Interesting Story on Hernandez

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
A little more insight into everybody's favorite thug. That he ever wore the orange and blue will always be an embarrassment to me as an alumni. I'd love to know how he ever passed a single test at UF.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/f...t-in-bone-chilling-court-scene-012208774.html

"Separated by six court officers, either directly between them or ready to restrain. Separated by the distance between the witness stand (Bradley) and the defense table (Hernandez), although under different circumstances those positions could have been reversed. Separated because their relationship is as complex as it is combustible, most apparent perhaps when Bradley explained to the jury why he didn’t go to the police even after Hernandez allegedly pointed a gun between his eyebrows, fired and left him to die in an alley of an industrial area of South Florida."

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What's crazy to me is Hernandez was the "intended" target on the Hail Mary at the end of the second Super Bowl the Pats lost to the Giants. Imagine if he had caught that, been an NFL hero, and then these murders happened. Talk about an awkward future for NFL films. :lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He's not your average murderer. He's a friggin serial killer.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Great player. Wish we had an athlete with even half his work ethic now.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It is almost impossible to believe that he wasn't the same sociopath while here and acted as such.

Someday some real stories will come out and be confirmed. Ugh.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It is almost impossible to believe that he wasn't the same sociopath while here and acted as such.

I doubt it as long as he's alive. Anyone that knows him well enough to know firsthand anything he did has to be scared to death of him.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I've heard some double hearsay and they are scary...

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

I briefly dated an ex girlfriend of his. He cheated on her and they had a huge fight in a parking lot his freshman year. I don't quite think that counts, though. :lol:

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I have had the misfortune of being in his presence back when he was at UF. It was an informal setting and Hernandez was there with a few other players. At the time he was a star player for the Gators and yet everyone in the room avoided him. He exuded trouble. I didn't know who he was until two people in my group started talking about how he was trouble every time he was around. I distinctly remember them making fun of him for being a wannabe that grew up in a well off area. Of course, they didn't say it within earshot of him. All you had to do was be near him and you could get a very good feeling for who he was. Meyer had to have known what he had brought to our community.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I have had the misfortune of being in his presence back when he was at UF. It was an informal setting and Hernandez was there with a few other players. At the time he was a star player for the Gators and yet everyone in the room avoided him. He exuded trouble. I didn't know who he was until two people in my group started talking about how he was trouble every time he was around. I distinctly remember them making fun of him for being a wannabe that grew up in a well off area. Of course, they didn't say it within earshot of him. All you had to do was be near him and you could get a very good feeling for who he was. Meyer had to have known what he had brought to our community.
There's a reason they made him dorm up with Touchdown Jesus

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So apparently by marrying Sas, I've unknowingly put myself in danger bc I completely forgot about this. Awesome. Nice knowing you guys! Remember me fondly!

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

He was and did.

http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2013/7...dez-reggie-nelson-2007-shooting-police-report

• Former Florida player Reggie Nelson and Hernandez were both identified to police by Randall Cason, a witness of the early morning shootings of Corey Smith and Jeremy Glass on September 30, 2007, as involved parties in the shooting.
  • Cason also indicated that Nelson's black Chevy Tahoe was involved in the incident, but that Nelson "did not have the gun, he was just there." (Nelson's SUV is identified as both a Chevy Tahoe and a GMC Denali in the report.)
  • Cason told police that Nelson and a "Hawaiian" man approached the Ford Crown Victoria he and the two victims of the shooting were in, that the "Hawaiian" man fired approximately five shots into the vehicle, and that both fled after the shooting.
  • A bullet struck Smith in the head, causing a life-threatening injury, and Glass in the arm. Both victims survived, and the investigation is thus classified as an attempted murder.
  • Nelson, then a member of the Jacksonville Jaguars, denied involvement in the shooting, but told police that on the night of September 30, while at Gainesville nightclub The Venue, Hernandez told him of an incident in which one of the Pounceys (Nelson cannot tell them apart, he told police) had a necklace stolen by Cason, which one of the Pounceys later corroborated. Nelson additionally told police that he had a conversation with Cason at The Venue, which ended with Cason saying the necklace had been given away, and that he was not present at the site of the shooting.
  • Hernandez — whose name is redacted in the report, as he was a 17-year-old juvenile at the time of the shooting and investigation, but who is presumably the person referred to as "Hawaiian" throughout the report — invoked his right to counsel when contacted by police.
  • When re-interviewed by police on the evening of September 30, Cason rescinded his identifications of Nelson and Hernandez.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
When Hernandez declared for the draft, NFL people said he would either end up in the HOF or death row. So his past was well documented. Meyer really got the top 1% of 1% with Hernandez.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.