Jalen Hurts transfers to OU, who purposely screws their senior QB

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Long term... if Hurts came the only long term issue I'm concerned with is an ending of our long term agony and dreadful QB play. FF did way better this year than we've had, but we should be going after the best every year. Some praise Saban for going after Durkin if it helps for one game, so wouldn't Dan deserve praise if he made this happen? I'm not holding my breath, but I am all for this.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hurts would be good in Mullen's offense, but what long-term good would it do us? He's only got a year of eligibility left, Franks has started coming into his own now that he has coaching, and we have a couple young studs waiting to take over in 2020 at the very latest. He'd be a stopgap that frankly we don't really need.

At first I agreed, but then I realized that Franks will never be as good as Hurts. Basically this would be an upgrade at QB while the young guys like EJ get an extra year to develop. There's good chance that if Hurts was our QB this year we'd be 10-2 or 11-1. Him coming here could be the difference of a game or two next year.

All that said, I doubt that this is true.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The quarterback transfer subject is like listening to guys in a drought over sex. Desperate.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
so you dont think there were any defensive issues at all? Just qb? :scratchchin:
Well, when we had no corners, we had problems. We'll have a healthy Wilson and Henderson next season. Losing Wilson was a devastating blow that I don't think we mention enough.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I just confirmed this was true. He’s gonna start for us in the Peach Bowl.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well, when we had no corners, we had problems. We'll have a healthy Wilson and Henderson next season. Losing Wilson was a devastating blow that I don't think we mention enough.
So instead of running around our non edge setting DE's all day teams just decided to throw on us a little more....we need defensive help. Don't kid yourself.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Donkey, you'd b!tch and complain if we won the NC, just like you did back in '08 because we didn't win with the offense you wanted. Get bent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator