Jacob ‘Butters’ Copeland Moving On

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I wish him luck. Im not going to bad mouth him because Im pretty sure it was frustrating to be a wide receiver in muLLLLLLen's offense. Our receivers were open A LOT this season. A LOT.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Honestly part of me thinks he should put on 10-15 pounds and move to TE. Same with Shorter.

NFL doesn't want blocking receivers.

Had I been UF's coach and had I been able to get the buy in, I would have played Shorter in the Pitts position and Davis in place of Toney. Then UF could have gotten Pierce, Davis, Shorter, Copeland and Henderson all on the field at the same time.

Now perhaps the players did not want to buy in. And certainly Gamble needed snaps too. But that type of offense would have really threatened defense, but alas the QB issue would have been the QB issue and the guy who stayed with the same QB also was not willing to change the depth chart as much as I am suggesting I bet.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
who is giving these average players, at best, advice to leave early?

:banghead:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
NFL doesn't want blocking receivers.

As I said elsewhere, the NFL certainly want blocking WRs. They expect blocking WRs. But blocking won't get you drafted. Catching the ball and running after the catch are what gets you drafted and help you make the team in the NFL, but you must block too.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Went against his mom's wishes and became a gator. One of my favorite signing day moments. Wouldn't be surprised if he catches on in the league somewhere.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I thought he came back for his senior year this season. EJ rarely looked his way but seemed to have a connection with AR.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
Maybe if he had gotten any decent coaching at all while he was here, maybe he would have been a solid college WR. He HAD talent. Coaches failed him.
Definitely; he would have been much better off going to Bama

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Definitely one who should stay in school one more year because while there's talent, he's yet to consistently produce in any year--despite having a few seasons with an NFL-caliber QB in Trask and another season where he was the undisputed go-to WR (albeit with a poor passing QB).

Sometimes people get bad advice from agents and friends pushing them to the NFL; sometimes it's the person itself. I tend to think this one is Copeland thinking more highly of himself than is warranted; but won't hate on the guy for trying. I think it's a mistake, but best of luck to him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
there isn't going to be any wide receiver production anytime soon.

Cajun leading receiver has 332 yards.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I was promised he will change his entire offensive philosophy, hire an OC, and never call another play as long as he lives if he comes to UF. Are you positing the idea that those who have assured us all differently are wrong?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was promised he will change his entire offensive philosophy, hire an OC, and never call another play as long as he lives if he comes to UF. Are you positing the idea that those who have assured us all differently are wrong?
I too have talked to my own ass and not gotten enough assurances that he in fact knows he's a terrible OC and will hire someone better.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wish him luck. Im not going to bad mouth him because Im pretty sure it was frustrating to be a wide receiver in muLLLLLLen's offense. Our receivers were open A LOT this season. A LOT.
And prior years too.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

You left out that they are 11-1. You are currently so deranged that you think it would be better if they were 6-5 but had a 1,000 yard WR. You have a mental disorder and need help.

Copeland is a fool. AR will be the QB next season, and it's a golden opportunity for Copeland to actually put some good catches on film and give teams a reason to draft him. Hell, he lit it up in the first two games this season when AR went ballistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator