It's time to officially fire up the head coaching search. Who you got?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What will determine his success is how ruthless he is. Meyer would can Grantham, Knox, and English (in fact, he would not have hired them in the first place). That’s what we need him to do.
I'm sure he'll get right on that.

He's already called Grantham the best DC in college football. He's more likely to get a raise and an extension than shown the door.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This is about far more than this game. The future isn't looking so good at the moment. Not at all.
It’s looking no better or worse than it was over the summer. Our expectations rose after we beat an overrated Auburn team and now we’re being brought back to reality.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Welcome to our side OX. You know how I felt about Cousin Eddie before he was hired so that is no secret. But in all honesty why is today the deciding factor? This is who he is, who he has been and who he will always be. I know what his record is here and it is good I concede, but the level of play and behind the numbers show me what I have always thought. This is Cousin Eddie. He is going nowhere as you know, but we are in the spot where the middling record is decent enough for the admin but will never be good enough to compete at the very top.
I bet you said the same stuff about Meyer. Its easy to say every coach sucks because they won’t win a championship when only 2 have done so for us. (That’s SEC or NC). If you turn out wrong, you’ll just shrug and say - “happy to be wrong!” It’s a cowardly position to take.

SGAGator

Jun 6, 2016
UF admin doesn’t care, you can see it in facilities, last 2 coaches and still paying Foley. They want to be the Harvard of the south. We will never be what we were because it isn’t a focus. When people quit coming to games and filling the coffers to support the non revenue sports that are a focus then maybe it will change. I quit worrying about it when they hired mcelwain end our facilities are FBS quality

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It’s looking no better or worse than it was over the summer. Our expectations rose after we beat an overrated Auburn team and now we’re being brought back to reality.
I'm talking about recruiting, which is STILL in the toilet.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I'm sure he'll get right on that.

He's already called Grantham the best DC in college football. He's more likely to get a raise and an extension than shown the door.
What’s he supposed to say? He’s been wearing him out in pressers lately - especially after LSU. I bet he does it again.

I hope he will but I doubt it and I think that’ll create a ceiling. We’ll see.

Atlgator98

Nov 2, 2019
First time caller, long time listener. Ox- I joined your fu#%in site because of this thread. It pisses me off when emotional mental midgets like you toss out “let’s fire the coach” after a tough loss. You’re delusional if you don’t think Mullen (spell his name correctly you fu#%s) isn’t the right man for this job. Grantham, he sucked today. We can do better. But we got beat because of a talent deficiency and lack of depth. If recruiting doesn’t improve, Mullen won’t last. But he’s done a damn good job to date and it pisses me when a-hole fans like you publicly blast the guy who’s single-handedly pulled us out of the lost decade. Get some damn perspective. And ban me if u want. I expect this to be my one and only post.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm talking about recruiting, which is STILL in the toilet.
I don’t disagree, but it’s the same as it’s been. Nothing’s changed other than today’s loss...which we should’ve expected.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome to our side OX. You know how I felt about Cousin Eddie before he was hired so that is no secret. But in all honesty why is today the deciding factor? This is who he is, who he has been and who he will always be. I know what his record is here and it is good I concede, but the level of play and behind the numbers show me what I have always thought. This is Cousin Eddie. He is going nowhere as you know, but we are in the spot where the middling record is decent enough for the admin but will never be good enough to compete at the very top.
Plenty of people didn't accept his record and thought "he'd win with Florida talent" and presumably would be able to land "Florida talent".

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
We wouldn't be any worse off with Kelly right now. We'd be headed for the same useless season with a meaningless bowl game. And recruiting would probably be similar.
Insanity and you know it. I promise to click around the site more often to help with ad stuff if you’ll stop being outlandish.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
First time caller, long time listener. Ox- I joined your fu#%in site because of this thread. It pisses me off when emotional mental midgets like you toss out “let’s fire the coach” after a tough loss. You’re delusional if you don’t think Mullen (spell his name correctly you fu#%s) isn’t the right man for this job. Grantham, he sucked today. We can do better. But we got beat because of a talent deficiency and lack of depth. If recruiting doesn’t improve, Mullen won’t last. But he’s done a damn good job to date and it pisses me when a-hole fans like you publicly blast the guy who’s single-handedly pulled us out of the lost decade. Get some damn perspective. And ban me if u want. I expect this to be my one and only post.
Best

First

Ever

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome to the board! :dance:

By the way, I agree with you. He's done a nice job pulling us out of the gutter. Now it's time for him to step aside so we can win. He's a transitional coach.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
You sound quite emotional. You’re rubbing off on us

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

Spicy!

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

Solid first post. Why did you wait this long?
It’s not like Ox hasn’t said stuff like this before

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb