Incoming Freshman OT Jawaan Taylor

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm excited about this kid, and honestly I am excited about fred johnson too. He started some as a fresh, and I know he didn't get the best reviews this spring but he's young. I think he can really grow into form as he progresses. He definitely passes the eye test. One of the largest human beings I've ever seen walking through turlington one day lol
His feet aren't the best but he is serviceable at tackle and he could, perhaps, if his feet don't get better, slide inside to guard ala Big Trent Brown ... if we just had another more capable tackle on the roster.

We will see if Stone Forsythe or Taylor are the answer there.

Andrew Mike needs to be invited to transfer to 1AA.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
26 reps @ 225? Isn't that the weight that Halter, a college senior did 7 at?
Halter was hurt by the end of the year. Thurman was hurt the whole damn year and couldn't even workout before the season.

Thurman is a great Gator. He NEEDED surgery and to take the year off. (He could have gotten a 6th year medical redshirt I'm sure.) But we NEEDED him to play. So he did and probably ruined any chance of the NFL he might have had.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Power 101 fixin' to roll into town baby.....I'm not even sure I'll be able to contain myself if we keep adding guys like this to both sides of the los...

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Lol. Beat me to it.
I have to admit that WAS funny. Now lets just hope he can block as well as lift weights. I heard Tyler Moore, a 4 star could do 30 reps.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like Big Butts, I can not lie.

Good for building depth, BIG DEPTH!

DCab

Mar 18, 2016
Doesn't matter that he's 6'5 and 350 and got 26 reps of 225 before he's even smelt a college weight room...

Not enough stars and should have had 27 reps...

Signed,
Your short armed dinosaur friend

One of his latest tweets said he did 29.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I heard Tyler Moore, a 4 star could do 30 reps.
Why you gotta harsh our mellow?

Tyler Moore was quite close with Dipshiiskel and had about the same IQ.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
After watching his highlight tape, a few things stand out.

1. He was so physically imposing he often didn't need to give much effort to block his man and that was often against guys who looked in the 250 pound range.
2. He talked smack, knocked a helmet off, and would stay on top of guys after pancaking them. In other words, he plays nasty and likes rubbing in his domination.
3. May need to work on technique. It is hard to tell. Going back to point one, there were times he just stood straight up and shoved the LB or DE around like he was swatting a fly since the guy posed no threat. It is funny but creates bad habits. He may be 330-350, but playing high will get him abused in the SEC.

Conclusion: he is a solid commit I hope we hang on to. We need physical guys like this. Their physical, mean style of play has a tendency to rub off on the others.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

1. He was so physically imposing he often didn't need to give much effort to block his man and that was often against guys who looked in the 250 pound range.
2. He talked smack, knocked a helmet off, and would stay on top of guys after pancaking them. In other words, he plays nasty and likes rubbing in his domination.
3. May need to work on technique. It is hard to tell. Going back to point one, there were times he just stood straight up and shoved the LB or DE around like he was swatting a fly since the guy posed no threat. It is funny but creates bad habits. He may be 330-350, but playing high will get him abused in the SEC.

Conclusion: he is a solid commit I hope we hang on to. We need physical guys like this. Their physical, mean style of play has a tendency to rub off on the others.
#2 is my favorite part

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
he is a solid commit I hope we hang on to.
He's already signed..... I agree about size, strength and style of play. Size in particular can have a psychological effect on opponents before a game when they look over and see 10-12 guys who are in the 6'-5", 330# plus range....This is one reason I'd like to see all white uniforms more often as we get bigger, especially if we're at home. It always seems to make a football team look much bigger looking at them from across the field. It gets into the other teams head early.....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So, he should do fine against our own DL at least.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member

Go Big Uglies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator