Is Winter Coming?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why are they stopping the transportation?

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
Why are they stopping the transportation?

The congestion is the latest bottleneck in supply chains that have been knocked off balance this year by container shortages, tight capacity and events such as the grounding of the Ever Given container ship in the Suez Canal in March, backups at the Yantian port in Shenzhen, China, and other incidents that led to ongoing delivery delays.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just don’t get it. Make some more fuchsing containers. Jebus, it’s not that hard.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If you like coffee stock up now. Drought in Brazil and some sort of political condition in Viet Nam has coffee futures set to soar like lumber did a few months back.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I just don’t get it. Make some more fuchsing containers. Jebus, it’s not that hard.
It should be that easy but we need to realize is even if the raw materials are there trying to get anyone off their ass to work is a problem. The work ethic in this country and worldwide just took the biggest hit in history. Workers attitudes are in the toilet if they even show up.

Just an example is my local McDonalds. I went inside last week because I needed to piss and was shocked there were no workers behind the counter....they now have self ordering kiosk instead. Took my piss and jumped back into the empty drive thru line and was greeted by what seemed to be an angry BLM member who said and I kid you not "what do you want"...placed my order pulled around and was told to stick my card into scanner....went to next window for food and it was practically launched into my truck without a word, slammed the window before I could even ask for ketchup :lol:.

Another example is our local Wawa stations have had a sign for nearly 2 months trying to hire full time or part time help at $13.00 per hour AND a $500 signing bonus....ask the nice lady who regularly rings up my beer and she said they haven't been able to hire anyone....

Nobody wants to get off their ass and help fix this is the problem which has been brought on by covid and a blind administration that is lost economically.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It should be that easy but we need to realize is even if the raw materials are there trying to get anyone off their ass to work is a problem. The work ethic in this country and worldwide just took the biggest hit in history. Workers attitudes are in the toilet if they even show up.

Just an example is my local McDonalds. I went inside last week because I needed to piss and was shocked there were no workers behind the counter....they now have self ordering kiosk instead. Took my piss and jumped back into the empty drive thru line and was greeted by what seemed to be an angry BLM member who said and I kid you not "what do you want"...placed my order pulled around and was told to stick my card into scanner....went to next window for food and it was practically launched into my truck without a word, slammed the window before I could even ask for ketchup :lol:.

Another example is our local Wawa stations have had a sign for nearly 2 months trying to hire full time or part time help at $13.00 per hour AND a $500 signing bonus....ask the nice lady who regularly rings up my beer and she said they haven't been able to hire anyone....

Nobody wants to get off their ass and help fix this is the problem which has been brought on by covid and a blind administration that is lost economically.

My favorite is when there's also a middle-aged homeless person within 50 yards of those places with a sign about needing help. It's provided a nice opportunity to teach kids about life choices. And it's amazing to see a 10 year old with a dumbfounded look on his face as to how those two things could possibly coexist, while grown adults often can't.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Not necessarily in that order.

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
This would never be happening with Trump in office...sorry I know some will say it's not political......but it is.
Yeah it would have happened. Trump had the right ideas, but this is just a small piece of something that's been going on for decades. It wouldn't get solved quickly with Trump. The current administration is clueless.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yeah it would have happened. Trump had the right ideas, but this is just a small piece of something that's been going on for decades. It wouldn't get solved quickly with Trump. The current administration is clueless.
Gotta disagree with you, Taco....remember when Trump had emergency relief in Puerto Rico BEFORE the storm hit? Remember the wall starting right after he took office? Remember the inverted yield curve in 2018 that screwed up the SM? He addressed it and the market went on a historic yet responsible 18 month record breaking tear...
Remember when the Taliban started crap right after him taking office? He send in the M.O.A.B.....
Remember when covid hit? He shut down international travel between China and here...
How about when we were short Respirators? Ford started sh!tting them out within a week...
Hospital beds? Remember he had the YUGE hospital ship there with a couple of days...
…..I could go on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator