Jaden Rashada joins powerhouse Arizona State; named starting QB as true freshman

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
At least he'll be to practice on time. His NIL deal all but guarantees that, plus bigger thighs.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I still do not know what happened with Rashada. It seems really unlikely the situation was all his fault, if any. It appeared our collective offered him millions. Dear gosh I'm glad he didn't get paid that and reasonably certain he was not the right QB for us anyway. Good luck to him.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We'll see if "Mountain West" Utah can beat SEC Gators next week.

Didn't think there would be so many Big 12 fans around here.

You know we beat Utah last year, right?

OK, let's see here, the "big" 12 just added BYU, UCF, Cincinnati, and Houston out of the sorry-ass American.

They lost premier brands Oklahoma and Texas to the SEC.

And they're getting Utah, Arizona, and Arizona State.

Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

And you're mad that I'm comparing them to the Mountain West?

C'mon man.

Alex.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Didn't think there would be so many Big 12 fans around here.

You know we beat Utah last year, right?

OK, let's see here, the "big" 12 just added BYU, UCF, Cincinnati, and Houston out of the sorry-ass American.

They lost premier brands Oklahoma and Texas to the SEC.

And they're getting Utah, Arizona, and Arizona State.

Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

And you're mad that I'm comparing them to the Mountain West?

C'mon man.

Alex.
You're reading more into my comment than the Fulton County DA did into Trump's phone call. Utah is a better team than Mountain West variety and certainly capable of winning next week. But so are the Gators. I never have picked against the Gators and don't plan on starting now. Last year has little or no bearing on Thursday's contest. Two different nearly equal teams (per spread) will settle it on the field. Go Gators.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Heard this is the guy he beat out. Was a tight competition to the end

IMG_6686.gif

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You're reading more into my comment than the Fulton County DA did into Trump's phone call. Utah is a better team than Mountain West variety and certainly capable of winning next week. But so are the Gators. I never have picked against the Gators and don't plan on starting now. Last year has little or no bearing on Thursday's contest. Two different nearly equal teams (per spread) will settle it on the field. Go Gators.

This is a thread about a QB commit who snubbed us at the last minute for a nonsense reason and who instead went to Arizona State--a bad team in a bad conference that's going to an even worse conference.

I point that out to mock the recruit who snubbed us on a Gator board, making fun of the crappy conference he'll be playing in...and you respond by launching into a defense of Utah when nobody was talking about Utah??? When there's a perfectly good Utah game thread pinned to the top???

Yeah...my bad. What was I thinking. :rolleyes3:

Alex.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I think we win this game but please remind me of the score last year at home with 90k fans screaming their heads off?
The one where the new coach, new system, and new QB coming off a losing season (and on their way to another) took on the (eventual successfully) defending Pac-12 champions under the 2nd-longest tenured coach in the country (since 2005) with returning veterans all over the field? The mere fact that we went toe to toe with them was impressive. That we won on their wildly stupid decision and a rare Burney INT is fantastic.

Question for us to ponder:

2022 Gators vs. 2023 Gators. What we saw and now anticipate from each position group and the team as a whole. Team cohesion and culture, Jan 1 through today. Coaching staff. All of it. Who wins and why?

I think we’re way better than last year, especially in the unity & focus all off-season. That plus the improved talent almost across the board bodes well for this game and season. Utah is very tough, but I like our chances.

Last edited:

sharkbite

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2017
The fact the mental midget is gone and it appears we have a new QB that can think, will make all the difference. He may not be as talented, but at least we may have consistency. I am expecting the defense to be night and day different as well. No question, 2023 team would crush 2022 team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.