Is the OL improving?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, Sharpe probably thinks he is. It worked for J Hump but he was fast and put up great numbers at the combine. Who knows? I've seen dumber things.

If he stays he has just as much chance that Mac will bench him IMO. I don't think Mac likes Sharpe's attitude much.

I have to wonder how much he will impress at the combine with as heavy and as slow as he appears to be...

And if a senior who has been starting since he was a freshman gets benched in favor of a younger guy, you gotta wonder if he would have made an NFL team anyway... May as well stay and get his degree... Not that I expect that kinda reasoning or thought to come from any of these guys...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not one penalty on UF in the second half. NOT ONE. Can you imagine the way the players' ears got burned at halftime? Whatever the message, it stuck.

"Incremental" is a fair way to describe what we're seeing, but hey, it's something that's noticeable enough to comment on.

Incremental is a fair way to describe it...but I'd also like to see "new OL coach" sometime around early January or just after signing day. Summers has had plenty of time to "coach up" these guys and he's failed miserably. Add on that he can't recruit worth a sh*t...then he needs to go. But he signed a 2-year contract so I imagine he'll still be here....along w/ that slug Nord. smh

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Best we can say is they got the job done when the game was on the line (no pun intended) vs. UGa. But it is hard to say if the line is improving or not. Is the lack of offense due to poor line play or inadequate QB play? When other teams don't fear a QB, it is easy to stack the line. Versus UGa, the line did cut down on motion penalties, but 250 yards total O is not exactly a juggernaut. This season is in the home stretch. If the offense is not clicking by now, I have my doubts.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Best we can say is they got the job done when the game was on the line (no pun intended) vs. UGa. But it is hard to say if the line is improving or not. Is the lack of offense due to poor line play or inadequate QB play? When other teams don't fear a QB, it is easy to stack the line. Versus UGa, the line did cut down on motion penalties, but 250 yards total O is not exactly a juggernaut. This season is in the home stretch. If the offense is not clicking by now, I have my doubts.

There were several times Saturday where everyone did their job ... except Del Puto. We need better answers at the QB position next year and I really don't expect LDR to provide them. Mac better prove to be a guy who goes with the dude who's playing the best ball, not the guy he's familiar with. If LDR is the guy whose performance in Spring and Fall preseason merits his selection then so be it, but that prospect doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy. His play was suspect before the injury and it's dropped off quite a bit, which has made the "incremental" improvements in OL play harder to spot ... but they're there.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Improvement....very little but yes, maybe, sort of, IDK. I think we should've pushed UGLY all over the field but we didn't. There is a lot to be said that we held them to 21 yards rushing, but we only had 100. I am a sunshine pumper and it is hard for me sign off on the line has improved.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Sharpe decides to go pro, I fully exect Andrew Mike to have a break out year at LT next year .

Sep 29, 2015
I'm the furthest thing from an O Line guru, so this may sound ridiculous, but is Sharpe capable of playing LG so he and Ivey could swap positions? To me Ivey looks like a natural fit at tackle - nimble enough with really long arms to keep edge rushers at bay and wouldn't really have to make the decisions required of a guard. Once Sharpe leaves I see Ivey as a lock down LT. Sharpe looks wide enough to play guard, but too tall maybe?

Anyway, after seeing these two in person last year at the Ole Piss game, I never thought it would be the left side of the line that gave us problems.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No. we had 48 rushes for 100 yards, that is a 2 1 yard average. Del Rio had - 29 yards in sacks inlcuded in that total. Georgia is terrible. If our OL had any pulse we would have run all over them.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No. we had 48 rushes for 100 yards, that is a 2 1 yard average. Del Rio had - 29 yards in sacks inlcuded in that total. Georgia is terrible. If our OL had any pulse we would have run all over them.
Georgia's run defense is not terrible. The came in rated just ahead of us as one of the nations leaders in yds/game rushing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.