Is anybody watching BYU vs Memphis?

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Went from a great football game to a title fight real quick. Included a Blount like sucker punch by a byu player.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Memphis started it by pushing a BYU player and the melee ensued. A BYU player named Nacua I think ran up behind a memphis player who was getting pulled off the pile and blind sided him in the ear. Pretty crazy scene. The actual game was awesome. BYU was down 10 in the 4th and came back and took the lead. Memphis then answered with a td to tie with 45 secs left. Went to 2 ot where memphis picked off BYU to end the game and start the fight.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Great game, BYU's coach had a pretty big blunder using two of his timeouts to ice the kicker on the game-tying PAT late in the 4th. Should have held onto them and tried to get in FG range. Teams were chippy throughout the game, wasn't surprised to see the fight.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Great game, BYU's coach had a pretty big blunder using two of his timeouts to ice the kicker on the game-tying PAT late in the 4th. Should have held onto them and tried to get in FG range. Teams were chippy throughout the game, wasn't surprised to see the fight.

Yeah I was scratching my head at the to's too. They had 45 secs to get down the field and I think they had all 3 timeouts before calling the 2. I can understand 1 to make sure they are ready for the fake, but he should have saved them. After all that they still should have come up with that deep ball at the end. He would have hit the ground with a sec or 2 on the clock to give them a chance at a game winning fg.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is anyone watching BYU and Memphis?

Is this a serious question?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n136209 said:

Lots of great individual and team plays, lots of momentum swings, double OT, it was a very entertaining game.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great game. I guess I just enjoy college football. Looking forward to more like this one.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n136209 said:

If I hadn't watched it I would have asked the same question. Great game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n136210 said:
Lots of great individual and team plays, lots of momentum swings, double OT, it was a very entertaining game.

human-torch-or-captain-america_o_317237.jpg

And yet, it's BYU and Memphis.

Just because I liked this one:

captain-puerto-rico.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n136215 said:

That's exactly the way my day went, except the missile didn't seem to hit him in the balls.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n136217 said:
That's exactly the way my day went, except the missile didn't seem to hit him in the balls.

Hopefully, your year-long period ends with the New Year.:lol:

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Justin Fuente really brought back to life a very dormant Memphis Tigers football program this year.

Tommy West did his best at Memphis and was fired in 2009. His comments in the video below are heartfelt and truthful and are worth listening too. While the Memphis program has never been a power in football it has been something that I think is worth saving. West's comments speak to the problems some of the smaller D-1 programs face, and even some of the larger programs.

[youtube]eLk06dQlyAE[/youtube]

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
I picked Memphis to win in the Gatorchatter ESPN Bowl Challenge, so that's why I care. It was also interesting to see Miami Marlins field as a football stadium. Those walls were very close to the field of play. I was thinking back to that Illi-noiz (let's see who understands the reference) game at Wrigley where they played facing one way all game b/c of the close walls.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
#12 ran into the scrum without his helmet then got blasted. Serves him right for being a moron.
Then the coward takes a swing at a guy with his back turned.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pay attention to that awesome defensive performance by Memphis - Mizzou just hired their defensive Coordinator!

Hoooray

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator