Jaden Rashada joins powerhouse Arizona State; named starting QB as true freshman

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How about we look for a QB (Transfer or HS) that knows how to win, is smart, good athlete but maybe not great with a good arm that wants to be here... That comes from a solid background with a family that's not broke? They are out there, they can play, learn, read a defense and have the right attitude.
At the risk of inspiring even more jokes, it almost sounds like you’re talking about Mertz, save, perhaps, the winning part (consistently) at the college level. Unless another QB drops out of the sky, looks like there’s a good chance he might be the guy. Question is, do we get the guy that beat Michigan as a freshman or the 50% pass completer?

Comparatively speaking, he’s coming out of Middle School straight into big school High School ball. A daunting task, especially when so many of your new team’s fans are ranging from guffawing to cerebral hemorrhage at the thought of him as the starting QB. So, he’s f’d and we’re f’d, right? Odds probably say “yes” and “yes.”

But let’s not be too hasty. He’s going to get some different coaching than he’s had (insert guffaw here) and I can’t help but believe you’ll see a difference between last year and this. For two reasons: 1) unless Mertz is brain dead or bipolar, I believe he handles the game management piece and with a more talented group of receivers and a beefed up OL he has the chance to grow beyond the manager and become a guy that can handle more than a 1 or 2 route progression; and 2) Billy and staff will be coaching with something to prove and have a better roster to do it with. There. I said it.

Don’t misunderstand. Not saying we win the conference, but I think we see the improvement that’s got to happen and the table being set for Lagway and others yet to come.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
How did we whiff on Walker? We have an open QB competition with two dudes who have proven nothing at all. Billy has a previous relationship with him being that he’s from Lafayette….

why GIF

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Don't release him. Let the NIL entity sue him and his parents for breach of contract. Ruin the whole mess, lawyers and all and put it on national media every day. No mercy, no quarter.

I agree with you, but we don’t have the guts to fight this.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Don't release him. Let the NIL entity sue him and his parents for breach of contract. Ruin the whole mess, lawyers and all and put it on national media every day. No mercy, no quarter.
I’m guessing that’s a bad idea for future recruits. The word will be Rashada did nothing wrong and that our NIL is difficult to work with or cannot be trusted.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I’m guessing that’s a bad idea for future recruits. The word will be Rashada did nothing wrong and that our NIL is difficult to work with or cannot be trusted.
Don't care. Don't want any recruits that aren't coming to Florida because they bleed Orange and Blue. Would rather lose every game than pay for performance. We have enough prostitutes in the law school.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How did we whiff on Walker? We have an open QB competition with two dudes who have proven nothing at all. Billy has a previous relationship with him being that he’s from Lafayette….

why GIF
Ol’ Siss ponied up 13 mil? :dunno:

Seriously, it’s about time to back off the hand wringing. We’re not in a place where we’re getting everybody. Hell, who knows how Walker might have been affected by the Rashada mess? Likely we were limited with what we could negotiate while still bogged down in the drama. No beauty Queen right now, but the 6 with a nice body and a few complexion problem can still love us long time, if you get the drift.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
At the risk of inspiring even more jokes,...

Don’t misunderstand. Not saying we win the conference, but I think we see the improvement that’s got to happen
So you're saying 8-4 ceiling with 0-10-1 floor?

I'm actually looking forward to Graham Cracker at QB. Low pressure. Low expectations.

I honestly thought that AR was good enough that we could surprise everyone and win it all last year. That's how much of a pumper I am at the beginning of every season. :pumper:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
13 million dollars for a high school kids name image and likeness. What a time to be alive.

So glad we decided to start paying college kids to play football. The last molecule of academic integrity has officially left the building. What an utter joke! But hey, who amongst us could possibly see this coming?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
13 million dollars for a high school kids name image and likeness. What a time to be alive.

So glad we decided to start paying college kids to play football. The last molecule of academic integrity has officially left the building. What an utter joke! But hey, who amongst us could possibly see this coming?

Look At Us Paul Rudd GIF

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018

1674068603890.png

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

why GIF
Please make a non-whiny post at least once. I know you can do it.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
How crazy is it that at one point we had Stokes and Rashada and now we have neither.
Monday morning QB here but at the time I did not like getting rid of Stokes. That decision might come back to bite us in the butt.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
At the risk of inspiring even more jokes, it almost sounds like you’re talking about Mertz, save, perhaps, the winning part (consistently) at the college level. Unless another QB drops out of the sky, looks like there’s a good chance he might be the guy. Question is, do we get the guy that beat Michigan as a freshman or the 50% pass completer?

Comparatively speaking, he’s coming out of Middle School straight into big school High School ball. A daunting task, especially when so many of your new team’s fans are ranging from guffawing to cerebral hemorrhage at the thought of him as the starting QB. So, he’s f’d and we’re f’d, right? Odds probably say “yes” and “yes.”

But let’s not be too hasty. He’s going to get some different coaching than he’s had (insert guffaw here) and I can’t help but believe you’ll see a difference between last year and this. For two reasons: 1) unless Mertz is brain dead or bipolar, I believe he handles the game management piece and with a more talented group of receivers and a beefed up OL he has the chance to grow beyond the manager and become a guy that can handle more than a 1 or 2 route progression; and 2) Billy and staff will be coaching with something to prove and have a better roster to do it with. There. I said it.

Don’t misunderstand. Not saying we win the conference, but I think we see the improvement that’s got to happen and the table being set for Lagway and others yet to come.
So, you're saying a win over the Leghumpers is a done deal?

Awesome Sam Didier GIF by Jerology

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

why GIF
No Offense, but perhaps Howard Walker took a look and found the offense offensive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator