It's not how you start...

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
It's how you finish...Re: Tampa Bay times article on our Florida Gators, ( the same one who started the downfall of Charley Pell ).
Our Gators have an opportunity to disprove the pundits once again and kick the s*it out of the competition, so we will look forward to this 64th season of watching our Florida Team excel.... Go Gators... :jog:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Preseason rankings are mostly based on how you finished last year and whether or not you have a good returning QB. Seems like much of the discussion of last year ignores the implosion of the HC. We could/should have been a 9-10 win team with a monster coming back at QB.

Every indication is those intangibles are being meticulously addressed. If so, we will dramatically exceed expectations. Depth and injuries could derail that, but that’s true for most teams.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
THe product on the field will tell us something soon. Utah aint a patsy from the start. Maybe all this attention to detail and tackling practice and constant self assessment will translate to greatness. When I read about the socks John Wooden came to mind. He taught them about how to tie and wear their shoes. But he didnt win right away.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
THe product on the field will tell us something soon. Utah aint a patsy from the start. Maybe all this attention to detail and tackling practice and constant self assessment will translate to greatness. When I read about the socks John Wooden came to mind. He taught them about how to tie and wear their shoes. But he didnt win right away.

1660061043970.gif

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
somehow I knew you would be first..........
Stalker Snoop GIF by RTVCPlay

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's how you finish...Re: Tampa Bay times article on our Florida Gators, ( the same one who started the downfall of Charley Pell ).
Our Gators have an opportunity to disprove the pundits once again and kick the s*it out of the competition, so we will look forward to this 64th season of watching our Florida Team excel.... Go Gators... :jog:
So where the hell is the article? You start a thread about an article with no link to the article?

:ox3:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Fellas, I am just like the Soup Nazi. He suffered for the perfection of his soup, which is why he couldn't tolerate anything less from his customers.

I demand perfection from my members. I'm very hard on you, but most of you have risen to be message board superstars as a result. A thread like this, which references an article which was never linked, is the kind of thing that gets you in trouble.

no-soup-for-you-seinfield.gif

I demand a higher level of posting.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Fellas, I am just like the Soup Nazi. He suffered for the perfection of his soup, which is why he couldn't tolerate anything less from his customers.

I demand perfection from my members. I'm very hard on you, but most of you have risen to be message board superstars as a result. A thread like this, which references an article which was never linked, is the kind of thing that gets you in trouble.

Lose Willy Wonka GIF

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Sorry OX, The mackeral wrapper sports page has the Headline "Gators hide your eyes when you see the preseason rankings" or something to that effect. BWTHDIK...I'm just looking forward to our redemption!

AP top 25 poll: Our voter’s preseason rankings (look away, Gators fans)
He certainly validated my comment re: the weight a good returning QB has on preseason rankings.

He didn’t dig very deep on Utah. He said they return 5 of their top 6 receivers - but so do we and with very similar numbers plus we added a guy better than the one we lost. He didn’t note their defensive losses but he did rightly give props to Whittingham.

But it’s fair to wait and see if our guys are truly changing, or how long it will take to change. Last August they were all saying the right things and no one knew what a turnover machine Emory would be.

I can’t wait to see AR. He has worked so hard all off-season to maximize his insane talent.

Last edited:

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
He certainly validated my comment re: the weight a good returning QB has on preseason rankings.

He didn’t dry very deep on Utah. He said they return 5 of their top 6 receivers - but so do we and with very similar numbers plus we added a guy better than the one we lost. He didn’t note their defensive losses but he did rightly give props to Whittingham.

But it’s fair to wait and see if our guys are truly changing, or how long it will take to change. Last August they were all saying the right things and no one knew what a turnover machine Emory would be.

I can’t wait to see AR. He has worked so hard all off-season to maximize his insane talent.
What he said

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Can confirm I'm not in this group... my posting abilities rise only as high as the turds in the sewer, and for the same reason :proud:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator