Jags release Tim Tebow; haters rejoice

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
giphy.gif

Look, Circle City can’t drive and argue with you rubes all at the same time!

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I find this entire thread hysterical. Anybody that dares point out that a man who never played tight end, and who hasn't played football for a decade, is not likely to succeed as an NFL tight end is assumed to hate him, to hate God, and to hate everything Florida football ever stood for, while those who are delusional enough to think that Tim Tebow, because he is Tim Tebow, is the best available player at this position are lauded for their genius.

What a bunch of rubes.

It's really about the level of vitriol by the mainstream media that has surrounded Tebow's invite to camp, (and anything else he's done). It's been called racist and likened to the George Floyd killing. The hyperbole is coming from the folks opposed to Tebow, not from his fans, I can assure you. Julian Edelman, Matt Jones, Hines Ward, and many others were QBs in the NFL who switched positions very successfully. It's been done dozens and dozens of times without this kind of hysterical reaction by the left.

BTW, your avatar looks vaguely familiar. I'm not sure what it reminds me of.

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 9.59.23 AM.png

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I find this entire thread hysterical. Anybody that dares point out that a man who never played tight end, and who hasn't played football for a decade, is not likely to succeed as an NFL tight end is assumed to hate him, to hate God, and to hate everything Florida football ever stood for, while those who are delusional enough to think that Tim Tebow, because he is Tim Tebow, is the best available player at this position are lauded for their genius.

What a bunch of rubes.

My opinion has nothing to do with Tim Tebow the man or Tim Tebow the Christian (personally, I think he's one of the few who actually read the book and who follows it). It has to do with Tim Tebow the tight end. Here, I'll give you that resume:

I think you have a reading comprehension problem. A lot of the replies you are mentioning come from either a response to the moronic racist public opinions from Stephen Smith or the trolling of Nola by sofla.

Who do you actually think Tebow is competing against for that minimum nfl contract? Seriously? Im pretty sure Tebows resume stacks up quite well against those hacks.

Your arguments speak more about you than they do anyone else.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The only people that Tim Tebow is competing against (also according to Meyer via interview with Rich Eisen) is the 46th (game day roster) through 53rd (full roster) man on the roster. If you think that Tebow can help you more than one of the people that sit in that portion of the roster, it's a good fit. That's it. Tebow isn't going to be an all-pro tight end, maybe not even a pro-bowl tight end. But if he can help the team better than someone in that portion of the roster, it's a good signing. That is the only part of the equation that matters.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think you have a reading comprehension problem. A lot of the replies you are mentioning come from either a response to the moronic racist public opinions from Stephen Smith or the trolling of Nola by sofla.

Who do you actually think Tebow is competing against for that minimum nfl contract? Seriously? Im pretty sure Tebows resume stacks up quite well against those hacks.

ah hem.... it's reading AND comprehension

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Trolling Net?...:finger:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
The only people that Tim Tebow is competing against (also according to Meyer via interview with Rich Eisen) is the 46th (game day roster) through 53rd (full roster) man on the roster. If you think that Tebow can help you more than one of the people that sit in that portion of the roster, it's a good fit. That's it. Tebow isn't going to be an all-pro tight end, maybe not even a pro-bowl tight end. But if he can help the team better than someone in that portion of the roster, it's a good signing. That is the only part of the equation that matters.

And helping comes in many forms, not just how you play one position. I remember a punter for the Dolphins, he played receiver, backup QB, and I think several other positions. I bet a better pure punter might have been available, but he was valuable in all these positions and in leadership. Tim might be similar.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And helping comes in many forms, not just how you play one position. I remember a punter for the Dolphins, he played receiver, backup QB, and I think several other positions. I bet a better pure punter might have been available, but he was valuable in all these positions and in leadership. Tim might be similar.

Which is what a lot of those guys at the bottom of the roster do. Which is also something Meyer brought up in his interview.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

EXACTLY...K. Hill...LARGE

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I think you're thinking of Jim "Crash" Jensen, who played throughout the 1980s as a utility offensive and special teams player? I don't believe he punted though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator