Jacksonville City Council defeats Jaguars’ Lot J deal; one step closer to London move

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, congrats, all of you Jag fans, Jacksonvillians, Jaxons, Jagoffs - or whatever you call yourselves. You managed to secure the top pick in the draft.

If I'm that Mooslem owner, and I can secure the Clemmy shemale QB, I'd think this is the perfect time to pull an Irsay Colts maneuver, load up the cargo planes in the middle of the night and head across the pond to a brand new city/country/stadium and start raking in the pounds.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well, congrats, all of you Jag fans, Jacksonvillians, Jaxons, Jagoffs - or whatever you call yourselves. You managed to secure the top pick in the draft.

If I'm that Mooslem owner, and I can secure the Clemmy shemale QB, I'd think this is the perfect time to pull an Irsay Colts maneuver, load up the cargo planes in the middle of the night and head across the pond to a brand new city/country/stadium and start raking in the pounds.
QamSW7S.gif

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

What stadium? He tried to buy Wembley but was completely rejected by the Football Association Council. He needs close to a unanimous agreement by the council. As of right now, he is at 70% against him buying Wembley. He isn't well liked in Europe.

And while the attendance for the games in London is usually sold out, the tv ratings are an absolute joke even though the NFL has spent massive amounts of money to get on prime channels. Still, no one watches. And the papers there have consistently said that the reason for the crowds is the novelty. Every paper has written that if a team is there for 8 games, that attendance is cut in half if not more. Brits simply don't care enough about American football. And we haven't even gotten to the players' association yet. They hate the idea.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What stadium? He tried to buy Wembley but was completely rejected by the Football Association Council. He needs close to a unanimous agreement by the council. As of right now, he is at 70% against him buying Wembley. He isn't well liked in Europe.

And while the attendance for the games in London is usually sold out, the tv ratings are an absolute joke even though the NFL has spent massive amounts of money to get on prime channels. Still, no one watches. And the papers there have consistently said that the reason for the crowds is the novelty. Every paper has written that if a team is there for 8 games, that attendance is cut in half if not more. Brits simply don't care enough about American football. And we haven't even gotten to the players' association yet. They hate the idea.
Lot of wishful thinking here. The Jags will be in London within 5 years.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Lot of wishful thinking here. The Jags will be in London within 5 years.

Everything I wrote has been reported in the UK papers. It is fact. As recently as July of this year, with huge revenue issues, the FA council was asked about selling Wembley to Khan. They said hell no. Any other owner and maybe so. As long as Khan owns the jags, I'm not worried. They hate him.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Everything I wrote has been reported in the UK papers. It is fact. As recently as July of this year, with huge revenue issues, the FA council was asked about selling Wembley to Khan. They said hell no. Any other owner and maybe so. As long as Khan owns the jags, I'm not worried. They hate him.
Who doesn’t?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Why do they hate him?

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Follow the money. The guy will have his own world-class city, his own country - heck, his own continent when he relocates the team to London.

The exact stadium where the London Jags will play long-term is a secondary concern. They can work something out at Wembley, or one of the other soccer pitches short-term. Hell, given Jaguar used to be a legendary British car marque before the Indians bought it, he won't even have to change the team's nickname. "Jaguars" will tug at the heartstrings of every nostalgic, drunken British sports hooligan. Maybe just change the logo some and feature a bit more British racing green. The name "London Jaguars" makes a lot more sense than Jacksonville Jaguars - though Jax does get a point for alliteration.

This'll happen and sooner than Ox's prediction of 5 years.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Follow the money. The guy will have his own world-class city, his own country - heck, his own continent when he relocates the team to London.

The exact stadium where the London Jags will play long-term is a secondary concern. They can work something out at Wembley, or one of the other soccer pitches short-term. Hell, given Jaguar used to be a legendary British car marque before the Indians bought it, he won't even have to change the team's nickname. "Jaguars" will tug at the heartstrings of every nostalgic, drunken British sports hooligan. Maybe just change the logo some and feature a bit more British racing green. The name "London Jaguars" makes a lot more sense than Jacksonville Jaguars - though Jax does get a point for alliteration.

This'll happen and sooner than Ox's prediction of 5 years.

What, no London Triumphs? They could go after a major endorsement deal with Lucas Electronics. Every time the Jags head coach would try talking to his quarterback in the huddle, he’d get mistakenly connected to a Thai restaurant in Cleveland.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What, no London Triumphs? They could go after a major endorsement deal with Lucas Electronics. Every time the Jags head coach would try talking to his quarterback in the huddle, he’d get mistakenly connected to a Thai restaurant in Cleveland.
I have a Triumph. Daytona 955i.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator