly start.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
shutterstock_66638839_toppick_crop.jpg

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Trask is converting to TE.

You heard it first here!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

Formality...smoking mirrors for media buzz. Reality is, we know who we're getting. I suspect it will likely be Najee Harris or Marvin Wilson that make the best impact. We justs need to wait for them to commit on NSD as our staff has advised them to do with the other top 10 recruits.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Given the players we are losing this year, I would say that every single one of them has a chance to contribute. I cannot name one position where I believe we are set for the future, not one other than punter/kicker. Can you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.