Jaden Rashada joins powerhouse Arizona State; named starting QB as true freshman

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I think Rashada is still in play. Whatever snag that led him not to enroll early just made him miss that deadline. I think when it became apparent that it wasn't going to happen now, both parties now have time, all the way up to the fall, to work things out. The incentives are still very much for both sides to work something out (cant believe I am saying this with a college athlete, sounds like a pro signing). Rashada would get far less now walking away, a "prima donna" label and a working from behind position on whichever team he may switch to. UF would a huge black-eye on the public perception front as well as questions about NIL which they are already working from behind. One can say that those points have already happened, and to an extent that is true, but if they do break up, then they would be much worse, than if he ultimately enrolls, starts throwing TDs and wins games, this would all be a small blip.

I still hate the whole thing and personally wouldnt mind if we cut bait, but I am trying to look at it from a purely non-emotional business sense that is now college football.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Rashada is still in play. Whatever snag that led him not to enroll early just made him miss that deadline. I think when it became apparent that it wasn't going to happen now, both parties now have time, all the way up to the fall, to work things out. The incentives are still very much for both sides to work something out (cant believe I am saying this with a college athlete, sounds like a pro signing). Rashada would get far less now walking away, a "prima donna" label and a working from behind position on whichever team he may switch to. UF would a huge black-eye on the public perception front as well as questions about NIL which they are already working from behind. One can say that those points have already happened, and to an extent that is true, but if they do break up, then they would be much worse, than if he ultimately enrolls, starts throwing TDs and wins games, this would all be a small blip.

I still hate the whole thing and personally wouldnt mind if we cut bait, but I am trying to look at it from a purely non-emotional business sense that is now college football.
Time to cut bait with diva Twiggy and stay the hell out of Commiefornia.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Move the fuq on already. Either he wants above what was negotiated or we don't have it. Either way it's like picking a scab...will never heal.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
We'll, apparently, since JR hasn't publicly said he won't play here then he's still interested. Both sides are, it would seem. I don't think UF or whoever is running this deal has a choice but to, in good faith, see it to the end. The publicity is already ugly, true or not, so it can't be them that cuts bait.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

If they pay this dude $13 mil, I am done with college football. I'm not happy with $1 mil.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
If they pay this dude $13 mil, I am done with college football. I'm not happy with $1 mil.
I’m with ya. So we are probably done with college football then because baring some miracle intervention I don’t see ncaa putting the genie back and the trend line only says crap like this is going to become the norm.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Schitts Creek Reaction GIF by CBC

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That’s a fairy tale number. The only believable number I’ve heard he’s asked for is $1.5M. Tough to wrap your heads around, as well, but it’s a fraction of $13M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.