Introduction

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n24462 said:
Enough with the bs who's your favorite poster?

My favorite poster when I was about seven:

Farrah_Fawcett_iconic_pinup_1976.jpg

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter said:
This was one of my favorites from 1969 (I was 17)
69%20ATLANTA.jpg
Chuck Berry, CCR, Zeppelin, etc.??!! That would have been one hell of a show.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
GatorJ;n24597 said:
Welcome! I'm glad to see so many new faces. It seems like we're starting to get more participation than we even had on the old board. And the season hasn't even started yet!
13 new signups since yesterday.
It would be good to ask where they found Gatorchatter. I have been posting it on the Gatorsports.com site the past few days and they haven't deleted it. I try to post it on all the articles I read. I saw where Law was doing the same.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was never quite right again. The next year went to Atlanta 2 and then later up to a 3 day festival at Rockingham Speedway in NC. Another awesome show. A few months later I sold everything I owned and with a buddy hItchhiked to San Francisco for a year. Now that was country come to town. Came back to Florida in 72 and moved to Gainesville in 74

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nice seeing all the new folks on here. I am sure when the season gets going it will be busy around here. And from the way this site is working....looks like we won't have the IT issues with that, other, uh, was there ever an other board?

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Phineus Maximus said:
t-gator;n24462 said:
Enough with the bs who's your favorite poster?

My favorite poster when I was about seven:

Farrah_Fawcett_iconic_pinup_1976.jpg
That brings back memories, I had this poster as well.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter said:
I was never quite right again. The next year went to Atlanta 2 and then later up to a 3 day festival at Rockingham Speedway in NC. Another awesome show. A few months later I sold everything I owned and with a buddy hItchhiked to San Francisco for a year. Now that was country come to town. Came back to Florida in 72 and moved to Gainesville in 74
I can imagine. I'm sure there were all types of extracurricular activities going on back in those days, especially in Frisco.

M

mtrcoach10

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm new too. Long time lurker on the old board as well. I'm a '95 grad now living in Indiana. Looking forward to a much better 2014! Go Gators!

Dugaboy

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
To those of you newbies who don't know this, CrossCreek Cooter has frequent birthdays. That upsets the Leader. The Leader has posted that Cooter better not have any more birthdays this year, or he will bring down God's own thunder. I noticed today Cooter did his best Jack Keroac imitation and took you, "On The Road." He has been known to drift off into extreme nostalgia and when awaken, lash out with great ferocity at the interlocutor. Beware...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Dugaboy said:
To those of you newbies who don't know this, CrossCreek Cooter has frequent birthdays. That upsets the Leader. The Leader has posted that Cooter better not have any more birthdays this year, or he will bring down God's own thunder. I noticed today Cooter did his best Jack Keroac imitation and took you, "On The Road." He has been known to drift off into extreme nostalgia and when awaken, lash out with great ferocity at the interlocutor. Beware...
:crazy:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dugaboy;24848 said:

For you newbies as well, sometimes Dugaboy posts incoherent posts like that after his coke benders.

Dugaboy

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's hard to OD on marijuana....so, I just stick to Johnny Walker Black and read posts from The Leader...

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter said:
69%20ATLANTA.jpg
whoa! That is a memory jolter. We had that that poster in our our living room at some point in college. I had forgotten. No idea who brought it in. Friend of mine went and it was the source of many written short stories for him for years- mostly LSD saturated perspectives.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter said:
I went to the miami pop festival which seems like it was after woodstock and before atlanta festival- somewhere in school year of 69-70 mostly hung out at the quieter folk stage. Remember groups I hadn't heard before, Sweetwater, Procol Harem. Also Ritchie Haven.whom I did know. What I most remember is one of the guys having an overdose of his asthma inhaler making him speedy. My friend from above was over at the race track stage getting blown out of stadium by Steppiinwolf and loving it.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
crosscreekcooter;n24702 said:
69%20ATLANTA.jpg
Shortly before Woodstock.
ah. my festival time line is quite sketchy at this point. Wow. just remember that poster standing out in the living room

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome to all the newbies over here. Glad to have you!! :bananawave:

I also was a lurker on GSMB but found my way over here fairly early and wanted to support the site by joining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.