Injury Updates?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone with any updates please post. I haven't heard anything about Pierce. ESPN made a comment that we are hoping to have zuniga next week as well so there could be something there. And obviously any trask updates.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I was at the game and Pierce went straight to the locker room but, I wasn't sure if he was concussed or had a shoulder problem. Any insight would be appreciated.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I was at the game and Pierce went straight to the locker room but, I wasn't sure if he was concussed or had a shoulder problem. Any insight would be appreciated.
Pierce fumbled because he was temporarily knocked out by the hit, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up in the concussion protocol. Whether or not he had a shoulder injury as well, that was not clear from the broadcast.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Pierce fumbled because he was temporarily knocked out by the hit, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up in the concussion protocol. Whether or not he had a shoulder injury as well, that was not clear from the broadcast.
I noticed our players make him lay back down after he got up. Thanks for clearing it up.

BassinGator

Nov 17, 2015
Mullin said Pierce is goofy anyway and seemed normal in the locker room after the game. Hopeful that the trainers just kept him out as a precaution.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen said in the presser we'll know more Monday.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Pierce was KO'd. He got up after the hut and was staggering around and fell down. Some player grabbed him and waved the trainers in.

I'm more concerned with Greenard, Delance. wheres Ventrell Miller been?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Out of curiosity, do we do baselining and if so, how often? Military is prior to each deployment and after.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018

I was at the game, so didn't really see hear any explanation about why it wasn't a penalty for targeting? The student section was pretty animated for the rest of the game as a result and I tend to think with some justification too.

It was clearly helmet to helmet...did the broadcast explain why it wasn't flagged?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
'78 is in shambles.
itraz's pride on injured reserve
Law's liver is listed as game time decision for next week.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I was at the game, so didn't really see hear any explanation about why it wasn't a penalty for targeting? The student section was pretty animated for the rest of the game as a result and I tend to think with some justification too.

It was clearly helmet to helmet...did the broadcast explain why it wasn't flagged?
Yes. Peirce lowered his head and the helmet to helmet was unavoidable.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
See. I don't know if I buy that. Have to rewatch. Pierce was going forward. I doubt he even saw the hit from the side. So he wasn't lowering his head for the collision. Dude hit him straight up in the airhole with crown.
The rule is there to prevent injury. Tackler is supposed to have control/responsibility. He led with helmet and hit Pierce from the side.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Which is complete BS because we've been flagged in past years for targeting when the opponents dipped their heads causing the head to head contact. More than once too.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Pierce was KO'd. He got up after the hut and was staggering around and fell down. Some player grabbed him and waved the trainers in.

I'm more concerned with Greenard, Delance. wheres Ventrell Miller been?

Greenard ran off the field on was back in shortly after. Not sure on the others.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member

Basically it came down to three factors:

1) Pierce lowered his head
2) There was no apparent intent to injure, defender didn’t launch up or into Pierce’s head
3) Pierce was not a defenseless player

This was Gary’s and the replay ref that they call up from New York or whoever he sits explanation as to why it wasn’t targeting. I’d be fine with this, except I’ve seen players flagged AND ejected for much less, which is why the rule is fuking stupid.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Basically it came down to three factors:

1) Pierce lowered his head
2) There was no apparent intent to injure, defender didn’t launch up or into Pierce’s head
3) Pierce was not a defenseless player

This was Gary’s and the replay ref that they call up from New York or whoever he sits explanation as to why it wasn’t targeting. I’d be fine with this, except I’ve seen players flagged AND ejected for much less, which is why the rule is fuking stupid.

It also kills the whole principle behind the rule. It’s about player safety. I don’t care if it’s slow motion or not, if a player leads with his head and makes contact with another player’s head, it should be a penalty. Never mind the fact there was a concussion as a result. How anyone could possibly see that slowed down and not think there should’ve been a flag is beyond me.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It also kills the whole principle behind the rule. It’s about player safety. .
Right, he turns his head to the right and tackles australian style as weve been told we are supposed to be doing now and neither player gets a massive blow to the head.

It is supposed to be enforced like a face mask, intentional or not. Getting knocked out from a head inpact is exactly why they are trying to limit all head contacts.

The LB was leading w the crown of his helmet, and danger to his own head and neck, regardless of what part of Perine he hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb