Inflation Duration

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Perhaps the lack of chicken has to do with so many birds having to be killed b/c of another Bird Flu? Just a thought, as it has been make the rounds latelty. Tyson stock down about 14 bux the last month?
PS probably a very safe buy at this point. There is no chance the price of chicken (nor demand for it) fall given what will happen to the price of inputs for chicken (and beef and pork...).

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
@Detroitgator things look a little sparse in the chicken dept. at Wal mart. Maybe this would be the only way to get me to switch to Impossible Chicken or Beyond Meat chicken? Doubt it, lol. Speaking of LOL, anyone else find it amusing that Mr. Transitory is beginning to sound like Paul Volcker 2.0. Well not quite. But ole Jay did a fairly quick 180

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
But ole Jay did a fairly quick 180
Wait until transitory means double digit......just in case anyone needs to know where the re entry is...otherwise I'll be warm and cozy next to the metals/commodity fire....
tenor.gif

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You know it’s bad when Bloomberg and CNBC are both mocking the “peak inflation” projections of a week ago just about every 5 minutes. Not sure I can recall either being so hostile to this admin, or BO.
That's the thing with me. I understand we have to live with what elections throw our way and I haven't had too much of a problem with that in the past.....but anyone who is so blind or so out of touch that they don't realize their energy policy is 30-40% of this issue and modify it to help with the situation can go straight to hell as far as I'm concerned. Now as far as the Fed waiting 6-8 months too long to start tightening may be of this administrations doing also by politicizing the re nomination(keeping it under cover while throwing names around as they did) I'll also lay that part of the problem at their feet too.

To be fair Trump also deserves about a quarter of the blame by over doing the stimmies.....

Long story short we are f vcked for a while going forward. Now all that inventory that was back logged 6 months ago is piling up in warehouses and stockrooms of retailers just waitng to sit until it gets liquidated months and years down the road destroying corporate profits.....anyone else feel stagflation coming on?

Last edited:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
That's the thing with me. I understand we have to live with what elections throw our way and I haven't had too much of a problem with that in the past.....but anyone who is so blind or so out of touch that they don't realize their energy policy is 30-40% of this issue and modify it to help with the situation can go straight to hell as far as I'm concerned. Now as far as the Fed waiting 6-8 months too long to start tightening may also be of this administrations doing also by politicizing the re nomination(keeping it under cover while throwing names around as they did) I'll also lay that part of the problem at their feet too.

To be fair Trump also deserves about a quarter of the blame by over doing the stimmies.....

Long story short we are f vcked for a while going forward. Now all that inventory that was back logged 6 months ago is piling up in warehouses and stockrooms of retailers just waitng to sit until it gets liquidated months and years down the road destroying corporate profits.....anyone else feel stagflation coming on?
The thing that pisses me off is that high gas prices is completely on purpose. They are letting gas get this high as an incentive to sell more electric cars. It's by design to force change. That's fine if that's what you want to do, but campaign on the idea. Don't foist it upon us and then pretend it's a happy accident. It's by design. They are liars and manipulators.

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
Can anyone explain to me why gas is $5 when oil prices have been higher in the past and gas never got over $3.25 a gallon in Florida?

Screenshot 2022-06-13 110912.png

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Posting this here too, well, because, inflation...

ECB is now using some kind of “emergency” tool in an attempt to prevent a “fragmentation” of the debt market. Fed will have to follow suit. "Fragmentation” is another term for implosion and will be massively inflationary. Maybe "the day" I've been waiting for for over a decade is a lot closer... I don't think I'd touch much other than commodities.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Can anyone explain to me why gas is $5 when oil prices have been higher in the past and gas never got over $3.25 a gallon in Florida?

View attachment 44123
Sofla said it with refinery capacity/output, and output of crude is lower too. It did hit $4/gal in FL in '08. I think I posted it somewhere, but the takeaway from this chart should be this: it's NOT adjusted for inflation. The $140/bbl from 2008 in TODAY's dollars would be just shy of $200/bbl now. So, if we are currently at $5/gal, at "$140/bbl" (which would be like $90/bbl in 2008 dollars) and we do run up to $190+/bbl, what would your cost/gal be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb