Jachai Polite

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Great article about Polite. Hope he is really as good as Tatum thinks.

https://www.seccountry.com/recruiti...olite-is-way-better-than-auburns-byron-cowart

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — Almost two years ago, Marcus Tatum took on a big challenge at a Central Florida summer camp session.

The rising junior lined up against five-star defensive end Byron Cowart, who was a year older than him and ranked as a consensus top-10 overall recruit in 2015.

But Tatum claims that the matchup with Cowart paled in comparison to his battles in practice with Jachai Polite, his teammate at Daytona Beach Mainland and an incoming freshman for Florida.

“I never faced anybody better than him,” Tatum said of Polite. “Jachai is way better than Byron Cowart, by a lot. I went against Byron when I was a sophomore at the UCF camp and I was kicking his butt on a sprained MCL. I played right tackle and he was this big-name guy.

“When I go against Jachai, it’s a different story. He’s got better moves than Byron, better pad level, better speed, everything. In that same camp, things just clicked for (Jachai) and he was dominating. That’s really when he started becoming a beast.”

Tatum, a Tennessee signee and the state of Florida’s No. 1 offensive tackle, isn’t alone in his opinion of Polite. Southern Cal coaches told him he ‘can be the next Leonard Williams,’ the No. 6 overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft. Cowart, meanwhile, has failed to meet expectations thus far at Auburn and was arrested on marijuana charges last week.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Tatum decided to go play for the buUTchuggers for some reason. So I'm not sure I can trust his thought process.

That is true, but it also means he is less likely to pump up a Gator without reason... or at least that is what I am hoping.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Tatum decided to go play for the buUTchuggers for some reason. So I'm not sure I can trust his thought process.

Yeah, that was a head scratcher. Wish we had landed him.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That is true, but it also means he is less likely to pump up a Gator without reason... or at least that is what I am hoping.

...but they were high school team mates, right? ...so he's got that reason to pump him up.

[/TRex]

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Well I hope it's an indication of great things to come. We shall see.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kids a beast. Way underrated. Now let's just get some space eaters.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If we can get him to 250lbs, we can move him to NT with Luke Ancrum. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

I also wish someone on our staff managed to do THEIR GODD!#% JOB AND DIDN'T LET THE #1 OT IN FLORIDA GO TO TINFVKKINGSEE!!!!!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we can get him to 250lbs, we can move him to NT with Luke Ancrum. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

I also wish someone on our staff managed to do THEIR GODD!#% JOB AND DIDN'T LET THE #1 OT IN FLORIDA GO TO TINFVKKINGSEE!!!!!
I don't understand how summers ,Shannon and nord still have jobs after last years recruiting debacle

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand how summers ,Shannon and nord still have jobs after last years recruiting debacle

I think Shannon did and Summers did phenomenal coaching jobs last year. Their recruiting skills suck ballz.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Shannon did and Summers did phenomenal coaching jobs last year. Their recruiting skills suck ballz.
I agree that they were pretty jam up but that's only half of their job.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Tatum was like 260, not your type

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
260 lbs? Ok, I feel better about losing him to Tinerc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator