Jaden Rashada joins powerhouse Arizona State; named starting QB as true freshman

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
The lesson is don’t try to be black when you’re not. :thug::thug2:
Just singing along with a song you like , doesn’t mean you’re trying to act black.
IMO

You’re probably being facetious here though.

Culture
These kids flock to rap music because of the very lyrics he got himself in hot water over.
Black kids, white kids, Hispanic kids , Asian kids…etc.

I like Kid Rock a lot.

There are lyrics in his music, with the N word.
Even though at least three people in his band are black.

I sincerely believe there is a difference in perception between the N word that ends with “gga’s” and “gger’s”
Not sure which he sang along with.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just singing along with a song you like , doesn’t mean you’re trying to act black.
IMO

You’re probably being facetious here though.

Culture
These kids flock to rap music because of the very lyrics he got himself in hot water over.
Black kids, white kids, Hispanic kids , Asian kids…etc.

I like Kid Rock a lot.

There are lyrics in his music, with the N word.
Even though at least three people in his band are black.

I sincerely believe there is a difference in perception between the N word that ends with “gga’s” and “gger’s”
Not sure which he sang along with.
Ah…so he got caught in the pronunciation/cultural appropriation trap! :lol:

Seriously, I get what you’re saying. Problem I’ve seen with this is that the ‘going along to get along’ is never hard and fast and can change in the blink of an eye, depending on the players, the situation, the mood, the audience, etc. To @MJMGator ’s point, just because you want to fit in with a particular group doesn’t mean any granted membership isn’t without limits and restrictions that are pretty much in the fine print and not always overt. As much as we might want our personas to be culturally diverse, it doesn’t always work out for us positively.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Enough or this heads to the PF. This thread wasn't about Stokes anyway.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A 2020 second-round pick, Hurts signed a 4-year, $6,025,171 contract with the Philadelphia Eagles, including a $1,941,944 signing bonus, $2,825,815 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,506,293.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Jaden to AZ St. His father's old school.

Last edited:

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that none of the heavy hitters were banging on his door and he landed at ASU speaks volumes.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe Heitner is just a fuching moron.

If you're a kid and some schmuck supposedly representing a group for a school you are looking to go to offers you something like 13 million...you're probably going to be interested right?

That said....why the hell did he still sign if he knew it was null and void? Did he think he was going to be able to make UF honor it? Thus the stalemate?

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Jaden to AZ St. His father's school.

Strikes me as the result of having a 19 year old as your leading rep (and maybe or maybe not Heitner being involved in a potentially conflict situation).

Assume the deal was fully legit at $13 million (and not some misunderstanding along the way of conditions, possibilities, etc) and the money just wasn't there timely (lots of news of $1.5 mill due at signing) or had to be reduced because the commitment could not longer be honored. Obviously that would be frustrating, and piss someone off, but things happen and deals get retraded out of necessity all the time. This reaction appears to be the ultimate child-like result and advice given by a rich IMG kid with no experience. I'm guessing UF still had $6-8 million they would have cut a deal at in the middle. I doubt ASU is paying $500k total. Oh well. Saga over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb