Recruiting Is it fair to wonder if UGA is paying recruits?

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by oxrageous, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Blacklabgator

Blacklabgator Lurking Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,241
    Ratings:
    +3,588 / -77
    With the new FHSSA transfer rules anyone can “recruit”.

2. soflagator

soflagator Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $4,399
    Ratings:
    +9,058 / -35
    Grizard, like all dogs, is garbage. Outside of an alcohol-induced post(which we never rule out with you), even quoting him borders on grounds for a vacation.

3. Gators79

Gators79 Member

Oxbucks:
    $187
    Ratings:
    +557 / -74
    No one is afraid of the NCAA anymore. Well maybe Mullen is. \

"The Bulldogs have had an INCREDIBLE run over the last two-ish weeks. They have flipped Cade Mays– a legacy and presumed lock to Tennessee. They have flipped Brenton Cox– the same thing, but to Ohio State. They flipped Nadab Joseph from Alabama just a few days ago, despite his name never appearing anywhere on UGA sites. They landed five-star quarterback Justin Fields, despite having two other five-stars in the two classes above (Jacob Eason and Jake Fromm), meaning that there is no easy road for Fields to start, especially the next two years while Fromm is forced to stay in Athens. How is this possible? Kirby $mart is at it again."

http://buckeyesnews.net/cheating-in-college-football-recruiting-an-op-ed/

4. soflagator

soflagator Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $4,399
    Ratings:
    +9,058 / -35
    Nothing would please me more than to see Athens burn to the ground. But the problem with this blog is that their own current head coach was doing similar things at UF. Think of Brantley committing alongside another 5* Newton, all while Tebow, the heir apparent to Leak, was just finishing his Freshman year. We were taking whoever we wanted(entire Lakeland team), wherever we wanted(Dunlap, Spikes, Hill). The 2010 class probably had more head scratchers than any I can remember with 5* guys coming in from all over the country, with Daz as an interim.

The flip of Joseph and Cox may be surprising, but even mentioning a ut kid like Mays jumping to the trending program over a complete dumpster fire in Knoxville is no more suspicious than Cook bailing on us and going to fsu during their title run.

Again, I'm absolutely thrilled at the idea of uga going down hard. I just think some of this stuff is overplayed.

5. biggator6

biggator6 Junior Member

Oxbucks:
    $130
    Ratings:
    +390 / -17
    https://deadspin.com/kirbys-law-will-make-it-harder-to-report-on-georgia-a-1770500372

6. oxrageous

oxrageous It's Good to be King
    Administrator

Oxbucks:
    $11,273
    Ratings:
    +26,220 / -343
  7. biggator6

biggator6 Junior Member

Oxbucks:
    $130
    Ratings:
    +390 / -17
    read closely.. they don't even have to acknowledge a request for 90 days... BUSINESS days. 18 weeks.

• soflagator

soflagator Senior Member
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $4,399
      Ratings:
      +9,058 / -35
      Or in other words, "an entire football season".

Seriously, I say we get all the Gators out, let tennessee annex the lower Smokies, give Augusta National to South Carolina, and just kick the whole remaining state out of the union. They bring nothing to the table and are total trash.

#88 soflagator, Jul 12, 2018
      Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
      • Durfish

Durfish Feed me!
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $990
        Ratings:
        +2,139 / -18
        And then it's a "We got your request and will take another 90 business days to decide what our action will be, then take 90 business days to do the 'administrative work' of redacting, copying, and snail-mailing the documents to you."

Gotta protect the post season AND recruiting season.

• NVGator

NVGator Member
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $2,592
        Ratings:
        +6,242 / -241
        The amount of money the SEC and the NCAA has made since he’s been there is astronomical. He’s taken college football to a whole new level. Love him or hate him, and I do hate him, he’s untouchable.

• Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Pie-Hole Stuffed Douchebag
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $19,171
        Ratings:
        +43,381 / -1,514
        Dude, that is the espn contract, not lil Satan. That was coming regardless.

#91 Swamp Donkey, Jul 12, 2018
        • -THE DUDE-

-THE DUDE- This is the year!!!

Oxbucks:
          $1,400
          Ratings:
          +3,896 / -29
          Bama kids are all driving brand new chargers and what not ours drive scooters...

• Okeechobee Joe

Okeechobee Joe Lost Ball in High Grass
            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
            $2,654
            Ratings:
            +7,118 / -18
            “The high cost of livin’ ain’t nothin’ like the cost of livin’ high” if you know what I mean.

#93 Okeechobee Joe, Jul 12, 2018
          • GatorInGeorgia

GatorInGeorgia Senior Member
            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
            $720
            Ratings:
            +1,725 / -37
            :bwahaha:

Mac was too busy making PBJ’s to pay attention to the important stuff.

• RiverRat

RiverRat Well-Known Member
              Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
              $209
              Ratings:
              +334 / -28

78 Dazed and Confused
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $7,730
                Ratings:
                +13,693 / -393
                7.3b ESPN USD over 12 yrs. Either we pay for it or advertisers do.

• Gator4Life

Gator4Life Member
                  Supporting Member

Ratings:
                  +33 / -1
                  I think the points about $mart & $aban are very well made!! With that being said if this is found to be true at some point the party we'll all be having when the curtain is pulled back will be EPIC!
                  Just the sanctions alone lodged against those schools will be what memories are made from not to mention the reg session games, bowls and even the big one the Nat/Titles that will have to be forfeited when that were to happen!!! Plus getting to watch Saban go down in flames alonge with Smart and both there schools would be something that I'd hope to be around long enough to see and laugh until it's just not possible to physically laugh anymore! This is probably not likely to happen soon or at all but just like the pay to play question that started this it would be my hope and probably far fetched dream for this to be the final outcome to that question Go big or go home

• Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
                  $1,893
                  Ratings:
                  +5,924 / -110
                  I bet they never mess with Saban. I think I read one time that anytime Bama got nailed in the past it was the NCAA having to do it themselves while the SEC tried to hinder the investigation if anything while the times UF and many other SEC schools that weren't one of the good ole boy teams got in trouble it was the SEC turning us into to the NCAA. With how they have learned to just not cooperate with the NCAA now I doubt they get nailed anytime soon.

• Gators79

Gators79 Member

Oxbucks:
                    $187
                    Ratings:
                    +557 / -74
                    Again , the NCAA is just trash. Nothing more than a front . Now if some kid has a bake sale the NCAA will be on it. In North Carolina the kids didn't show for up for class, professors from the school turned them in . After a 2 year investigation, nothing happened.

• Thick&ThinG8r

Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
                      $440
                      Ratings:
                      +893 / -39
                      There was little more to it than that. The school created a fake department with fake classes and basketball players were steered there by the coaches. There was never a class to even skip. To top it off they sandwiched 2 national championships on either side of the investigation. At that point it was obvious that the only way to be caught by the NCAA was to tell on yourself, which I have no doubt Florida would do in a second.