itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Saints season-ticket holder sues for refund over player protests: 'One way or another they'll pay'

A Morgan City man is suing the New Orleans Saints for a refund on his season tickets because some players have disrespected the national anthem before games this season.

Lee Dragna filed a lawsuit Monday in 24th Judicial District Court in Gretna seeking a refund for the tickets as well as attorney’s fees, claiming the protest by some players against police brutality and racial injustice has prevented him and his family from enjoying the games.

Dragna said he hasn’t attended a game since the first home game of the 2017 season against the New England Patriots, on Sept. 17, when he said some of the players did not come out for the singing of the national anthem.

When they did come out, the suit says, “They passed directly in front of where the petitioner and his guests were seated. Many of the fans in that area booed and cursed at the Saints players.”

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/news/courts/article_058789be-df62-11e7-bde4-177192350293.html

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
Wussy! Do you buy tickets to watch football games or worry about what others do during the Anthem? Players are there to play a game for your entertainment. They are not your indentured servant to do exactly as you please. Do the Browns fans get to sue because of a lack of entertainment?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I love it!!

Let's face it, we have become way too willing to sue over everything but given that, this is as legitimate as many of the other suits filed.

Anything that makes the NFL squirm, makes me happy.
Wussy! Do you buy tickets to watch football games or worry about what others do during the Anthem? Players are there to play a game for your entertainment. They are not your indentured servant to do exactly as you please. Do the Browns fans get to sue because of a lack of entertainment?

Only if the Browns players come into the stands and rub your nose in their incompetence.
Refusing to respect the flag and the anthem is extremely offensive to many of us and way outside what we pay to see when we attend a game. I have never seen a disclaimer on the back of the ticket warning fans that the players will offend them.

Standing for the anthem and showing respect for our country is not an incremental or unrealistic request of employees being paid to play a game in a facility that is wholly funded by the taxpayers. Players are violating NFL rules already in the books without punishment.

Ask yourself if these players were doing something that offended a particular group versus the general public and their customers, would everyone have your attitude or would their be social and legal outrage? I think we both know the answer.

I agree that this is a ridiculous lawsuit but one that I am enjoying only because it may cause some anxiety for a league that is way beyond it's boundaries right now and needs to be reeled in.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
I don't have a problem with the protests. They don't interfere with the game itself, which is what people pay to see. Can I now sue movie theaters because they force me to sit through 10-20 minutes of ads that I didn't ask for in order to get to the entertainment that I did pay for? Look, I don't take part in these protests but understand why some do take part and will not allow it to ruin my day or cause me undue concern. People complain about others being soft and then get upset about things like this. The way I see it is that there is a certain group of people that exist that feel the rest of the people in this world are there to simply serve them. Stand there, be quiet and entertain me. I find it just as offensive for someone to be vaping when inside of public buildings and around me and others but I'm not going to file a lawsuit about it.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What a stupid lawsuit...i hope this gets thrown out in 2 seconds.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I’m not a lawyer, but he may have a point. After reading a few other articles, Mr. Dragna’s argument seems to be that the protests have made his section so volatile, it is impossible to enjoy the game. Thus, he wants a refund. That isn’t stupid. The reporting is centering it around the protests, but he seems to be centering his legal argument around the “dangerous” seating section.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
Sounds like he either needs to toughen up or move from that section to another. Again these are people that likely call people snowflakes but are as soft as Charmin themselves.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wtf kind of tjread title is this?

Do we have no mods in this joint?

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
Aren't they protesting Trump? That is what some people believe and I would wager that our President himself is included in this bunch.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd love if there was a way he could win, but it seems like he's just going to waste some money. I find it odd that the Saints wouldn't just refund the money and avoid the PR

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
What a stupid lawsuit...i hope this gets thrown out in 2 seconds.

The owners are running scared of the players because prior players have sued them because the owners let them play a dangerous game and paid them to do so, sometime handsomely and sometimes meagerly particularly in the early days.. So how can the fans get the owners back trying to please the patrons? One way is to file suit too. Filing suit seems to be a great way to get the NFL to take notice of you these days.

Now you might be correct that this suit has little merit, but we shall see. It certainly does not seem to have the ability to scare the owners like ex-player suits.

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Anyone know why they are protesting?

Pretty sure that kap (the pig-cop sock wearing genius) started protesting due to his assumption that all cops are pigs.

He's got an sjw race baiting girlfriend leading him around by the parts.

Pretty sure "most" of the others fell in line ignorant of the fact that kap started it as a protest against all cops.

Now none of them can back out gracefully due to the fact that they would get crucified by the blm crowd.

That's just my take but I quit paying attention a long time ago.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Such snowflakes today, everyone is offended with everything....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.