It's a pretty big 'What if?'

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I guess if Muschamp is retained we can all formally take the offseason off. There certainly won't be anything to talk about. Nothing positive, anyway. I can check in once a week or so to make sure the few remaining members haven't killed each other.

Fortunately he's not going to be retained under any circumstances. I'm confident of that.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing short of winning out. Blowing out 3of the teams. Treon has 300 plus passing yards in Atleast 2. And obviously beating fsu. Is the only way I would consider retaining him. But if we win the next 3 in 2012 fashion and lose to fsu he's gone.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n97550 said:
Well, I guess if Muschamp is retained we can all formally take the offseason off. There certainly won't be anything to talk about. Nothing positive, anyway. I can check in once a week or so to make sure the few remaining members haven't killed each other.

Fortunately he's not going to be retained under any circumstances. I'm confident of that.

I hope so

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n97550 said:

How can you say that? In the incredibly unlikely event we run the table, as I think Sas pointed out, that means we'd have beaten our 3 biggest rivals and 2 on the road. We'd end up 8-3.

Based on the history and that CWM survived last year (including losing to a IAA school and Vandy) and he's still the HC after the Mizzou meltdown - why do you think they'd whack him for 8-3 (realistically 9-3) while sweeping our rivals? And coming off 4-8.

No matter how badly we (a small but very vocal portion of the fan base) may want it, the history doesn't indicate this'll be the case.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If he wins out I don't see how he is not retained. I think it would look really bad for the University to fire him after beating two top 15 teams including the #1 or #2 who is our biggest rival and defending champion on the road.

How different would things be if Westbrook caught that ball against LSU?

Speaking of LSU... I thought the 2012 game against them was a "feel good" game. We freakin' ran the ball down their throat and couldn't be stopped. It was beautiful.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
In order to win out we are going to have to develop SOME kind of a passing game. Is the o-line going to finally figure out how to pass block in the next few games? Are the receivers going to start catching all of the many balls they have been dropping over the last few years? Is the QB now going to be hitting his open receivers consistently?

As much as I would like to believe that the answers to those questions are yes, yes and yes, past history leaves me doubtful. BUT, if that were to somehow magically happen all the way through the SEC Championship and the bowl game then I would say that Muschamp might deserve one more chance. But the changes have to be dramatic and obvious or I think we're just kidding ourselves.....again.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp isn't coming back and he's already been told as such. Just a matter of paperwork at this point. As soon as it happens we can reunite as a fan base again.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n97598 said:
Muschamp isn't coming back and he's already been told as such. Just a matter of paperwork at this point. As soon as it happens we can reunite as a fan base again.

Negro please. People on the boards were even at each other's throats in 2009. It'll always be that way.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n97599 said:
Negro please. People on the boards were even at each other's throats in 2009. It'll always be that way.
Nothing like this, my friend. Absolutely nothing like this. Oh, and:

:racist:

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n97598 said:

I'd like to see Foley's presser after whacking Muschamp right after beating the Clowns, knocking them from the playoff on their own turf.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n97602 said:
Nothing like this, my friend. Absolutely nothing like this. Oh, and:

:racist:

I'll give you that, it wasn't this bad. But people definitely complained, and complained a lot that season.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I have little doubt that Foley has put out feelers talking to agents to see if there is mutual interest of some coaches on his short list. May have even told Muschamp that he's done so in order to be prepared if the season goes south. But I don't think he's going to paint himself into a corner and fire a coach without having a pretty firm idea who his replacement is going to be. Nothing worse than a publicized coaching search where you have people turning down the job and the guy you settle on knows he was the 5th choice. If we continue to look like a new team with our new QB at the helm, Muschamp would have to be retained. Anything else would be pure folly.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n97603 said:
I'd like to see Foley's presser after whacking Muschamp right after beating the Clowns, knocking them from the playoff on their own turf.
He'd have us all jumping and cheering for joy.

I think you people that have it in your heads we're going to be some kind of a powerhouse for the rest of the year may need to turn it down a notch for your own sanity. Just 9 days ago we were down 42-0 on Homecoming. Very little, if anything, has changed. Part of me thinks we're going to be right here this Saturday night cursing the coaching staff for an awful showing against lowly Vandy.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n97614 said:

I think you people that have it in your heads we're going to be some kind of a powerhouse for the rest of the year may need to turn it down a notch for your own sanity. Just 9 days ago we were down 42-0 on Homecoming. Very little, if anything, has changed. Part of me thinks we're going to be right here this Saturday night cursing the coaching staff for an awful showing against lowly Vandy.

We'll be fine against Vandy, they're almost Eastern Michigan bad this year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n97605 said:
I'll give you that, it wasn't this bad. But people definitely complained, and complained a lot that season.
I'm not really talking about complaining. I'm talking about a divide among the fans that think you should fire the coach while the other side thinks you aren't a fan if you're critical, blahblahblah. Then you have a series of "I told you so" threads when one side or the other "wins" an argument.

When Meyer was here he was beloved, especially after that OSU drubbing. We would have run through walls for him. Same for the Spurrier years. There was always debate about some of the decisions the coaches made, but we all loved and supported and defended our coach. It sucks that we can't say that right now. I want us to be reunited in supporting a coach again.

It's simply too late for this one.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n97614 said:

I think you people that have it in your heads we're going to be some kind of a powerhouse for the rest of the year may need to turn it down a notch for your own sanity. Just 9 days again we were down 42-0 on Homecoming. Very little, if anything, has changed. Part of me thinks we're going to be right here this Saturday night cursing the coaching staff for an awful showing against lowly Vandy.

You are missing my point. I am not saying it is going to happen. In fact, I'd bet a hefty sum that we will not run the table.

The question was, how in the world do you envision Foley whacking CWM in the extremely unlikely event we were to run the table? After beating the Clowns? On the road? Knocking them from the playoff??

C'mon, man.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n97626 said:
You are missing my point. I am not saying it is going to happen. In fact, I'd bet a hefty sum that we will not run the table.

The question was, how in the world do you envision Foley whacking CWM in the extremely unlikely event we were to run the table? After beating the Clowns? On the road? Knocking them from the playoff??

C'mon, man.
Because it's already been done. If Foley has a brain he'll make sure to make that fact public BEFORE the FSU game. I think he will.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n97598 said:

If the unlikely scenareo of us winning out the rest on the year were to occur, it would mean we would have beaten 3 likely top 5 teams and finished 10-3 as SEC champions and bowl champions. At that point, unless some kind of contract has already been signed, which I doubt, Muschamp will be our coach next year. I could live with that.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Gatorbreath;n97626 said:

C'mon, man.

Well, probably due to the fact he has performed so poorly getting here. I think its already been decided anyhow so its likely a moot point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.