Jaden Rashada joins powerhouse Arizona State; named starting QB as true freshman

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
“There's a league-wide limit on the total amount of compensation for rookies with specific salary parameters for each draft slot. Teams have maximum and minimum amounts that can be spent on their picks based on draft position.

All contracts for draft choices are four years. Each pick in the draft has a salary floor and ceiling in the first year and over the four years of the contract. There are very few negotiable items with rookie contracts anymore.”

You would think the big universities would be using this public information as somewhat of a guideline from maybe the second round of the draft?
Its not a contract with the league, that's the problem. Sure Trask can make 800k a season for the next 4 years but 30 million off endorsements if someone wanted to pay it. I have a feeling this Rojas character promised the world and then peaced out, depending on what paperwork was shuffled back and forth and what promises were made, you might find the Collective going into bankruptcy protection at some point.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@pdizz22: tweet of the year

This makes as lot more sense as to why both sides have been ultra quiet about it.
That should be the kids problem, not ours.
Glad we are walking away from that and this is going to be a major part of what is wrong with this crap.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This makes as lot more sense as to why both sides have been ultra quiet about it.
That should be the kids problem, not ours.
Glad we are walking away from that and this is going to be a major part of what is wrong with this crap.
the bigger issue if true, and whats beginning to be lost in all this, is why in the cinnamon toast FCK is a pencil necked gumby looking MFer getting 6/7 mil a year deals for doing absolutely nothing yet in college? :facepalm:

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
the bigger issue if true, and whats beginning to be lost in in all this, is why in the cinnamon toast FCK is a pencil necked gumbi looking MFer getting 6/7 mil a year deals for doing absolutely nothing yet in college? :facepalm:
I mean, the money is what it is, however it's the details in these contracts that none of these fuching kids or their parents are going to thoroughly pay attention to. And it's not like these people have lawyers already backing them, most of the time.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Scummy lawyers, reps, and NIL dealers looking to cash in.

Well, looks like Billy is rolling with Mertz. Yikes. Can we sign Lagway now?

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I only have one question I want answered. If GC, or the administration, or the staff or the waterboy is as disorganized and ineffective as many have claimed in this endless thread how have we managed to pull in a very good recruiting class, managed to get some quality transfers thru the portal, retained key contributors from last season and satisfied their NIL requests? I have always believed if the issues seem to attract the same individual that individual needs to look in the mirror to find the problem. Seems obvious to me the problem is named Rashada.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My read- pitiful. So it does appear from that, if factual, we could have been somewhat negligent in our review or due diligence in understanding what we were agreeing to?
if it was negated on 12/7......were we negligent?

Seems to me he still signed 2 weeks AFTER that.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
if it was negated on 12/7......were we negligent?

Seems to me he still signed 2 weeks AFTER that.
What I took from the article is that our collective did not take the time, have the legal wherewithal, or the council to understand what we might be agreeing to and subsequently liable for. Did you take from it that it was Rashada who in some way is at fault?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator