Jaden Rashada joins powerhouse Arizona State; named starting QB as true freshman

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
If only I’d known it as something other than a cool, astronaut drink in my formative years…
It was the opposite for me. I got plenty of the original as a youngster. But now when I ask the wife for sum, she hands me the jar....

Been spending a lot of nights over at @URGatorBait 's mom's house. She got the tang on sale.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It was the opposite for me. I got plenty of the original as a youngster. But now when I ask the wife for sum, she hands me the jar....

Been spending a lot of nights over at @URGatorBait 's mom's house. She got the tang on sale.
Look man, get your schit together.
I'm the midget remember. @t-gator mom is the whore....come on man

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Even with the 5* addition, Arizona State narrowly sneaks into the Top-50 class range, with 7 fellow P12 teams in front of them. Plus a first time head coach and looming NCAA investigation. This whole situation may end up being the worst set of decisions in college football recruiting history.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We done lost our got beaver dam mind. Thank goodness it fell through.

The article’s interesting. Says that he did not sign a NLI deal with Arizona State at all.

It also says that Miami’s NL ideal was never $9 million. That it was $500,000 and $125,000 was paid through California which allows payments to high school athletes. It had to be through there, because Florida law does not allow it.

Rashada’s family then paid back the 125K when it signed the NLI deal with the collective.

It also says that the termination clause says that it can be terminated for several reasons. Two of which are if it violates state law or NCAA bylaws.

If you go back and look at the earlier, Miami comment about not being able to pay in the state of Florida, and having to pay through the state of California because their state law allows payment to high school athletes, it looks like it may have been terminated, because it violated state law. Or at least a NCAA bylaw/provision.

Honestly, it looks like whoever was putting this deal together (Heitner was part of it) were a bunch of idiots. And they almost put the school into hot water. Even though the school had nothing to do with it because state law does not allow them to be involved anyway.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The article’s interesting. Says that he did not sign a NLI deal with Arizona State at all.

It also says that Miami’s NL ideal was never $9 million. That it was $500,000 and $125,000 was paid through California which allows payments to high school athletes. It had to be through there, because Florida law does not allow it.

Rashada’s family then paid back the 125K when it signed the NLI deal with the collective.

It also says that the termination clause says that it can be terminated for several reasons. Two of which are if it violates state law or NCAA bylaws.

If you go back and look at the earlier, Miami comment about not being able to pay in the state of Florida, and having to pay through the state of California because their state law allows payment to high school athletes, it looks like it may have been terminated, because it violated state law. Or at least a NCAA bylaw/provision.

Honestly, it looks like whoever was putting this deal together (Heitner was part of it) were a bunch of idiots. And they almost put the school into hot water. Even though the school had nothing to do with it because state law does not allow them to be involved anyway.

1675701656943.gif

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

But … I ….

in-said-good-day-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory.gif

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just glad whatever the amounts were and whoever terminated it did so. Sounds like Heitner was involved up to his neck, and again whatever the amounts were, it was ridiculous enough for it to get terminated. Also sounds like no matter what, the kid wanted to be a Gator. And most of all sounds like he has a huge issue with the family, probably Pops getting greedy. He did and it was a bust. No ill will toward the kid but enjoy ASU and he better get control of his handlers. As they say at ASU, "forks up" and yes, you "Forked Up" royally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.