Jaden Rashada joins powerhouse Arizona State; named starting QB as true freshman

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
You know, it never felt right with him. I have made my position known about players who choose miami(even if they don’t stay), and at first Rashada seemed like a perfect fit there. If nothing else, he just didn’t seem like a Gator. Then he flips and it’s kind of weird because part of me never changed my feeling on him. But after his interview at the UA game, I really found myself thinking he was way different than I’d originally suspected. Lesson here is I feel like I should really just go with my gut. We may have some NIL issues of our own, and I have no doubt we’ll be the goat of college football for some time, potentially even damaging Napier’s ability to make it with the fodder we’ve given recruiting opponents. But this is a garbage look for this family as well. I sincerely hope he flops at this point. Release him, solely so it’s not used against us in the future, and wish him the absolute worst. Disgusting what this has become.

Hopefully the real story comes out eventually. Hopefully Napier is able curb the negative that will be around our recruiting potentially. Just seems like there is a whole lot neither side is saying that makes us look better and him worse.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Glad it's over and not disappointed one iota. Unfortunately for the NIL era this will not be the last one for CFB. It is not a matter of IF but WHEN it will happen again. Perhaps we dodged a bullet with this guy. I think he is going to be damaged goods and I feel this won't be the last time he'll ask for a release or transfer. Now he's Gator Bait.

Even if it hadn’t gotten to this point, in today’s one-free portal world, there’s zero chance he stays for 3-4. Esecially if Lagway sticks and is what we think. Hopefully Napier takes a lesson here and crosses the Central time zone only on very rare occasions.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Even if it hadn’t gotten to this point, in today’s one-free portal world, there’s zero chance he stays for 3-4. Esecially if Lagway sticks and is what we think. Hopefully Napier takes a lesson here and crosses the Central time zone only on very rare occasions.
Or, ya know, never again.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hopefully the real story comes out eventually. Hopefully Napier is able curb the negative that will be around our recruiting potentially. Just seems like there is a whole lot neither side is saying that makes us look better and him worse.

Technically there’s not a whole lot either side can say. In theory, pay for play is still against the rules. So they’d be accusing us of not paying for the drugs and we’d be accusing him of cutting it with baby powder.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
He'll cross the Central time zone first game next year.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You know, it never felt right with him. I have made my position known about players who choose miami(even if they don’t stay), and at first Rashada seemed like a perfect fit there. If nothing else, he just didn’t seem like a Gator. Then he flips and it’s kind of weird because part of me never changed my feeling on him. But after his interview at the UA game, I really found myself thinking he was way different than I’d originally suspected. Lesson here is I feel like I should really just go with my gut. We may have some NIL issues of our own, and I have no doubt we’ll be the goat of college football for some time, potentially even damaging Napier’s ability to make it with the fodder we’ve given recruiting opponents. But this is a garbage look for this family as well. I sincerely hope he flops at this point. Release him, solely so it’s not used against us in the future, and wish him the absolute worst. Disgusting what this has become.
The only people that have had a problem with our NIL is his people. Not sure that we have nil issues

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I love the idea and am thinking something in the 13 mil range is fair.

“Here’s your release, Jaden. Once the funds clear, we’ll sign our part and send it in. Anyway, take care.”

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
On top of all that, he just looks weird.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We should say no. He signed the paperwork lol. I know that won't happen but I'd do it to prove a point.

Keene-Flint

Nov 3, 2017
Moving forward do we have any idea on who we might target for this year’s class or are we really going to try and roll with Mertz, Miller and Brown?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Moving forward do we have any idea on who we might target for this year’s class or are we really going to try and roll with Mertz, Miller and Brown?
I think there will be open tryouts for walk ons. Short of a miracle it looks like it’s Mertz. But don’t worry, I’ve been assured wins and losses are no longer relevant when evaluating a coach for the first 3 or 4 years.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's definitely a bummer we are having to go through this. I am hoping that we'll have some luck and pick up another QB somehow in all of this. Not sure what all is still out there other than (Walker) and we know his CB but no commitment yet. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised. The Staff is beefing up the OL and with the talent we have and coming in, we'll see. Just make sure we go all in on Lagway. I really think he's more of a priority than Drama Rashada was in the first place.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
How about we look for a QB (Transfer or HS) that knows how to win, is smart, good athlete but maybe not great with a good arm that wants to be here... That comes from a solid background with a family that's not broke? They are out there, they can play, learn, read a defense and have the right attitude. But here's the tough part....you actually have to LOOK and quit relying on all these recruiting service and their BS rankings. We see them every year....two of them just played in the NC an one has won it back to back. I know ..I hate fuqing Ugay but for the purposes of this discussion it has to be pointed out.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We should take our time before we release his NLI , and make him sweat burning a transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.