It's clearly a new era of Gator football

How would you grade the Gators performance?

• A

Votes: 77 42.3%
  • B

Votes: 96 52.7%
  • C

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • D

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Conliffe impressed me. They couldn’t move him at all. He’ll be a force in the interior this year. Action Jackson was all over the field.

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
Sitrep Game 1: Swamp secure.

A veritable plethora of positive emotions in the stands stem to stern.

Mission complete.

Well done men.

India Golf Tango Bravo Alpha Foxtrot Golf! :chomp:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen actually coaches Franks in between series. Mac just stared off into space and nuss
just stayed in the booth.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OL still concerns me, as does Franks but Mullin will spoonfeed him.

I really didnt know he had accuracy we saw tonight at times.
Agreed. Butters was trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, Mullen at least will coach to his talent as opposed to trying to create something that doesn't exist.

He did have some really great passes in tight coverage. I think that is just part of the confidence building and calling the right plays at right times. Give him at least the opportunity.

Now I fully expect for there to be some boneheaded moves by Franks at some point, but i am hopeful they will be minimized, both by Franks himself, as well as the coaching decisions.

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
Pierce is a Brahma Bull. Also was great to see Davis still able to slip some tackles in his limited touches.

I don’t care if Jesus would’ve told me himself that Franks would throw 5 TDs I would call him a liar. Is Mullen a QB whisperer, TBD!!

And didn’t Trask(h) run over someone for a TD?!?! I know that made several chuckles here.

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We did what we were suppose to and that is an improvement over last few years. Let’s do it to Kentucky next.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
georgia-southern-athletics-new-logo.jpg

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Just home from the game. Fans were into it. West side for sure. Still not enough students. But you can tell it is a different team, atmosphere and attitude. I dont think Scarlett was running as hard as he could early on but then it began to happen as he ran other guys in. Yes, it was CSU. Nobody but it looks better. I stand by post #44 in this thread. What do you expect from the first game?

SaltyGator

Make the Gators great again!
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Charleston Southern is terrible and we should have won that way. That being said, that WAS fun. When was the last time we had 38 points at halftime? When was the last time we blocked even just one kick? I really like the offensive tempo, the receivers were open and made plays, and the backs ran well. Kentucky and Tennessee will tell us a little more about our team, but I’m hopeful for a more disciplined team this year that plays with some fire and is actually fun to watch.

Go Gators!
They may be terrible but it’s been years since we’ve beaten teams like this the way we’re supposed to. Too many times over the last 4-5 years we’ve let these teams stay in the game through the 4th quarter. We’re moving in the right direction and this is definitely a fun product to watch! If the was Mac we would’ve went out there and ran the ball all night and tried not to lose instead of trying to win. Go Gators!

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Just home from the game. Fans were into it. West side for sure. Still not enough students. But you can tell it is a different team, atmosphere and attitude. I dont think Scarlett was running as hard as he could early on but then it began to happen as he ran other guys in. Yes, it was CSU. Nobody but it looks better. I stand by post #44 in this thread. What do you expect from the first game?

I’m saving most reactions for tomorrow, but I will say this about the student side. It being Labor Day weekend have a lot of them a reason to go home. Now, I’m not saying that’s legit all the time, but with Freshman basically never knowing a decent Gators offense or Gators being entertaining, I could see why they would rather go home. I do think they will be upset with what they missed.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Agreed. Butters was trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, Mullen at least will coach to his talent as opposed to trying to create something that doesn't exist.

He did have some really great passes in tight coverage. I think that is just part of the confidence building and calling the right plays at right times. Give him at least the opportunity.

Now I fully expect for there to be some boneheaded moves by Franks at some point, but i am hopeful they will be minimized, both by Franks himself, as well as the coaching decisions.
Why was the coverage so tight? Other teams with supposedly less talented receivers get their receivers some separation. Just askin'.
Also, thought the OL got off to a slow start, but a bevy of RBs all ran well.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why was the coverage so tight? Other teams with supposedly less talented receivers get their receivers some separation. Just askin'.
Also, thought the OL got off to a slow start, but a bevy of RBs all ran well.
Because it was in the end zone :dunno:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I’m saving most reactions for tomorrow, but I will say this about the student side. It being Labor Day weekend have a lot of them a reason to go home. Now, I’m not saying that’s legit all the time, but with Freshman basically never knowing a decent Gators offense or Gators being entertaining, I could see why they would rather go home. I do think they will be upset with what they missed.

Why the hell would they want to go home? Specially freshmen??? JFC, you're in college. You've finally gotten AWAY from your parents into the world of freedom, parties and sex. What kind of pussies are these students anyway? Good grief.

o_O

I love my folks, but you could not drag me away from Gainesville when I went to UF. Unless it was Christmas or Easter break or somebody died I never wanted to leave that place.

Last edited:

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
If the first thing is acting and looking like a CFB team, mission accomplished. As the season unfolds, we'll see things we don't like or didn't foresee, but the first episode was just fine. Franks clearly exceeded expectation (mine anyway) and the ST were a joy to behold. Few penalties, no turnovers and a coaching staff that actually earned the right to be addressed as such. Future championships may or may not actually occur under this staff, but it isn't impossible anymore. Refreshing changes all around.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
No one thinks there arent going to be bumps in the road, but who knew Frash even had this in his repertoire?

No me.

If only there was a guy saying let’s see what he looks like with some actual coaching...but seriously, he looked good, can’t wait to rewatch because some of those incompletions looked like drops and/or DB’s getting there early or hands on the receiver not being seen. But it’s live, and perception isn’t always reality

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We wanted an improved product on the field and at least for one night we GOT IT. The team was definitely well coached and better coached and disciplined too. Only 3 penalties and ZERO turnovers. We had a much more balanced offense. I get it was against a crap opponent but we did what we should have done and blown them out and not a Mac/Nuss score of 24-7. Franks much improved with better coaching as you saw with the 5 TD passes and confidence running the offense. Just have to carry the total team performance over to the next game and go from there. Go Gators!!

:chomp::chomp::chomp:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm going to be honest, the first 3 drives concerned me; TD, FG, punt....and Franks was 3 of 8. It wasn't smooth. After that it seems he settled down and the rest of the game was enjoyable. You can tell Mullen calls a much better game than the last two incompetents. He's handicapped by the OL and QB play, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator