Jalen Hurts transfers to OU, who purposely screws their senior QB

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
How many of you guys would actually be b!tching and complaining if this turned out to be true?

giphy.gif

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Franks was better than Dipshytskel LAST year and was about twice as product as Dipshyt this year.

And yet most of this board worship that mouthbreather and hate Feleipe. So funny.
Looking back at the season FF was at least able to complete a decent percentage of his passes on 3rd down compared to the shaky wormburners that JD served up for 3 years, and while I'm not FF biggest fan he really didn't throw too many bad balls after the UGA game.
I'd be interested to see if he makes any more progression coming into the bowl game, spring ball and fall camp before writing him off or chasing him away. Although we played some crappy defenses down the stretch he really seemed to speed up his processing and his confidence soared,

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He’s only “on” about 35% of the time. That’s the problem.
they didn't really mess with his throwing motion at all last year. you have to wonder with some actual talent sitting behind him in the quarterback room this year whether they'll take the chance.

that long wind up is never going to produce accuracy and is the biggest part of his problem.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Looking back at the season FF was at least able to complete a decent percentage of his passes on 3rd down compared to the shaky wormburners that JD served up for 3 years, and while I'm not FF biggest fan he really didn't throw too many bad balls after the UGA game.
I'd be interested to see if he makes any more progression coming into the bowl game, spring ball and fall camp before writing him off or chasing him away. Although we played some crappy defenses down the stretch he really seemed to speed up his processing and his confidence soared,
Holy Sh!t, you must of blacked out after we played the dwags, because he had probably his worst game the next week against Missouri.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
if Franks is not a leader on this team, you go after Hurts. Here is why:
  • He's here for one year. and should be an upgrade at QB
  • He brings the intangibles that he learned at Bama, like how to prepare and win
  • It gives you an opportunity to push Franks out.
  • Because he is here one year, it opens up the position for EJ after next season, so less likely to transfer.
  • You'll have Hurts, Trask, EJ, and JJ on the roster. So still a full QB room. The following year you just trade out Hurts for Richardson.
If Franks truly is a leader, there is no reason to bring in Hurts. He'd be a dividing force merely by his presence. Really just a distraction. Nothing to really be gained from it.

I don't think Mullen would go after Hurts unless Franks is having trouble in the locker room.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018

Mizzou was a dumpster fire for Franks after Georgia

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I don’t care about that...I care that ppl are still wanting transfers no matter how flashy they seem

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I heard Tua found out that Jalen is transferring to Florida and is a bit unhappy. He packed all his stuff, with his AA degree in hand, is enroute to Gville now to also transfer. They are a package deal.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
:spank:
I heard Tua found out that Jalen is transferring to Florida and is a bit unhappy. He packed all his stuff, with his AA degree in hand, is enroute to Gville now to also transfer. They are a package deal.

That works out well. Hurts plays for the year that Tua has to sit out, then Tua plays for a year, gets his Heisman (better Heisman chances at UF, based on history), then we have Jalon Jones ready to roll for the next year until Richardson is ready.

If Hurts and Tua can convince some defense guys to come, and a few O-linemen, we’ll be set for our National Championship run for the next several years. ;)

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
:spank:

That works out well. Hurts plays for the year that Tua has to sit out, then Tua plays for a year, gets his Heisman (better Heisman chances at UF, based on history), then we have Jalon Jones ready to roll for the next year until Richardson is ready.

If Hurts and Tua can convince some defense guys to come, and a few O-linemen, we’ll be set for our National Championship run for the next several years. ;)

Didnt you read my post. Tua doesn't have to sit out ... he is a grad transfer .. Associates degree is in hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.