Recruiting Is it fair to wonder if UGA is paying recruits?

leogator

May 5, 2018
We've owned Georgia for the last few decades and their facilities are shcit aswell. We don't expect recruits to come to Florida because "we're Florida ". We expect them to come to Florida because its been done in the past and we're paying some dude 6 mil a year to bring them in. And please don't act like athens or Tuscaloosa is some dream destination.
They have been investing like crazy lately. Athens is a very nice college town not too far from Atlanta. Georgia has been out recruiting us for decades.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They have been investing like crazy lately. Athens is a very nice college town not too far from Atlanta. Georgia has been out recruiting us for decades.

Just curious why people think this. We have had players to match GA since the early 80s before the dropoff from sanctions and also under Spurrier through Muschamp for the most part. All our coaches at least matched GA in non 1st classes. Mac was the only coach since Spurrier to get their clock cleaned by GA in recruiting every year.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Just curious why people think this. We have had players to match GA since the early 80s before the dropoff from sanctions and also under Spurrier through Muschamp for the most part. All our coaches at least matched GA in non 1st classes. Mac was the only coach since Spurrier to get their clock cleaned by GA in recruiting every year.
In terms of recruiting rankings? I'd like to see theirs vs ours.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
In terms of recruiting rankings? I'd like to see theirs vs ours.

It would probably be hard to find the ones for most of the Spurrier years but I know Zook and Muschamp at least matched Georgia in non 1st classes and as far as Spurrier I bet we matched players put into the NFL if we didn't put in more than them.

FSU was the only opponent to out recruit Spurrier most years (maybe Tenn a few years) except for just a couple and that is why they were the only team to have a winning record against him because we know it wasn't Bowden's coaching that won the games.

GolfinDog

Banned
BANNED
Jul 21, 2016
Is it fair to ask the question? Certainly. Is UGA cheating? Probably. Now that the Reverend is gone I don’t see any more first round picks missing half of their season due to taking money for autographs, while the NCAA deliberates on punishments.

leogator

May 5, 2018
It would probably be hard to find the ones for most of the Spurrier years but I know Zook and Muschamp at least matched Georgia in non 1st classes and as far as Spurrier I bet we matched players put into the NFL if we didn't put in more than them.

FSU was the only opponent to out recruit Spurrier most years (maybe Tenn a few years) except for just a couple and that is why they were the only team to have a winning record against him because we know it wasn't Bowden's coaching that won the games.

As you can seefrom the included file, we recruited better than Georgia during the last year of Meyer's run and Muschamp's rein, yet we lost to them every year except 2014 during Muschamp's rein. They had Aaron Murray and we had...Driskell?

Attachments

• Gators Dogs history.pdf
    22.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

About what I figured but didn't realize Spurrier had that bad of a class in 2001 before he left. He must have known he was ready to bolt after the upcoming season.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
Well they just pulled in former #1 overall 5⭐️ WR Demetris Robertson. So UGA got the #1 overall QB, #1 overall RB, and a #1 overall WR in this last class. They are going to be so loaded in 2019. :barfaway:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well they just pulled in former #1 overall 5⭐️ WR Demetris Robertson. So UGA got the #1 overall QB, #1 overall RB, and a #1 overall WR in this last class. They are going to be so loaded in 2019. :barfaway:

You are kidding... Unbelievable - there has to be funny business going on.

leogator

May 5, 2018
The other thing that stands out for me is that despite Muschamp recruiting well, the results on the field were terrible. How do you lose to Ga. Southern? How do you leave somebody with 6 OL? Not very good ones at that!

Remember Driskell was the #1 overall ranked player. I wonder how well he would have done under Meyer or Mullen. He was supposed to be great at practices also.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
How does somone with an offensive resume as thin as Kirby’s pull in a #1 overall player at all the skill positions? To Kirby’s credit 2 of those players were born in Georgia, so that would explain why Justin Fields and Demetris Robertson would want to play for him.

Recruiting and college football in general frustrates me because Kirby has not done diddly to deserve QBs, WRs, and RBs that are this good.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
What's Smart's staff look like? Did hire good recruiters? I'm sure that explains half of it.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How does somone with an offensive resume as thin as Kirby’s pull in a #1 overall player at all the skill positions? To Kirby’s credit 2 of those players were born in Georgia, so that would explain why Justin Fields and Demetris Robertson would want to play for him.

Recruiting and college football in general frustrates me because Kirby has not done diddly to deserve QBs, WRs, and RBs that are this good.

Automobiles, cash and jobs for parents....a rich Jawja tradition even in high school. Kirby looks the other way just like Saban and Bowden....Foley was NCAA 's beotch so we offered scooters to break your neck on and still do.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is it fair to ask the question? Certainly. Is UGA cheating? Probably. Now that the Reverend is gone I don’t see any more first round picks missing half of their season due to taking money for autographs, while the NCAA deliberates on punishments.
Frankly, since that old Clowntown administrator took over Ncaa enforcement committee, I don't know why anyone would follow the rules. Hell they couldn't even punish Miami.

leogator

May 5, 2018
This is the vaunted 2010 #1 ranked class:

Name
Pos. Ht. Wt. Hometown (Previous School)
Neiron Ball DE/OLB 6-3 196 Jackson, GA (Jackson H.S.)
Trey Burton QB 6-3 214 Venice, FL (Venice Senior H.S.)
Gerald Christian TE 6-3 232 Palm Beach Gardens, FL (William T. Dwyer H.S.)
Robert Clark WR/KR 5-9 161 Palm Beach Gardens, FL (William T. Dwyer H.S.)
Matt Elam S 5-10 199 Palm Beach Gardens, FL (William T. Dwyer H.S.)
Jordan Haden S 6-2 202 Fort Washington, MD (Friendly H.S.)
Leon Orr DT 6-5 344 New Port Richey, FL (Gulf H.S .)
Solomon Patton WR 5-9 167 Mobile, AL (Murphy H.S.)
Joshua Shaw CB 6-3 186 Palmdale, CA (Palmdale H.S.)
Ian Silberman OL 6-5 260 Orange Park, FL (Fleming Island H.S.)
Jaylen Watkins CB 6-0 174 Cape Coral, FL (Cape Coral H.S.)
Gideon Ajagbe LB 6-2 197 Coconut Grove, FL (Ransom Everglades School)
Mack Brown RB 5-11 190 Lithonia, GA (King H.S.)
Adrian Coxson WR 6-2 195 Baltimore, MD (City College High)
Jonathan Dowling S/WR 6-4 185 Bradenton, FL (Southeast H.S.)
Quinton Dunbar WR 6-3 170 Miami, FL (Booker T. Washington H.S.)
Chris Dunkley WR 5-11 170 Pahokee, FL (Pahokee H.S.)
Dominique Easley DT 6-3 270 Staten Island, NY (Curtis H.S.)
Sharrif Floyd DT 6-3 311 Philadelphia, PA (George Washington H.S.)
Chaz Green OL 6-6 290 Tampa, FL (Tampa Catholic H.S.)
Darrin Kitchens LB 6-3 215 Homestead, FL (Homestead H.S.)
Michael McFarland TE 6-6 230 Tampa, FL (Blake H.S.)
Tyler Murphy QB 6-2 190 Wethersfield, CT (Wethersfield H.S.)
Ronald Powell DE 6-4 250 Moreno Valley, CA (Rancho Verde H.S.)
Cody Riggs CB 5-10 165 Fort Lauderdale, FL (St. Thomas Aquinas H.S.)
Michael Taylor LB 6-1 213 Atlanta, GA (Westlake H.S.)
Lynden Trail DE 6-7 220 Miami, FL (Booker T. Washington H.S.)
Travon Van ATH 5-11 200 Lemon Grove, CA (Helix H.S./Milford Academy)

Maybe 5-6 of them contributed. That was a vastly overrated class.

This is the 2012 #3 ranked class:

Name Pos Ht Wt Hometown/Previous School
Willie Bailey DB 6-1 167 Hallandale, FL/Hallandale
Jessamen Dunker OL 6-4 320 Boynton Beach, FL/Boynton Beach Comm.
D.J. Humphries OL 6-6 271 Charlotte, NC/Mallard Creek
Damien Jacobs DL 6-3 310 Scooba, MS/East Mississippi CC
Antonio Morrison LB 6-1 209 Bolingbrook, IL/Bolingbrook
Latroy Pittman WR 6-0 195 Citra, FL/North Marion
Raphael Andrades WR 6-0 190 Tallahassee, FL/Lincoln
Jonathan Bullard DL 6-3 263 Shelby, NC/Crest Senior
Bryan Cox Jr. DL 6-3 247 Fort Lauderdale, FL/St. Thomas Aquinas
Dante Fowler Jr. OLB 6-3 261 St. Petersburg, FL/Lakewood Senior
Austin Hardin K 5-10 204 Atlanta, GA/Marist School
Matt Jones RB 6-2 213 Seffner, FL/Armwood
Rhaheim Ledbetter DB 5-11 195 Shelby, NC/Crest Senior
Jafar Mann DL 6-3 293 Stone Mountain, GA/Stephenson
Marcus Maye DB 5-11 200 Melbourne, FL/Holy Trinity Episcopal School
Alex McCalister OLB 6-6 223 Clemmons, NC/West Forsyth HS
Skyler Mornhinweg QB 6-3 190 Philadelphia, PA/Saint Joseph's Prep
Dante Phillips DL 6-6 270 Venice, FL/Venice Senior
Brian Poole CB 5-10 202 Bradenton, FL/Southeast
Jeremi Powell LB 6-1 193 Largo, FL/Pinellas Park
Kent Taylor TE 6-5 225 Land O'Lakes, FL/Land O'Lakes
Colin Thompson TE 6-4 252 Warminster, PA/Archbishop Wood
Quinteze Williams DL 6-5 255 Tyrone, GA/Sandy Creek

OK this had maybe 7-8 contributors

This is the 2013 #3 class. It had some gems but boy did it have some busts.

Attachments

• 2013GatorClass.pdf
    58.4 KB · Views: 55

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.