Is this coming to the Swamp...BEER?

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
LSU to sell alcohol throughout most public areas of Tiger Stadium this season; see plan

LSU to sell alcohol (Beer & Wine) throughout most public areas of Tiger Stadium this season; see plan

LSU plans to allow alcohol sales at other sports venues, including Alex Box Stadium and the Pete Maravich Assembly Center, senior associate athletic director Robert Munson said, but the focus at this point is on being ready at Tiger Stadium this fall.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
LSU, Ark, UGA, Tenn, TX A&M...Have said yes...KY said NO.

There could be more

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
At LSU many are drunk anyway...NOW it's a revenue stream.

I hope the Swamp follows...could pay for a lot of UPGRADES.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
At LSU many are drunk anyway...NOW it's a revenue stream.

I hope the Swamp follows...could pay for a lot of UPGRADES.

If it wasn't for all your posts in the "LSU/NOLA is in shambles" thread I would assume this was sarcasm and have hit it with a like. But, I think you're serious.

So, have you been paying attention for 25 years? When we had dominant attendance numbers generating revenue beyond our competitors, we did not upgrade. We had huge revenue bumps from 3 national titles and did not upgrade. We had the largest revenue bump from the new TV money and still did not upgrade (at least until we raise another $65 million beyond the $100 plus million already raised in donations that were largely sent to other sports).

But, once we get some beer money, here comes the top ten facility upgrades rolling in. The only plausibility of this idea is that the AD would limit the upgrades to the beer money. The humor and irony of that situation almost seem likely.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I was thinking the same thing; if there was one stadium that did not need more booze and more drunks, it's that one.

They have been drinking since the 80s and night games are an all day drinking affair.

I don't even drink but if fans are going to drink...why not make some money on the deal?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Folks that wanted to get hammered were already doing it anyway. This will just create a little extra revenue from people that didn’t smuggle in liquor.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
If it wasn't for all your posts in the "LSU/NOLA is in shambles" thread I would assume this was sarcasm and have hit it with a like. But, I think you're serious.

So, have you been paying attention for 25 years? When we had dominant attendance numbers generating revenue beyond our competitors, we did not upgrade. We had huge revenue bumps from 3 national titles and did not upgrade. We had the largest revenue bump from the new TV money and still did not upgrade (at least until we raise another $65 million beyond the $100 plus million already raised in donations that were largely sent to other sports).

But, once we get some beer money, here comes the top ten facility upgrades rolling in. The only plausibility of this idea is that the AD would limit the upgrades to the beer money. The humor and irony of that situation almost seem likely.

So many fans keep asking for beer. You can't leave the stadium...the old Orange and Brew is gone.

When I was at UF the Student Section was stoned...pot. LSU ...everyone was DRUNK.

As for upgrades...Pell did the most to change that.

Maybe you need to look at the Ivy League Attitude. Bama, TX A&M, LSU are not trying to be Vandy and Duke.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I never did. I was a responsible adult before that ritual took hold. I was going to games when bringing in a fifth of hard liquor
was the norm.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here’s the combo deal they are going to be selling.
2m61qk31mqr11.jpg

corn_dogs_sunset_580x.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator