It's clearly a new era of Gator football

How would you grade the Gators performance?

• A

Votes: 77 42.3%
  • B

Votes: 96 52.7%
  • C

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • D

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Franks played like he should have, he had two TDs dropped on great throws. Don’t know what’s up with the O-Line blocking for Scarlett or lack there of. Should have played Emory instead of Trask

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Seems like a thread post Game 1 of Butters regime after Chump.

Lol, I remember after Mac’s first game thinking that he was going to be awesome. God I was wrong. I do think Mullen will fair a bit better than he did, or maybe I’m wrong again and I’m just pumping after the 1st blowout we’ve had in years. Sure is great to kick someone’s ass again.

Last edited:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
One thing that caught my eye early was how beefy and physically imposing our guys looked.
The new S&C program has definitely made a difference.
Great attitude change from last year.
This was a fun start.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Hell, last year pulling Franks in a game probably saved us points, tonight might’ve cost us from scoring 70 honestly. WTF
Hopefully some version of the guy we saw tonight sticks around the whole season.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One thing that caught my eye early was how beefy and physically imposing our guys looked.
The new S&C program has definitely made a difference.
Great attitude change from last year.
This was a fun start.
Wait till October and the meat of SEC play.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I still don't see a 10 win season, but I didn't think we'd win this one so convincingly. We'll have a better idea of what we can do after next week. Got to give Mullen and Staff credit for the prep this week.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If we don't go up to Knoxville and not just win, but win by double digits, I'll be shocked and disappointed.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Franks played like he should have, he had two TDs dropped on great throws. Don’t know what’s up with the O-Line blocking for Scarlett or lack there of. Should have played Emory instead of Trask

You mean the guy who fumbled his first pass? I didn't even know that was possible.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Franks clearly still has decision making problems. Those throws where he's late to pull the trigger were TDs tonight. Against better competition those late throws will be picks. He was a million times better than i thought he could be. He made some throws and reads that i seriously doubted he could make. It gives me hope for this year now. Grimes and Jefferson are legit. We're talented enough to challenge everyone on our schedule. I would be slightly more worried about the Gators if i were a Dawg fan right now.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
CSU was obviously at a severe talent disadvantage, but it was very refreshing to see our guys do the little things right tonight. We were always going to win going away, but there were a lot of promising things from a lot of guys in that game. Hopefully they build on it!

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I really liked how our defense played. Joseph was around the ball a lot. Polite made some plays. I wonder how much Reese and Jefferson will help when they return.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Why the hell would they want to go home? Specially freshmen??? JFC, you're in college. You've finally gotten AWAY from your parents into the world of freedom, parties and sex. What kind of pussies are these students anyway? Good grief.

o_O

I love my folks, but you could not drag me away from Gainesville when I went to UF. Unless it was Christmas or Easter break or somebody died I never wanted to leave that place.
Look I know this is hard to swallow but the fact is, interest in football among young people is not what it once was. It's because of various reasons that I'm not in the mood to talk about because it pisses me off and disheartens me so much, but it's true. Not as many kids are playing it, and it follows that not as many kids are following it.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Franks did two things I hadn't seen him do.
1). He sidestepped a rusher bearing down on him without taking his eyes off potential receivers; and
2) He made a progression from his primary receiver and completed a pass.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Look I know this is hard to swallow but the fact is, interest in football among young people is not what it once was. It's because of various reasons that I'm not in the mood to talk about because it pisses me off and disheartens me so much, but it's true. Not as many kids are playing it, and it follows that not as many kids are following it.

This. We had seats on the student side. Great seats.....row 9 30 yard line. After we went up 17-0 an entire block of frat boys got up to go eat...one said he didn’t like stadium food... the rest responded that noooo...we’re going back to Social across the street. An entire block just up and left.

Crazy.

I wouldn’t leave until the final whistle.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
There were some empty seats but it was a good crowd and at times it was louder than I recall in awhile. The place literally went bat**** crazy when we blocked the fg attempt. Same on the blocked xp run back.

Moreover I saw slot of folks having real fun.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Franks isn't a great QB, but he's tall and has a cannon of an arm. So Mullen had the brilliant idea to use Franks' height to attack the middle of the field, and use his cannon arm to stretch the defense downfield.

It helped that our WR group lived up to their hype. I think they may be the best unit on the team right now.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
My god. My god.

This is what I DIDN'T see tonight.

Confusion on every damn play. Time outs because the right personnel weren't in. Double digit delay of game penalties because no one knew the play communicated or who the personnel were needed for the play. WR play with routes that looked like players knew where to go instead of wandering around the field like a bunch of nomads in search of a lost city. Up tempo play calling instead of every play waiting until one or two seconds on the clock before the snap allowing the opposing defense to time their launch into our back field. Side line to side passes on every series without mixing it up.

Yeah, I know it was Charleston Southern but the Gators actually weren't stumbling over one another and playing down to their competition.

I don't know if Dan Mullen can bring the juice but he sent a message to Gator Nation tonight with Franks pulling a Tebow TD jump pass. It was his way of saying a new sheriff is in town. The Muschamp/Butters era is over.

Mullen now has the keys to our house. I don't know if he will have us consistently competing for SEC championships but I don't think he will trash the place like the previous patrons either. Now let's see how he does against SEC competition.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
I liked what I saw, For the first time in forever, the Gators looked like a well coached, disciplined team. Play calling was creative. Franks played 100% better than last season. I am cautiously optimistic.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
My god. My god.

This is what I DIDN'T see tonight.

Confusion on every damn play. Time outs because the right personnel weren't in. Double digit delay of game penalties because no one knew the play communicated or who the personnel were needed for the play. WR play with routes that looked like players knew where to go instead of wandering around the field like a bunch of nomads in search of a lost city. Up tempo play calling instead of every play waiting until one or two seconds on the clock before the snap allowing the opposing defense to time their launch into our back field. Side line to side passes on every series without mixing it up.

Yeah, I know it was Charleston Southern but the Gators actually weren't stumbling over one another and playing down to their competition.

I don't know if Dan Mullen can bring the juice but he sent a message to Gator Nation tonight with Franks pulling a Tebow TD jump pass. It was his way of saying a new sheriff is in town. The Muschamp/Butters era is over.

Mullen now has the keys to our house. I don't know if he will have us consistently competing for SEC championships but I don't think he will trash the place like the previous patrons either. Now let's see how he does against SEC competition.

Well stated, sir.

There’s a little belly rubbing throughout this thread. Charleston Southern may well be the worst team we have played in a decade. Absolutely no other conclusions can be drawn from this game other than Mr. Drake’s. We still have an unproven quarterback with no backups ready to play and an unknown quality offensive line. We shall see once the SEC defenses start bringing the heat.

And that doesn’t even touch on the fact we have no idea what we’ve got on defense once the SEC schedule starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator