Is it possible to put sanctions on Kentucky for being too good?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n150786 said:
Stop ruining my point with facts.
Penn St. Is the only one that was severely affected by the sanctions and they had NOTHING to do with the football program. Look at how Miami and the sow skated. **** Ray.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
LagoonGator68;n150816 said:
Penn St. Is the only one that was severely affected by the sanctions and they had NOTHING to do with the football program. Look at how Miami and the sow skated. **** Ray.

tumblr_m7w78gYejD1rqzwo0o2_400.gif

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
At this point, the way he is running the program is a self-sustaining monster. One and done kids know THAT is the school to serve your one year of practice ball before going pro, that you will be surrounded with NBA talent everyday in practice and have a successful season with lots of press and highlight reels for your resume. I don't know if there is shady practices or not at KY that helped him get it up and going that way, but at this point there wouldn't be much he has to do (shady or not) to keep the NBA factory outlet running.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Calipari has created over a billion dollars in wealth for his players families in just the last 8-10 years. Meaning NBA contracts and endorsement deals etc. That's all he has to say to these kids and they are sold. It sucks but I can't hate on him for taking advantage of it.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n150741 said:
Kentucky is a big name in college BBall. The NCAA won't touch them.

They damn near got the death penalty in the late 80s right before Pitino took over.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n150887 said:
At this point, the way he is running the program is a self-sustaining monster. One and done kids know THAT is the school to serve your one year of practice ball before going pro, that you will be surrounded with NBA talent everyday in practice and have a successful season with lots of press and highlight reels for your resume. I don't know if there is shady practices or not at KY that helped him get it up and going that way, but at this point there wouldn't be much he has to do (shady or not) to keep the NBA factory outlet running.
Calipari doesn't have any to offer that coach k at duke or Roy Williams at unc can't and yet they can't even keep up with him in recruiting. Something extremely dirty is going on over there.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
t-gator;151101 said:
Calipari doesn't have any to offer that coach k at duke or Roy Williams at unc can't and yet they can't even keep up with him in recruiting. Something extremely dirty is going on over there.
Yep. And Roy's boys don't even go to unc to play classes

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
For years CBB had a tilted unlevel recruiting surface based on the tradition-status of UK,Kansas, Duke, UNC etc.
Since Calipari started "operation-UK for NBA" , something below surface has vastly tilted the recruiting surface
extremely favoring UK. The man cannot have that much personal charisma.

CBB is overall damaged muchly by UK. Spread those 10-12 players around and CBB excites many more fans
across the nation. UK can only beat itself & that gives no particular team a real chance.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Cal simply sells the "path to the NBA" line. The good thing for the rest of college hoops is that he's a mediocre coach at best. Like I said earlier, if BD had all that talent, he would win the title every year.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n151119 said:
Cal simply sells the "path to the NBA" line. The good thing for the rest of college hoops is that he's a mediocre coach at best. Like I said earlier, if BD had all that talent, he would win the title every year.
He wasn't the first coach to put a player in the nba

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

The NCAA ought to step in and make a rule that when you sign a grant-in-aid with a college program then you have to commit to at least three years. If you don't want to commit to a least three years then sign a contract with the NBA. What Calipari and Kentucky is doing is wrong. These kids are not playing college basketball for the University of Kentucky. They are pampered hired hands and UK is nothing but a farm team for the NBA. The president of the University of Kentucky could sti down with Calipari and say he expects at least some semblence of holding to university standards. But that is not going to happen either because it is now all about winning only and Money. Neither is the NCAA going to do anything.

Attachments

• conv_1946.jpg
    conv_1946.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 16

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n151121 said:
He wasn't the first coach to put a player in the nba

He's always been a solid recruiter. He now has the UK brand to assist and is making the most of it by landing everyone 5* in the land. Honestly, we sound like a bunch of crybabies by accusing him of cheating without any evidence. Remember when Lame Kitten said that about us? Besides, we just kicked their asses 3 times last year with a roster without a single NBA player versus his roster of about 6 first rounders.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n151148 said:
He's always been a solid recruiter. He now has the UK brand to assist and is making the most of it by landing everyone 5* in the land. Honestly, we sound like a bunch of crybabies by accusing him of cheating without any evidence. Remember when Lame Kitten said that about us? Besides, we just kicked their asses 3 times last year with a roster without a single NBA player versus his roster of about 6 first rounders.
I'm not crying I've been saying it for years. This is nowhere near our situation. This would be equivalent to a football team signing 25 5star players a year. It's absurd

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n151174 said:
I'm not crying I've been saying it for years. This is nowhere near our situation. This would be equivalent to a football team signing 25 5star players a year. It's absurd

Then offer some proof of wrongdoing while at UK. Otherwise, it's crying about them being better. I say just continue to kick their ass and everything will be fine.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Last I checked we've beaten them 3 times in a row. I expect that to continue.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n151176 said:
Then offer some proof of wrongdoing while at UK. Otherwise, it's crying about them being better. I say just continue to kick their ass and everything will be fine.
Ok he's had two other final fours vacated but now he's pulling in 5 McDonald all Americans in a year and he's doing it legitimately.? :rolleyes:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n151183 said:
Ok he's had two other final fours vacated but now he's pulling in 5 McDonald all Americans in a year and he's doing it legitimately.? :rolleyes:

t, offer some proof or let it go.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n151184 said:
t, offer some proof or let it go.

Google his track record. How in the world would I have physical evidence without him being caught at Kentucky yet?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n151191 said:
Google his track record. How in the world would I have physical evidence without him being caught at Kentucky yet?

We all know his track record, but that doesn't mean he's done anything wrong at UK...other than grossly underachieve with all that talent. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.