Interesting scenario for FSU game

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Let me preface this by saying I am absolutely in now way hoping Franks gets hurt, just to be clear.

I was reading an article the other day about how bad our QB situation is with Zaire, Del Rio, Trask and Allen all being unavailable due to injury. So, if Franks were unable to go, our options are a walk-on (Sproles), Toney, or Massey.

How cool would it be to beat FSU and make a bowl game for them impossible (making them look like total idiots when they play their 'make-up' game that they believed would make them bowl eligible) with one or some combination of a walk-on, a JuCo WR, or a FR WR at QB leading the worst Gator team since before any player on either team was born? While this season has been an absolute nightmare, that would at least be an amazingly fun way to end it.

That being said, that would still hold true even if it is Franks leading the team. Regardless, beating an FSU team that was supposed to be a high likelihood for the Playoffs and was preseason #3 with this current Gator team would be a nice feeling to end a miserable season. Couple that with excitement around the new coach and I think everyone's mood would be up a few notches.

Anyways, just a random, but fun, thought.

Gatorfool

Sep 9, 2016
Its to late for Chip Kelly to put together a plan for FSU, and thats the only way we win.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Before the start of the game, Chip Kelly parasails in, landing at the 50.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking the drunk fans will storm the field during the game thinking we won.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They were No. 1 ranked when we beat them in '97 alternating quarterbacks on nearly every series, possibly even on downs. Wasn't Brindise a walk-on?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They were No. 1 ranked when we beat them in '97 alternating quarterbacks on nearly every series, possibly even on downs. Wasn't Brindise a walk-on?

That was the loudest I ever heard the Swamp. The pass to Jaquez Green near the end of the game.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
Believe it or not, there's still something in Tallahassee that resembles a football team with an actual coach.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This just in :
FSU fans are complaining that at away games, from their Hotels to the stadium, Uber drivers are taking them the long way and running up their charges. What's with that?

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Franks will shed 10 pounds from his PBJ and popcorn diet that The Stain fed him during their late night strategy sessions and rushes for 158 yards and 3 TDs,,,oh wait Nuss is still here. -27 yards rushing and 3 INTS from opting for the same short pass play on 50% of his play calls.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I believe (but know nothing) that Nuss calls hopeless plays and Franks executes them
hopelessly. Thus it is the McElbane CFB tactics of poke & hope football.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.