Jenny On The Railroad- Your hibiscus flower is called Heavy Metal

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter said:
I was never quite right again. The next year went to Atlanta 2 and then later up to a 3 day festival at Rockingham Speedway in NC. Another awesome show. A few months later I sold everything I owned and with a buddy hItchhiked to San Francisco for a year. Now that was country come to town. Came back to Florida in 72 and moved to Gainesville in 74
At the 1st Atlanta Pop Festival I remember seeing Hendrix play the Star Spangled Banner. It was midnight and I was sitting on a fence about 75 feet away from the stage. About 2 in the morning I made my way back to a field where we were parked and I was laying on my sleeping blanket and passed out listening to Johnny Rivers playing in the distance. The day after the festival we went to downtown Atlanta. Janis Joplin, Joe Cocker and Sweetwater put on a free concert in Piedmont Park.There were probably 20,000 people in the park. Sadly, both Janis and Jimi died the next year.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
crosscreekcooter;n24702 said:
This was one of my favorites from 1969 (I was 17)
69%20ATLANTA.jpg
Shortly before Woodstock.
and not in Atlanta for those of you wondering which side it was on. . It was south (?) of Macon near Byron, Ga.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter said:
really? Ha! how ironic. I do not enjoy heavy metal. Picked that flower when the avatars were tiny, looking for something that would be clear visually. Had gotten some roselle plants and been reading about them and mallows.. Both hibiscus and roselle are mallows Thanks for the info!!! (FYI,- I am perfectly OK with people shortening my name to Jenny if they would rather)

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter said:
I gave you the perfect Avatar.:proud:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.