Jaden Rashada joins powerhouse Arizona State; named starting QB as true freshman

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I have crunched the numbers. I have run the models. We have 2 choices that may work-

1.) Old fashioned slump buster-
We, as a group, as Gator fans, are in a multi year slump. Only a genuine slump buster can cure this.
2.) Blood Sacrifice-
We have obviously been cursed. Its time to end it.
Are we witnessing the redrawing of our midline? If we are patient while descending to a four win season, 7-5 will then start to look pretty good, especially if one of those wins are against a Vandy or Kentucky.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I have crunched the numbers. I have run the models. We have 2 choices that may work-

1.) Old fashioned slump buster-
We, as a group, as Gator fans, are in a multi year slump. Only a genuine slump buster can cure this.
2.) Blood Sacrifice-
We have obviously been cursed. Its time to end it.
Heading to KFC for option 2.

major league baseball GIF by Morgan Creek

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe gator boosters would be kind enough to return the $12.6M hathcock gave them earlier this year and he can put that back into the gator guard.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
well today's the last day of late registration/enrollment, so im sure this will all be cleared up by early afternoon. a giant nothingburger that our awful local media once again completely fabricated because they are the absolute worst in the world. napier was right afterall, this kid is a saint, his family is amazing, hes extremely mature and a class act both as a leader and team mate. trust the process, have faith, it takes 3-4 years to build a program, hes got to get his guys, there's still a lot of cancer in the locker room, we still lag in facilities, the fans are too negative, not enough money in the university system, and he needs a bigger support staff and more on field coaches to be able to handle all aspects of the game sufficiently. can't wait to see rashada's first snap against the 2 time pac 12 champs!

:pumper:
giphy.gif

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
NIL as corporate spokesperson for commercials or merch is sustainable. This nonsense is not. Are the BullGators going to give to UAA and get perks vs this……
Maybe Texas oil money or Miami “baking soda”

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I seriously doubt the deal was $13Mil. That's just silly talk. Maybe $1.3Mil. A lot of you bitching and moaning about Gator Collective need to look in the mirror, though. The Gator Collective is and probably will always be funded by the average fan. If the Collective doesn't have the money then, well, you've either been part of the problem or part of the solution. One thing is for sure the Collective always expected that rabid UF fans yearning for the talent to compete would pony up their share. They (you) haven't. Out of half a million Alumni, only 2700 (probably less now) contribute.
Think of the Collective as base pay for the athlete. It assures that even lowly linemen get lunch money. However, since the Collective fans haven't opened their wallets the Collective has come up short and had to ask the Guard (or boosters) for the $$. The Gator Guard is supposedly only there to land big-time recruits.
I don't blame Rojas although from the beginning I said that he wasn't the man for the job. He was just a fan. I give him credit for at least having the enthusiasm to get the thing started. But there's no reason to expect that he had the background to run an organization as important as the Collective. It looked unpolished and unprofessional from the start.
I'm willing to bet that Georgia, UM, ATM et. al. have paid staff, hired for their resumes not because they simply volunteered. I'm sure those Universities work closely with their NIL partners. Unlike UF (and clubs) who have actively blocked and handcuffed the Gator Collective. Once again we have the UF administration to blame.
I stopped buying season tickets after 2012 which meant I also stopped being a booster. It always bothered me that my per-seat contribution was going to build **** like the baseball stadium. At least now when I give that same money to the Collective my money will go to football.

The bottom line is that I'm a fan until I'm not. And as long as I have hope I'll put my money where my mouth is or I'll shut up. I'm afraid that day is coming soon though. College football is a talent acquisition business someone famously said. I don't see the UF admin ever buying in. And I don't see Bull Gators falling over themselves to buy in. Not that I blame them either of them when the fckin fan base hasn't even bought in.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I seriously doubt the deal was $13Mil. That's just silly talk. Maybe $1.3Mil. A lot of you bitching and moaning about Gator Collective need to look in the mirror, though. The Gator Collective is and probably will always be funded by the average fan. If the Collective doesn't have the money then, well, you've either been part of the problem or part of the solution. One thing is for sure the Collective always expected that rabid UF fans yearning for the talent to compete would pony up their share. They (you) haven't. Out of half a million Alumni, only 2700 (probably less now) contribute.
Think of the Collective as base pay for the athlete. It assures that even lowly linemen get lunch money. However, since the Collective fans haven't opened their wallets the Collective has come up short and had to ask the Guard (or boosters) for the $$. The Gator Guard is supposedly only there to land big-time recruits.
I don't blame Rojas although from the beginning I said that he wasn't the man for the job. He was just a fan. I give him credit for at least having the enthusiasm to get the thing started. But there's no reason to expect that he had the background to run an organization as important as the Collective. It looked unpolished and unprofessional from the start.
I'm willing to bet that Georgia, UM, ATM et. al. have paid staff, hired for their resumes not because they simply volunteered. I'm sure those Universities work closely with their NIL partners. Unlike UF (and clubs) who have actively blocked and handcuffed the Gator Collective. Once again we have the UF administration to blame.
I stopped buying season tickets after 2012 which meant I also stopped being a booster. It always bothered me that my per-seat contribution was going to build **** like the baseball stadium. At least now when I give that same money to the Collective my money will go to football.

The bottom line is that I'm a fan until I'm not. And as long as I have hope I'll put my money where my mouth is or I'll shut up. I'm afraid that day is coming soon though. College football is a talent acquisition business someone famously said. I don't see the UF admin ever buying in. And I don't see Bull Gators falling over themselves to buy in. Not that I blame them either of them when the fckin fan base hasn't even bought in.
The collective deals with all sports at UF ... not just football. That's why I canceled my donations.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
@jdh5484 I'm still donating, but that doesn't seem to be the norm. And, honestly, if fans as hard core as the ones on Chatter aren't donating, then there should be zero expectation of the average fan donating.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014

I just don't think it should fall on fans crowd sourcing to pay athletes. There is plenty of money the fans put in the mix from ticket sales, merchandise sales, TV Revenue, popcorn......College football is literally a billion dollar enterprise annually.....pro athletes are paid from those contributions, not from fans pledging $5/month to a collective. These kids are now pro athletes, why should it be any different?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.