Gator Baseball It's Opening Night Guys and Gals!

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
This team looks like a baseball team, players look the part. Alot of fire in these youngsters early in the season (maybe cause its Miami). I like what I’ve watched so far, not losing midweek games and beating a top 5 opponent opening weekend.

As Ive said before, its a marathon not a sprint. The key is peaking in SEC play, but this team could be special.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He has played better defensively than I expected. Dude has earned the praise he is getting.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It’s always fun to watch scUM lose. More fans here than at their football games.
Anyway, here are the highlights.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Barco's day probably done after 5 innings. Only surrendered 1 run but his pitch count near 90 and his control has not been great. Just got out of a bases loaded jam that he created by walking 1 and hitting 2, but to his credit he got out of it. Not a great ball strike ratio, but for his second start as a frosh, his first in a hostile environment and against a good team, he did just fine. :clap::clap:

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Barco's day probably done after 5 innings. Only surrendered 1 run but his pitch count near 90 and his control has not been great. Just got out of a bases loaded jam that he created by walking 1 and hitting 2, but to his credit he got out of it. Not a great ball strike ratio, but for his second start as a frosh, his first in a hostile environment and against a good team, he did just fine. :clap::clap:

Looks like Sully found his Sunday starter. I like that Sully left him in. Kid got out if the jam. Huge confidence booster.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
OOPS my bad. Barco out for the 6th. Sully seems to have changed his tune a bit regarding frosh and pitch count early in the year. You go boy! One batter only. Sent him out to face the lefty. Either way surprised he sent him back out there but he got that one out. 5 1/3 innings. Pretty nice job. good experience

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The freshman phenom does it again. Providing some cushion for Alintoff.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Sully going with the freshman Cabarcas to close it out. I thought for sure it’d be Alintoff.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Sully going with the freshman Cabarcas to close it out. I thought for sure it’d be Alintoff.

Alintoff is a mid week reliever guy. He throws strikes but not much mustard on his stuff. He is not a regular weekend reliever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb