Gator Baseball It's Opening Night Guys and Gals!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Tell that to
Clemson
Alabama
Georgia
TAM
LSU
OSU
South Carolina
Oklahoma
Tennesee
etc etc etc
who figured out how to do it.
Meanwhile for the last 10 years all we've got is empty promises.

Our last significant baseball upgrade was McKethan in 1988 except new locker rooms for the team and I believe all of the schools you listed have newer and better baseball facilities than UF. IT'S COLLEGE !! and you are not going to change it.
Maybe try an emotional support pet, I hear a lot of snowflakes find them very calming when confronted by reality. By the way, what is that huge building I walk by every time I go to a baseball game. I heard it was an indoor practice facility.
Work on the new football facility is scheduled begin in less than 6 months. RELAX AND ENJOY!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Our last significant baseball upgrade was McKethan in 1988 except new locker rooms for the team and I believe all of the schools you listed have newer and better baseball facilities than UF. IT'S COLLEGE !! and you are not going to change it.
Maybe try an emotional support pet, I hear a lot of snowflakes find them very calming when confronted by reality. By the way, what is that huge building I walk by every time I go to a baseball game. I heard it was an indoor practice facility.
Work on the new football facility is scheduled begin in less than 6 months. RELAX AND ENJOY!

source.gif

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Jordan Butler is starting tonight. As usual, he is struggling to throw strikes. I'm just hoping he only gives up 2-3 runs by the time Sully pulls him.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
As expected, Jordan Butler spotted JU 3 runs. Since then, the bullpen hasn't allowed a run. UF continues to hit well.

UF - 3
JU - 3

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Fabian should have been a frosh this year but came in early last year to begin his college career. I went to about 35 games last year and Fabian had the best instincts of any center fielder we have had as soon as the ball left the bat. He may not have been the fastest etc., but he has an uncanny ability to know exactly where the ball will be. He has a chance to be the best defensive center fielder at UF and there have been some very good ones. He also showed he could hit a little, but I expect with experience he will be much more consistent offensively.

As for the mid week games, they are going to be a lot of mixing and matching especially pitching wise just to see what we have. I am not a big fan of Butler as a starter, but now that we have other lefties perhaps Sully wants to see him as a starter as opposed to a specialty reliever. I don't think he has developed as much as I had hoped since his frosh year but season is young.

Anyone know the status of Crisp? have not heard of him pitching yet. Another guy who they rushed in last spring semester as this season should have been his first year.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
As for the mid week games, they are going to be a lot of mixing and matching especially pitching wise just to see what we have. I am not a big fan of Butler as a starter, but now that we have other lefties perhaps Sully wants to see him as a starter as opposed to a specialty reliever. I don't think he has developed as much as I had hoped since his frosh year but season is young.

Anyone know the status of Crisp? have not heard of him pitching yet. Another guy who they rushed in last spring semester as this season should have been his first year.

Sully himself said he would be pitching everyone the first 2 weeks to see what he has. Some guys have been impressive while others have not. Butler is a head case. Whatever happened to him last season has destroyed his confidence. What impresses me most is the bullpen. We are up to about 25-27 innings of bullpen work with only 5 runs allowed.

Crisp is listed on the roster. I don't think he has played at all this season.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
BTW, I don;t think that Sproat has pitched in either game against Jax which tells me that Sully might be holding him for a lengthier stint this weekend at scrotUM. Either Fri. or Sat if needed early in relief of Mace or Leftwich, or perhaps a Sunday start if not used in Game 1 or 2.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
BTW, I don;t think that Sproat has pitched in either game against Jax which tells me that Sully might be holding him for a lengthier stint this weekend at scrotUM. Either Fri. or Sat if needed early in relief of Mace or Leftwich, or perhaps a Sunday start if not used in Game 1 or 2.

Nope, Sproat hasn’t pitched yet this series. If the extra innings stretches on, he might have to.

Nevermind, they won seconds after I typed that.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well... did we break the opening day kickoff crowd of 4,400? I’m dying to know.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Well... did we break the opening day kickoff crowd of 4,400? I’m dying to know.

No. Announced attendance I believe was just over 2,000. That is just about average a midweek against game against Jacksonville which never draws a lot of fans. I heard the attendance but I am not sure I remembered it right. Jacksonville had very good starting and relief pitchers tonight.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No. Announced attendance I believe was just over 2,000. That is just about average a midweek against game against Jacksonville which never draws a lot of fans. I heard the attendance but I am not sure I remembered it right. Jacksonville had very good starting and relief pitchers tonight.
Yeah. I’d be surprised if we ever break the 4,500 mark. Good thing we built the Taj Mahal of baseball facilities.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Yeah. I’d be surprised if we ever break the 4,500 mark. Good thing we built the Taj Mahal of baseball facilities.

Is there a new "march to a million" milestone for how many posts are complaining about money being spent on the baseball stadium? I have already read hundreds of similar posts so I don't really get what the motivation is at this point... and I don't even disagree with the opinion actually. I just think it's time for all of us to move on.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

Attendance exceeds 4,500 several times every season. How many games have you attended? Are you speaking from personal experience, recorded attendance data or just out of frustration that UF spends money to support and promote sports other than football?

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

Agreed. It will be streamed on an ACC feed but according to my channel guide it is not listed on the ACC broadcast lineup. ESPN usually picks up at least one or two of the UF/UM games but it looks like it has been entirely relegated to cyberspace

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Not sure a game of any sport between the #1 & #2 ranked teams has ever not been broadcast on some channel. (ESPN/ACC+ App doesn't apply.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.