It's time to officially fire up the head coaching search. Who you got?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Facility excuses or not, if Mullen can't pull in a Top 10 class with our two in state rivals being in complete disarray, he never will, and you then seriously start looking at possible options in two years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
First time caller, long time listener. Ox- I joined your fu#%in site because of this thread. It pisses me off when emotional mental midgets like you toss out “let’s fire the coach” after a tough loss. You’re delusional if you don’t think Mullen (spell his name correctly you fu#%s) isn’t the right man for this job. Grantham, he sucked today. We can do better. But we got beat because of a talent deficiency and lack of depth. If recruiting doesn’t improve, Mullen won’t last. But he’s done a damn good job to date and it pisses me when a-hole fans like you publicly blast the guy who’s single-handedly pulled us out of the lost decade. Get some damn perspective. And ban me if u want. I expect this to be my one and only post.
Since you've been watching, surely you realize this is sarcasm, right?

We don't really want Chip Kelly or Gruden.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Two weeks to lay this turd.

4th and inches and you pass. Not even trying to go under center or maybe put a rb in the backfield so it may fool them into thinking run.

running the damn qb to just waste downs.

put ej in again to kill momentum

guys don’t know how to line up

is sc and uk’s lines that much better than ours? Dont think so.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think we keep Dan until we have a sure fire winner to replace him with. A Spurrier or Meyer type hire of a proven winner. Until then, we’ve got done much needed stability after 2 bad hires in a row.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Facility excuses or not, if Mullen can't pull in a Top 10 class with our two in state rivals being in complete disarray, he never will, and you then seriously start looking at possible options in two years.

This. Thank you. Miami and fsu are worse than they have ever been in decades and our recruiting got ZERO bump out of it. I'm not sure why it took a Georgia loss where we were the underdog anyway to start realizing that we still are not headed to elite status but I guess better late than never.

Atlgator98

Nov 2, 2019
Welcome to the board! :dance:

By the way, I agree with you. He's done a nice job pulling us out of the gutter. Now it's time for him to step aside so we can win. He's a transitional coach.
Who you gonna get?? The “fire the coach mentality” is sooo friggin stupid. Mullen checks all the boxes except recruiting. Give it a chance. I wanted Frost. I wanted Kelly. But I was a damn idiot because they fuuuuugin suck. Mullen is the right guy. Fix recruiting and we’re back. Fire him and we’re looking at 2 lost decades minimum.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I agree that we need improvements the coaching staff, recruiting, and elsewhere, but, with regard to the question posed in the thread title, you're out of your effing mind. Who's out there, and available, that will exceed Mullen's performance over less than 2 years, GUARANTEED? Nobody. Nothing's guaranteed. How about, HAS A HIGH PROBABILITY of exceeding Mullen's performance over that period? I can't think of anybody.

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
This. Thank you. Miami and fsu are worse than they have ever been in decades and our recruiting got ZERO bump out of it. I'm not sure why it took a Georgia loss where we were the underdog anyway to start realizing that we still are not headed to elite status but I guess better late than never.
Recruiting is a disaster. That starts with Dan but is primarily on our assistants. He has to make changes. No more stubborn loyalty. Find someone.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Fellas, before someone else quits the board, this thread was obviously started so we could talk about the state of the program. Even I'm not dumb enough to think Mullen's job is in jeopardy. As a matter of fact, I'd be shocked if he didn't get an extension. Strickin thinks the world of him, and the idea of Stricklin having to actually do some work with another coaching search does not sit well. Also, the AD and the upper staff are just fine winning 8 to 10 games a year. They don't think like the Bama brass. They don't give a **** about titles, they really don't. The bills are getting paid, that's what matters.

So, since we're stuck with Mullen, what changes are we going to see? People are hoping for some staff changes, but I just don't see it. Nothing major, anyway. What about recruiting? Can we get some of the bag men to come up with some bigger payouts and purses? If that's what it's going to take, that's what we'll have to do.

However, outside of landing a Heisman QB, our Gators simply do not have the look of team that is going to win titles anytime soon, and every bad recruiting class only knocks that back years.

I'm just venting. I'll keep watching and rooting, but the expectations need to be permanently lowered. Thanks Foley.

Hurrig8r

Nov 18, 2017
First time caller, long time listener. Ox- I joined your fu#%in site because of this thread. It pisses me off when emotional mental midgets like you toss out “let’s fire the coach” after a tough loss. You’re delusional if you don’t think Mullen (spell his name correctly you fu#%s) isn’t the right man for this job. Grantham, he sucked today. We can do better. But we got beat because of a talent deficiency and lack of depth. If recruiting doesn’t improve, Mullen won’t last. But he’s done a damn good job to date and it pisses me when a-hole fans like you publicly blast the guy who’s single-handedly pulled us out of the lost decade. Get some damn perspective. And ban me if u want. I expect this to be my one and only post.

AMEN.....if you don't agree...piss off...

I'm upset too...Frankly it was better when we sucked. We never expected to be in big games we could lose. What's better...Sucking and loosing, or being in a position to play in a big game, but loose in said game that matters maters again.....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Who you gonna get?? The “fire the coach mentality” is sooo friggin stupid. Mullen checks all the boxes except recruiting. Give it a chance. I wanted Frost. I wanted Kelly. But I was a damn idiot because they fuuuuugin suck. Mullen is the right guy. Fix recruiting and we’re back. Fire him and we’re looking at 2 lost decades minimum.
Tell me you'll get an avatar and stick around and post. I like your fire.

Hurrig8r

Nov 18, 2017

AMEN.....if you don't agree...piss off...

I'm upset too...Frankly it was better when we sucked. We never expected to be in big games we could lose. What's better...Sucking and loosing, or being in a position to play in a big game, but loose in said game that matters maters again.....
BTW OUT

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Urban Meyer. He would absolutely take the job back, there is no doubt in my mind.
Absolutely, but would not be guaranteed to exceed Mullen's performance over the last not-quite 2 years.. Serious question: how many years do you think he'd be functional this next time?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I bet you said the same stuff about Meyer. Its easy to say every coach sucks because they won’t win a championship when only 2 have done so for us. (That’s SEC or NC). If you turn out wrong, you’ll just shrug and say - “happy to be wrong!” It’s a cowardly position to take.

Actually I did not say that about Meyer but I did not say he was a sure thing either. I had no idea he would win 2. Also I was agnostic to the Scrat hiring, I thought maybe he would be okay. He was not. But since you have not been here for as long as many of us you really don;t know where we stand or where we stood. I politely ask you not make assumptions and allow us who watch things quite objectively to opine. It also took me 3/4 into Butters first season to say he was a moron. I think my assessments are usually quite correct and usually earlier than most. IMO Cousin Eddie had a much longer resume for me to have formed my own views of him prior to his arrival here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.