It's clearly a new era of Gator football

How would you grade the Gators performance?

• A

Votes: 77 42.3%
  • B

Votes: 96 52.7%
  • C

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • D

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flgator2

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
5 TD's in the first half 10 all season last year, 2 blocked kicks, 3 Penalties . First game pretty happy, but Franks still a concern. I hope he continues this next week

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
we should have won that way
That was my thought exactly. We should beat these kind of teams like that. We could have scored a 100. It was a great first step and I believe it will carry over to Kentucky. Some nice throws by Franks and that RB Pierce, he's an animal. Scarlett seemed to be the weak link.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looking forward to catching a replay. It’ll be nice to see the team function for once - even if it was against JV competition.

Replay is on demand with the Watchespn app. Select Football, Replay, Game you wish to watch regardless of date, Play.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Replay is on demand with the Watchespn app. Select Football, Replay, Game you wish to watch regardless of date, Play.
Can’t remember my login info... Cable One won’t be back until Tuesday so looking for alternatives.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think the entire thread all have hit exactly what we saw last night. A game we should have won convincing and in a fashion that was fun to watch. This team and staff did exactly what it needed to do. Play hard, make minimal mistakes, play disciplined, and most of all have fun. The coaching staff did just that, Coach! The main thing, it was a great confidence builder. They'll make mistake for sure, but we all have reason for the optimism. I have no doubt that Mullen knows exactly what is ahead. So continue to build on it and move forward. This team has the ability to play with anyone on the schedule.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. I couldn't have been more impressed. I know it's a jv team we played but we were pretty much flawless. Franks looked like a ball player tonight. This crow smells pretty good.
I have to eat mine as well in regards to Franks.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Look I know this is hard to swallow but the fact is, interest in football among young people is not what it once was. It's because of various reasons that I'm not in the mood to talk about because it pisses me off and disheartens me so much, but it's true. Not as many kids are playing it, and it follows that not as many kids are following it.
Hell of course it isn't, kids have been force fed soccer and feminine approach to life for forty years.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I did not get a chance to see the game, but according to you guys, perhaps we are supposed to go ahead and order our final 4 tix already. I will temper that, but hope you guys are correct and that the process looked like it should. Granted we played a girls team but we have lost to girls teams recently. But as we know the schedule is manageable as we now get an average KY team, then a bad CSU team and then a horrible UT team. I did see the 1sr quarter of the UT game and just as I thought this year, UT is horrendous. Perhaps Cousin Eddie will prove me wrong over a 3-4 year period.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Franks had zero pressure.

OL did well in pass protect vs tiny U.

OL didn't get much push when running the ball.

WRs much improved.

Reasonably crisp game for the first one.

I stopped watching after a couple of series with Trask. He didn't look good.

I did notice a pretty big drop off when they put the seconds in.

We did well with a cupcake.

We don't have quality depth.

I still think Franks will implode against real pressure and disguised coverages.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was an entertaining game and the played disciplined. I just don't think we have the tools in the shed to get er done.

3-5 years.

Just beat leghumper.gif

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
My only real concern after this game is OL depth. Starters seemed to get a bit more cohesive in the second quarter. But the second unit is pretty bad right now. Fortunately there's not much of a chance that they'll play together as a unit (if a 1 goes down it's next MAN up, not next UNIT up) unless we're comfortably leading like last night.

Scarlett didn't show much, but I expect he'll get a chip on his shoulder and improve. 6 carries for 24 yards against this kind of competition ain't cutting it, particularly when the rest of the stable showed some vision. Pierce looked fierce, including special teams play (nailed the returner on that one play!).

If Mullen can keep feeding Franks plays that match his capabilities this could be a really fun season.

PUMPERS UNITE!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Franks played like he should have, he had two TDs dropped on great throws. Don’t know what’s up with the O-Line blocking for Scarlett or lack there of. Should have played Emory instead of Trask

I saw Ivey with some really lackluster effort last night.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
It was fun again. UK will give us a better picture of where we are. Need to keep the Oline healthy.......

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The game of football hasn't changed all that much since we won our last championship. You come prepared, you make plays, you limit mistakes, you win more than you lose.

We did a lot of things right last night against a decidedly inferior opponent. That's the good news. The not so easy job is to add up the plusses and minuses, consider all the variables and determine an actual net.

I'm not ready to proclaim us fixed, not yet, but it would be ignorant not to note all the things that seemed different, better and outright positive after a 47-point blowout that featured highlights all over the field.

It's only one brick, but it's a big one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator