Is it snowing on your computer?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n111505 said:
Maybe the person has epilepsy and the snow was triggering episodes. I have no other explanation.

That's about the only understandable explanation imo.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n111509 said:
That's about the only understandable explanation imo.

It's not like the snow was flashing strobe style...after a few minutes you barely even notice it. I think someone was just being a little puss.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n111550 said:
It's not like the snow was flashing strobe style...after a few minutes you barely even notice it. I think someone was just being a little puss.

You're probably right. Looks like I'm the one turning into a pansy now. :suicide:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The snowflakes will return....especially now that there's a Freeze warning. :suspect:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n111927 said:
The snowflakes will return....especially now that there's a Freeze warning. :suspect:

Bring them back now. I just really want to piss off the douche that complained about them.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n111956 said:
Bring them back now. I just really want to piss off the douche that complained about them.

Not only that, if it is T-REX, he'll be gone for a while. :dance:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n111964 said:
Originally posted by Swamp Queen View Post

Not only that, if it is T-REX, he'll be gone for a while. :dance:
Win Win Win!

Do it Ox!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Queenie, I think it's cute you liked the flakes so much.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n111972 said:
Queenie, I think it's cute you liked the flakes so much.

I honestly didn't really care, I just like it more that someone actually went out of their way to bitch about it and you caved and took them away.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n111984 said:
I honestly didn't really care, I just like it more that someone actually went out of their way to bitch about it and you caved and took them away.

Maybe you should threaten to leave and not come back until the snowflakes are back. See which poster ox cares about more. :dunno:

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:

It was I who PM'd Ox and requested he remove the snow flakes. I didn't bitch nor did I threaten to leave - I did say that I wouldn't be able to participate while they are there. They do affect me physically much like a video game does and I shared that with him and that it was to the point that I wasn't able to visit the site. I appreciated him removing them on my behalf so that I could continue participating on the site. I shared that I may not be alone.

I've mentioned to him that he can put/leave them up, but that I'd appreciate an email to me when they aren't there so that I am able to return. I don't expect everyone to understand.

I had no idea my simple request from a physical standpoint would create such strong emotions over snow flakes.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
It was the closest thing to snow many have seen or experienced. You are brave for coming forward.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n111984 said:
I put the snowflakes up for the amusement of the board. I think they're cool. Then when I take them down, after less than a day, I get criticized. I try to make this place the best possible experience for everyone, and bring things to the table that you don't see on other boards. And whatever I do, I get jumped on by somebody. I put countless hours into this place. I just don't understand it. There's fair criticism and then there's nonsense like this.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n112309 said:

I put the snowflakes up for the amusement of the board. I think they're cool. Then when I take them down, after less than a day, I get criticized. I try to make this place the best possible experience for everyone, and bring things to the table that you don't see on other boards. And whatever I do, I get jumped on by somebody. I put countless hours into this place. I just don't understand it. There's fair criticism and then there's nonsense like this.

The life of a Board Admin must be tough. :therethere:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n112309 said:

KZFSwGD.gif

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n112309 said:

You're doing a great job with the place. The moment I saw the snowflakes on my screen, I thought to myself, "isn't that nice, it feels like the holidays are here." Now, I understand if a poster complains you want to make them happy. You want all the posters happy. It keeps the traffic flowing. I'm glad to see the snowflakes back. I don't know why, it just puts a smile on my face. I'm sure others feel the same way. It didn't really bother me that they disappeared, it just made me curious why. Now that I know why, my attitude is pretty much "meh, whatever, I can live with or without them."

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n112264 said:
It was I who PM'd Ox and requested he remove the snow flakes. I didn't bitch nor did I threaten to leave - I did say that I wouldn't be able to participate while they are there. They do affect me physically much like a video game does and I shared that with him and that it was to the point that I wasn't able to visit the site. I appreciated him removing them on my behalf so that I could continue participating on the site. I shared that I may not be alone.

I've mentioned to him that he can put/leave them up, but that I'd appreciate an email to me when they aren't there so that I am able to return. I don't expect everyone to understand.

I had no idea my simple request from a physical standpoint would create such strong emotions over snow flakes.

I like the snowflakes, but can live without them.
As someone mentioned earlier, kudos for stepping forward.
Maybe Ox can remove them during the week and just display them on the weekends leading up to the holidays, and then on the holidays themselves. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator