It's clearly a new era of Gator football

How would you grade the Gators performance?

• A

Votes: 77 42.3%
  • B

Votes: 96 52.7%
  • C

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • D

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
Why the hell would they want to go home? Specially freshmen??? JFC, you're in college. You've finally gotten AWAY from your parents into the world of freedom, parties and sex. What kind of pussies are these students anyway? Good grief.

o_O

I love my folks, but you could not drag me away from Gainesville when I went to UF. Unless it was Christmas or Easter break or somebody died I never wanted to leave that place.
Truer words have never been spoken

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
It's clearly a new era and I loved the homage to the last great era of Gator football with the Tebow play, and with Tate Casey on the sidelines no less! I'm not rearranging my vacation yet for the CFP but it was fun to see. It's what we should have seen which doesn't mean a lot going forward. Trask lowering his head for the score probably made me cheer louder than anything.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Anyone else concerned about EJ? I hope the first snap he had doesn't shatter his confidence. Glad we have JJ DT QB on our 2019 commitment chart to be honest.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Now I fully expect for there to be some boneheaded moves by Franks at some point, but i am hopeful they will be minimized, both by Franks himself,
We will find this out next week, Ch.Southern did not blitz even one time last night.....Kentucky has the best LBer in the country and Stoops will have him in our backfield all night. If Mullen doesn't find a way to keep Franks moving away from that dude it could be very bad.....If he does find a way our WR's will DESTROY their DB's....

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
My only real concern after this game is OL depth. Starters seemed to get a bit more cohesive in the second quarter. But the second unit is pretty bad right now. Fortunately there's not much of a chance that they'll play together as a unit (if a 1 goes down it's next MAN up, not next UNIT up) unless we're comfortably leading like last night.

Scarlett didn't show much, but I expect he'll get a chip on his shoulder and improve. 6 carries for 24 yards against this kind of competition ain't cutting it, particularly when the rest of the stable showed some vision. Pierce looked fierce, including special teams play (nailed the returner on that one play!).

If Mullen can keep feeding Franks plays that match his capabilities this could be a really fun season.

PUMPERS UNITE!

There was a mullinz quote post game that pierce went in early because of the special teams hit.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone else concerned about EJ? I hope the first snap he had doesn't shatter his confidence. Glad we have JJ DT QB on our 2019 commitment chart to be honest.

No. He got the yips. Expected for a true freshman.

Trasks eyes were huge during his 1st series. It’s been so long since we’ve thumped who should be thumped. It’s nice to see backups get PT.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We will find this out next week, Ch.Southern did not blitz even one time last night.....Kentucky has the best LBer in the country and Stoops will have him in our backfield all night. If Mullen doesn't find a way to keep Franks moving away from that dude it could be very bad.....If he does find a way our WR's will DESTROY their DB's....

Their DEs were both 225lbs. I expect a much closer game next week.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Franks looked relaxed, while the other two looked pretty nervous. I think Trask would have settled down and played fine had he gotten another series or two, but EJ was clearly terrified. :lol: No big deal, good to see him get playing time already.

Let's face it, our entire damn season comes down to Franks. He did some things last night I had never seen before, like go through his progressions and actually throw a couple of balls with touch instead of trying to blow the receiver away with a rocketball. However, he had more time back there than he's going to have against our SEC opponents. All we can do is pray like hell he holds it together under a pass rush.

As for our WR group, they are spectacular. Love all of them.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let's face it, our entire damn season comes down to Franks. All we can do is pray like hell he holds it together under a pass rush.

He had a pretty easy time of it last night. That won't be the case against quality teams. Franks' kryptonite is the pass rush and all our opponents know it.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Franks looked relaxed, while the other two looked pretty nervous. I think Trask would have settled down and played fine had he gotten another series or two, but EJ was clearly terrified. :lol: No big deal, good to see him get playing time already.

Let's face it, our entire damn season comes down to Franks. He did some things last night I had never seen before, like go through his progressions and actually throw a couple of balls with touch instead of trying to blow the receiver away with a rocketball. However, he had more time back there than he's going to have against our SEC opponents. All we can do is pray like hell he holds it together under a pass rush.

As for our WR group, they are spectacular. Love all of them.
Wouldn’t it be nice to get back to the point where we beat the Kentucky’s and Vandy’s of the world like we beat CSU last night? Our back ups would get real experience instead of JV experience. Hopefully DM can unlock that again.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He had a pretty easy time of it last night. That won't be the case against quality teams. Franks' kryptonite is the pass rush and all our opponents know it.
If I'm Kentucky, I'm blitzing his ass all night long. The good thing is we have such a great group of WR's that this could really burn some teams badly.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I was totally shocked about everything Franks did (accursey, progressions, decision making) and as long as he keeps his head on straight he should have a great year.
The starting D-line was dominating and the LB's cleaned up plays nicely.
A few disappointing things I saw were, the 2nd team D-line was awful, but will hopfully improve with the return of Campbell and Ancrum.
I was at the game and it was hard to tell, but did Cyonti Lewis still have the frying pan in his hand, on his one and only target?
We again gave up a drive after singing We won't back down and need to clean that up or quit singing it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If I'm Kentucky, I'm blitzing his ass all night long. The good thing is we have such a great group of WR's that this could really burn some teams badly.
The gorgeous TD toss to the corner of the end zone with a couple rushers on him shocked me. I honestly didn't think he had that kind of poise in him. The Mullen effect is already there.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
this was exactly what i wanted to see, and it met all my expectations. yeah ej did not impress, but hopefully he got the yips out of the way in a blowout . plus we had 9 guys not playing ( taylor, copeland, reese) should have more depth next week. i like have the cupcake in week 1

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014

The difference this year is I actually expect Mullen to know this and take advantage. A coach that can actually plan for these things and make adjustments when needed, it's been too long.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Agreed. BUT the good thing is it appears that Mullen will call plays to counter that. Short drops, screens, slants. Quick hitters. You know, things McNordelnusselwain didn't appear to have in their playbook.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, "adjustments", a word that hasn't been in the Gator vocabulary since the Meyer days. The Chimp and Butters didn't believe in it.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I saw Ivey with some really lackluster effort last night.
Again.....not to be a downer but if I see him standing over our RB who just lost 2 yards or got no gain because he didn't drive a 230# DE/LB into the Gatorade buckets on the sideline whenever we run wide to his side, I think I'm going to puke.....less technique and more power please......

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Again.....not to be a downer but if I see him standing over our RB who just lost 2 yards or got no gain because he didn't drive a 230# DE/LB into the Gatorade buckets on the sideline whenever we run wide to his side, I think I'm going to puke.....less technique and more power please......
Well, at least the coaches have some actual tape they can use to berate these guys with now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator