Infuriating graphic tweeted out by the UF UAA on facilities

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So if I read this correctly (probably not), it looks like it's saying thanks for your donations. We've already spent them on non-revenue sports even though we know that isn't what you donated for. Now we're asking for more, so trust us, we'll actually spend it on Football this time. Honest!
th
Lol exactly how I read it too

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Theyve buried the tweet now.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
So if I read this correctly (probably not), it looks like it's saying thanks for your donations. We've already spent them on non-revenue sports even though we know that isn't what you donated for. Now we're asking for more, so trust us, we'll actually spend it on Football this time. Honest!
th

I get/share the frustration that these upcoming steps weren’t completed years ago, including the big one of moving baseball to make the athletics campus flow better for football. But the steps taken are good to our success.

The indoor football facility is for football. The Hawkins Center is critical to the football program’s success if we want to contend for championships regularly. Greatness requires elite athletes who are also driven to excel and succeed. Mullen is developing that whole-life approach, which is a big part of his recruiting pitch. That commitment has and will make a big difference to the elite/driven athletes we want.

Just happened to see this article this morning. Mullen is taking the same approach. It’s the path to the sustained success we want to see again.
Clemson football coach Dabo Swinney wows crowd at SEU fundraiser

Hurrig8r

Nov 18, 2017
Greatness requires elite athletes who are also driven to excel and succeed.
Theologator is absolutely right. Things happen in steps. You cant build this without moving that! That being said... Here is another reason to share the wealth with other sports.
I don't know what time you guys live in, but in the world of millennials and Gen z-ers...Everyone is offended. Great athletes want to play where athletes get taken care of. Not just their sport, but all athletes. Joe 5 star QB Snowflake doesn't want to have the inter mural squash guy yelling mean hurtful things at him over being entitled. No, Joe 5 star QB wants everyone to enjoy the posh luxuries of life (so far as they don't have to pay for them or no animals or climate was injured in the developing of such luxuries) to make all his kind feel safe and welcome. Inclusiveness is what drives people today. You want great athletes in the future...Pony up!
I have been fine sitting in the swamp on bench seats for 32 years now. No wi-fi...no Starbucks... no Daktronik board the size of a skyscraper, but today is different. Everyone must be made to believe "we are doing this all for YOU"... So spend the money on all sports, because it WILL help attract this generation of athletes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So spend the money on all sports, because it WILL help attract this generation of athletes

Look no one is saying dont spend on other sports. But we have to fix football NOW and they are imstead saying

1. We are keeping all the current income (still top 10 despite Fooley's efforts).
2. Spending most of it on us/admin or giving it back to the unicersity.
3. Spending on every other sport first.
4. Football last and only if you give us a huge amount EXTRA

It is long past time for us to clean put UAA.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My money stays in my pocket. I gave up my season tickets 5 years ago, retirement requires a few adjustments.

I'm not even on the mailing list anymore although I still get emails offering to put me on the preferred waiting list.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So they need 9 figures in handouts. What they hell do they do with the mountain of TV money they get every year?

Hurrig8r

Nov 18, 2017
So spend the money on all sports, because it WILL help attract this generation of athletes

Look no one is saying dont spend on other sports. But we have to fix football NOW and they are imstead saying

1. We are keeping all the current income (still top 10 despite Fooley's efforts).
2. Spending most of it on us/admin or giving it back to the unicersity.
3. Spending on every other sport first.
4. Football last and only if you give us a huge amount EXTRA

It is long past time for us to clean put UAA.

This is all in fun, with some truth!
I am not disagreeing with you at all... I'm merely telling you football and sports in general do not matter to this generation. When we are all gone the huge stadiums of the SEC will be torn down, like a statue of remembrance of the Civil War. In its place will be Gaming halls where multitudes of safe feeling, bearded dudes with buns on their heads are playing Mortal Combat or engaging in Cos-Play....all while sipping Acai berry juice.

BTW we better pay for this stuff now...How is the fan of the future going to pay for anything from the parents house with no job!

I hope I offended no one in this reply...Unless you live at home with no job and play video games all day or Cos-Play more than you work! Or get easily offended by any statue that has been there for 150 yrs...And don't like it now but you don't know why...It's just got to go because its offensive!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
BTW we better pay for this stuff now...How is the fan of the future going to pay for anything from the parents house with no job!

I hope I offended no one in this reply...Unless you live at home with no job and play video games all day or Cos-Play more than you work! Or get easily offended by any statue that has been there for 150 yrs...And don't like it now but you don't know why...It's just got to go because its offensive!
You've broken the rules on exclamation points!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I may have to checkout this cosplay thing.
1217c4db4b342b7506585db4f4845a70.jpg

Im sure they have daddy issues that need therapy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So they need 9 figures in handouts. What they hell do they do with the mountain of TV money they get every year?
They spend 40% of it on themselves then give the rest to the university.

Amazing they have that income and they think NONE OF THAT can be spent on facilities.

Every other SEC schools spent all that ESPN money on upgrades. They hired more admin.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
we got mullins...........he can coach........the rest is mostly for show........the best show I saw yesterday after the freshman's three was the football team's reaction. Winners like winners. Put Put golf and hot tubs are for puzzzies.........

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im amazed at at the consistent cluelessnessby corch.

I wonder if he walks around every day whistling and saying trust the establishment.... except Orangemanwhohurtme.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Amazing they have that income and they think NONE OF THAT can be spent on facilities.
Honestly, I really don't understand this. Can someone clue me in? With their revenue, they could easily get the loans they need to build any damn facilities they want immediately. Why the hell do they need $100+ FREAKING MILLION in donations? It's beyond belief.

It's like Jeff Bezos starting a GoFundMe to get money to build a new Amazon warehouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator