Is this Nick Saban’s final season in Tuscaloosa?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
In his post-game on field interview, Saban seemed completely out of character. He was happy, smiling & laughing and he was extremely complementary of his players. He even went so far as to joke around with the young lady interviewing him. I’ve never seen Saban act like this before-it was very unusual. Did anybody else pick up on this?

Couple tonight’s actions with his entitled fans rant earlier in the week, where he was also unusually complementary of his own team and I suspect something is going on behind the scenes. He’s probably not getting fired, but is he retiring from coaching altogether? Is he jumping to the NFL after this season? Is he moving to an SEC East school in the Sunshine State? I really think he may be done there. Discuss.

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
Maybe he goes back to lsu and tries to get his last 1 or 2 NC's he is still chasing. He's already been there head C once, so why not cap off his carrier there just as a big FU to ala.
That would be funny to watch all those ala fans go crazy and throw there second coming under the bus after he's done all he's done for there univ!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I see him retiring before leaving to rebuild another school. That's not happening.

Could he retire suddenly? I could certainly see him doing it, leaving his bosses with no real notice.

No coach in their right mind is going to want to follow Saban to Alabama. No way.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
When He's done, he'll be done. I would say he's close, not sure this is the year. Maybe we know more next Saturday.

My son in law says it will be Dabo after Saban and I just smile. Think OX is right, who da hell would want to go into that meat grinder.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Something has changed when Nick is smiling at any time other than the CFP Championship trophy presentation.

My guess is he just turned 70 and he's feeling the end of an era approaching as only he can. It has to make you more appreciative of the good times while you still have them.

I hope he's smiling twice as big in a week.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My son in law says it will be Dabo after Saban and I just smile. Think OX is right, who da hell would want to go into that meat grinder.
In all seriousness, I can't think of a single reason why Dabo (or anyone else) would want that job. The expectations are sky high and there is nowhere to go but down.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
During that interview, he said that during half time he told his players just to have fun.

That’s when I knew he was high. It’s the only explanation.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Talk to any great athlete or coach and they’ll tell you it’s more difficult to stay on top than to get there. Saban’s been there a long time.

The grind and all the crap that goes with it is wearing him down. It’s coming soon. You know it is. And it’ll cause a huge power shift

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
In his post-game on field interview, Saban seemed completely out of character. He was happy, smiling & laughing and he was extremely complementary of his players. He even went so far as to joke around with the young lady interviewing him. I’ve never seen Saban act like this before-it was very unusual. Did anybody else pick up on this?

Couple tonight’s actions with his entitled fans rant earlier in the week, where he was also unusually complementary of his own team and I suspect something is going on behind the scenes. He’s probably not getting fired, but is he retiring from coaching altogether? Is he jumping to the NFL after this season? Is he moving to an SEC East school in the Sunshine State? I really think he may be done there. Discuss.
I think that's a product of the type of emotional swing that game brought about. The Barn coach looked like he was about to collapse. And if you understand the mindset of CFB coaches you know that the line to take the HBC at Bama would stretch from Turlington Hall all the way past the Lake Alice. I could be why Riley, Aranda, and some others are holding out. It's Dabo's job to turn down I believe.

Last edited:

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Well, his team sure did. They had no business losing that game. The coaching staff is probably lucky the fans didn't storm the field and try to draw and quarter them.
It amazes me that coaches of teams who have nothing to lose play game so close to the chest at the end. They had a chance to ruin Bama's season.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
In all seriousness, I can't think of a single reason why Dabo (or anyone else) would want that job. The expectations are sky high and there is nowhere to go but down.
I wouldn't say sky-high....I mean, only 9/10 Bama fans wanted Saban fired after the A&M loss

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I didn’t even see the post game interview, but the whole thing last week made me think he’s bracing for a loss and starting to let it slip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.