Is it snowing on your computer?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n112347 said:
I like the snowflakes, but can live without them.
As someone mentioned earlier, kudos for stepping forward.
Maybe Ox can remove them during the week and just display them on the weekends leading up to the holidays, and then on the holidays themselves. Just a thought.

The cartoon has a decent idea. :faint:

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This has been an oddly fascinating thread. On the one hand, we have one guy who asks for a minor change to be made to the board to accommodate himself - though what he asked to be changed is a nice reminder of the holiday season that is upon us; on the other hand, is a bunch of us (me included) that railed that this change took place and on the third hand we have the proprietor of this place who faced the Kobayashi Maru of chat board situations where regardless of his decision, he couldn't win.

Interesting. Honestly, I feel a little douchy for complaining, though personally I probably would not have asked for a change that would benefit me to the (admittedly very minor) inconvenience of numerous others. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.... If I were in Ox's position, I'd probably tell everyone to go **** off.

A moral conundrum if there ever was one......

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Again, I appreciate what Ox did. As a board admin you really don't know if changes like this are affecting one or many. I've found that TapTalk allows me to get on without seeing the flakes and I let Ox know. It was never my intent to cause a scene. It was to point out something that he may not have been aware of. Thanks and Go Gators!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This is the biggest controversy this site has ever faced and it may spell the end of the board. I was served with four different lawsuits this morning over this issue.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;112424 said:
This is the biggest controversy this site has ever faced and it may spell the end of the board. I was served with four different lawsuits this morning over this issue.
I canceled the class action.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n112424 said:

:lol:

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n112425 said:
I canceled the class action.

I haven't received that notification yet.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the flakes on this board. Too many flakes for me. I like to be able to participate without the worry that some flake will interfere with my thread or post and create a storm that keeps people from seeing my point. Ban the flakes.

Maybe if the flakes (you know who you are) stopped calling people names and ridiculing others for their viewpoints, I'd be ok with it. Until then, whooosh, use the ban shovel... Bye bye, Alvin, Law, and a few other flakes...

Now, onto those little sprites that are falling all over the screen...

They bug the hell out of me, too. Very distracting little buggers... I contemplated not visiting here until they were gone, but I found a way to get rid of them. I turned up the heat inside Chrome to 92, now they melt before I see them....

In all seriousness, I have them disabled on my screen now. If you want to know how, let me know.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
WillGetIn;112475 said:
In all seriousness, I have them disabled on my screen now. If you want to know how, let me know.
Sure! PM me!

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n112309 said:

I put the snowflakes up for the amusement of the board. I think they're cool. Then when I take them down, after less than a day, I get criticized. I try to make this place the best possible experience for everyone, and bring things to the table that you don't see on other boards. And whatever I do, I get jumped on by somebody. I put countless hours into this place. I just don't understand it. There's fair criticism and then there's nonsense like this.

Lighten up Francis! As much as you give people a hard time I figured you could take some ribbing yourself. I'l refrain from joking around with you in the future.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I like those flakes. When you get older like me you wonder WTF is that because you know they were not there before and then wonder if they REALLY are there. Keep up the nonsense Ox. I like change. But then again I am a _________________cough cough

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n115319 said:
Why are the snowflakes gone again?

They're like our children after a divorce. We only get them on weekends and holidays now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n110811 said:
Sometimes I would prefer that option too. Just between you and me.

Did you get kicked out of the Navy for being a pothead?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n115951 said:
Did you get kicked out of the Navy for being a pothead?

Not sure where this came from, but no. I retired from the Navy after 20 years of loyal and faithful service. Not once did I touch the stuff during my 20 years of service. I smoked a lot during my college days before entering the Navy though. You have an image issue you really need to get over. People who enjoy or advocate cannabis are not all tin foil hat wearing nuts. Nor are they all stupid, paranoid couch potatoes. Your insistence on belittling cannabis advocates like myself is getting boring because we know your bias is not founded on facts, but outdated stereotypes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.