Jaden Rashada joins powerhouse Arizona State; named starting QB as true freshman

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Yes, I understand the premise behind NIL. And I may be wrong in some of my understanding. But it was reported and discussed here as well as on cane boards that JR was still a client of Life Wallet and couldn’t just stop getting paid completely. I’m sure Ruiz had it incentivized and that was where the bulk would’ve been made. But it wasn’t a case of dropping him based on his flip to us. The point is it isn’t even about name, image and likeness at this point(which was always going to happen). It’s pay for play, little more. They just can’t openly say it.

A few things. Firstly, these developments are all within the past month so him still being contractually tied to Life Wallet shouldn’t be surprising but I highly doubt that will continue much longer. Ruiz could very well be laying low so that he can sue if the contract is breached or interfered with by a 3rd party. He may even be holding this over Rashada’s head to get him to sign with Miami.

Putting that aside, why would he need to continue getting paid? If his NIL agreement required him to do promotional work for Life Wallet and he hasn’t done it, what payment would be owed? Again, why would a Cane booster use a UF commit (prior to this whole thing blowing up) to promote his company? Do we actually know he has been paid by Life Wallet?

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Seriously, where is the actual evidence that there is or ever was a $13m NIL offer made to this kid by a UF collective? It’s such horseshyyt that these media entities are reporting this with, by all appearances, not a single shred of evidence to support the claim.

VPXDoz.gif

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
The biggest damage from this shtshow is this 13 million number has been bantered around so much that it’s going to impact what players think they are worth. That includes both those already signed, and future recruits.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The biggest damage from this shtshow is this 13 million number has been bantered around so much that it’s going to impact what players think they are worth. That includes both those already signed, and future recruits.
The Golden Goose will die soon enough…

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Supposedly Rashada visited Colorado this weekend. He decided to take a detour before hoping on the Lane Train in the Sip

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb