Jags jag things up again; send Leonard Fournette packing

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Thought he was only owed $15 Million this season, with the rate of quarterbacks, the Bears got themselves a cheap startr.

He is a career backup and solid spot starter who got lucky in a SB run. He has yet to make it a full season as a starter because he always gets injured. I hated the signing. He is an upgrade for the bears. Solid teammate and professional. Getting a 4th for him is good. Hopefully it means we use a second rounder on competition for Minshew.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He is a career backup and solid spot starter who got lucky in a SB run. He has yet to make it a full season as a starter because he always gets injured. I hated the signing. He is an upgrade for the bears. Solid teammate and professional. Getting a 4th for him is good. Hopefully it means we use a second rounder on competition for Minshew.

Compared to Tribisky I think Foles will start, now I agree with most of the rest of your post. He had a solid year in Philly, before going to the Rams and the Chiefs, before returning to Philly. But the staff with the Bears worked with him on the Chiefs and Eagles (seond time) he isnt' a long term solution, but he is better than what they got.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Demetrius82: So this is something, CB Darqueze Dennard will not be signing with the #Jaguars as the two sides could not come to an agreement on the final contract terms. He remains an unrestricted free agent.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AdamSchefter: Jaguars have had trade discussions with other teams regarding RB Leonard Fournette, league sources tell ESPN. Fournette is due $4.16 million in base salary in 2020. It's a situation that bears watching as this week's draft approaches.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
@AdamSchefter: Jaguars have had trade discussions with other teams regarding RB Leonard Fournette, league sources tell ESPN. Fournette is due $4.16 million in base salary in 2020. It's a situation that bears watching as this week's draft approaches.

Yet another solid TC move. After the disaster that was his first stint as GM of the jags, why on earth did they think it would be any different this time? What a joke!

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Looks like the Jags are looking at not being any good any longer.

The jags schedule is pure savagery. I think the team will be better than last year yet still may only end up with 3-4 wins. Fournette is a lazy azz. The FO and staff are tired of him. TC isn’t there to protect him any more.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Pretty clear now that the Jags are intentionally on a tank run, a nice 0-16 season will clear the way for the move out of town (No not to London)

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
If they can get a first for Fournette and draft Johnathon Taylor with it I would do it in a second. I hell would take Edwards-Helaire and be thrilled with it. Of course they will probably use it on an O-linemen.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If they can get a first for Fournette and draft Johnathon Taylor with it I would do it in a second. I hell would take Edwards-Helaire and be thrilled with it. Of course they will probably use it on an O-linemen.

No way in hell they get a 1st for Fournot. At most, they will get a 3rd. In reality, I think the best they get is a 4th or 5th round pick for Fournot. There are 3-4 outstanding backs in this class. One or two will be around early in the second if the front office chooses to go in that direction.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fournette has been garbage since he’s been here. Between him and Ramsey, nothing but a bunch of punks. Fkuc him and piss off. They’ll never get a 1st for his tired, lazy ass, injury prone all talk no bite lump. See ya, Felicia.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
No way in hell they get a 1st for Fournot. At most, they will get a 3rd. In reality, I think the best they get is a 4th or 5th round pick for Fournot. There are 3-4 outstanding backs in this class. One or two will be around early in the second if the front office chooses to go in that direction.
The guy is a freak of an athlete for a big back.
He's just soft and I hoped maybe just the Jag and Gator fans knew it.
I remember him ruled out of our game in BR his last year there and after the pregame fight that they started, he all of a sudden was well enough to play but was a non factor. I wouldn't have taken him with the last pick of the draft after that.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Soft dude who gets paid, get softer... we have seen this story over and over again.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lucky to get a 5th for him.

So why give dumb and dumber the one year ultimatum if they're going to rebuild the whole effing team??

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Lucky to get a 5th for him.

So why give dumb and dumber the one year ultimatum if they're going to rebuild the whole effing team??

This is what bothers me. However, maybe since they are rebuilding, they decided to let Moron coach next season rather than a new coach. Then, bring in the new guy? I don’t know. The jags gonna jag.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is what bothers me. However, maybe since they are rebuilding, they decided to let Moron coach next season rather than a new coach. Then, bring in the new guy? I don’t know. The jags gonna jag.

This is what I think they are doing.. if he succeeds it's a bonus, but they are tearing down to do a rebuild. Why subject a new coach to the schit show which will be this season, also the Jags fans already dislike this jabronie what is one more season of failure to this dude to the fans, compared to bringing in a new guy and have him saddled with it and the fan already start to turn on him.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
The fans are desensitized, they expect little and get it.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I like the pick at #9! CJ's gonna do great for the jags. I also like Chaisson. If we could land some play making WRs this might be a decent draft overall. But of course, I'm still perplexed on what the plan is at QB. I was sick when Tua went to Miami. I was hoping the Jags would surprise me. But I guess their fine with mediocrity and will stick with Minshew.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, what’s the overall feeling of the Jags draft?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb