Is there any way I can make that annoying chat box disappear?

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Question marks are only added to grab the attention of @oxrageous .

That damn box takes up so much room on my phone screen its aggravating and I have a hard time scrolling past it.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

That damn box takes up so much room on my phone screen its aggravating and I have a hard time scrolling past it.

Next time try all caps with multiple exclamation marks interspersed between the question marks.

Alex.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

There is a drop down menu for the chatterbox settings.

Change the display modes and refresh page til you find something more to your liking.

Not sure it can be removed completely.

And don't ever talk negatively about the chatterbox again

:scoff:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
azzhole. Yes, go down to the chat box and on the top right, there are two down buttons. click on the leftmost , about half way down the drop down list is "disable chat".

Now, how do I get it the f**k back?

[edit ... there's a grayed out "enable chat" that gets it back]

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
azzhole. Yes, go down to the chat box and on the top right, there are two down buttons. click on the leftmost , about half way down the drop down list is "disable chat".

Now, how do I get it the f**k back?

[edit ... there's a grayed out "enable chat" that gets it back]
This here is a wise man. Here's your answer. However, I have a few things to say:

1) The chat box is at the bottom of the page, and the only things under it are board stats and things that are rarely looked at. What the hell is down there that's so important you're scrolling past the chat box all the time? :crazy:

2) Start another thread title with multiple question marks and face a ban.

3) Start another thread like this in the Main Sports Forum and face a ban. They should always be put in this section where I rarely notice them and almost never respond.

I'm always glad and eager to help.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
1825fd1065d05c1a.jpg

1825fd1067372d6d.jpg

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Thank you @oxrageous . I always feel so warm and welcome when you respond to my pleas for help. Its almost as if you love me best, well, after your cat and Christmas sweater vest, which I am insanely jealous of in a gay sort of way.

When I scroll to the bottom of a page, yes, I read every damn post in here, mostly at 4 am when I get up to pee and can't go back to sleep, I get to the bottom and this gigantic ass chat box, then I can't scroll past the chat box until I scroll to the bottom of the chat box, then I can get to the bottom and select the forum I am currently reading.

So, thank you all who so graciously contributed to my problem. All is right with the world!!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Thank you @oxrageous . I always feel so warm and welcome when you respond to my pleas for help. Its almost as if you love me best, well, after your cat and Christmas sweater vest, which I am insanely jealous of in a gay sort of way.

When I scroll to the bottom of a page, yes, I read every damn post in here, mostly at 4 am when I get up to pee and can't go back to sleep, I get to the bottom and this gigantic ass chat box, then I can't scroll past the chat box until I scroll to the bottom of the chat box, then I can get to the bottom and select the forum I am currently reading.

So, thank you all who so graciously contributed to my problem. All is right with the world!!
Bush, don't you have the floating bar on the left where you can click on any section you want without scrolling all the way to the bottom? That's what it's for.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Bush, don't you have the floating bar on the left where you can click on any section you want without scrolling all the way to the bottom? That's what it's for.

Yes. I use that a lot but it is very faint. I usually wind up hitting the wrong forum or that other forum at the very bottom it tells me am not allowed to enter.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yes. I use that a lot but it is very faint. I usually wind up hitting the wrong forum or that other forum at the very bottom it tells me am not allowed to enter.
If I liked you more, I'd make it less faint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.