It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Fishon;n19050 said:
This thread really delivers... On whiny bitches
07-minister.jpg
I think the concerns center around the class as a whole. It's early, but it's been a horrific start. Couldn't be much worse, actually.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
3 stars are a dime a dozen!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n19069 said:
Either we'll blow and get a new coach or we'll be significantly better and the class will fill out just fine. There's no reason to think the sky is falling before Fall camp starts.
Or the most likely scenario, we have a mediocre 8-4 season and Muschamp remains employed but still on a hot seat. What happens to the class then?

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n19074 said:
Or the most likely scenario, we have a mediocre 8-4 season and Muschamp remains employed but still on a hot seat. What happens to the class then?
Depends on how boring the 8-4 was to watch.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Fishon;n19050 said:
This thread really delivers... On whiny bitches
07-minister.jpg
Less than 10 commits at this time is abysmal. If we don't have a fantastic year this class will be dead in the water. The next couple years is tied directly to this season and this class.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n19074 said:
It implodes and we're guaranteed 7-8 win seasons as the norm.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n19086 said:
It implodes and we're guaranteed 7-8 win seasons as the norm.
There's no way that will ever be acceptable. Foley's seriously not that lenient.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n19095 said:
Foley's seriously not that lenient.
He's not? :lol:

I think that argument went bye-bye a while ago.

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
GatorInKnox;n19069 said:
Either we'll blow and get a new coach or we'll be significantly better and the class will fill out just fine. There's no reason to think the sky is falling before Fall camp starts.
what hell is going around here

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He gave a pass last year because of the injuries. Anyone in the business will tell you we had a freak year last year. He would seriously look like a moron if he fires a coach after looking at this list:
Jeff DriskelQBBroken fibulaTennessee (most); Kentucky-present
Tyler MurphyQBShoulder injuries (AC sprain)South Carolina (full), Georgia Southern (full)
Matt JonesRBViral infection, torn meniscusToledo (game); LSU (most); Missouri-present
Mack BrownRBAnkleLSU (part)
Valdez ShowersRBAnkleTennessee (game), Kentucky (game)
Andre DeboseWR/KRTorn ACLFull season
Solomon PattonWR/KRKneeVanderbilt (part)
Colin ThompsonTEFoot stress fractureTennessee-present (full)
D.J. HumphriesLTSprained MCL; recurrenceToledo, Miami (part); Georgia-present (full)
Max GarciaLGUnknownMiami (part)
Jonotthan HarrisonCUnknownMiami (part)
Jon HalapioRGTorn pectoral; eye pokeToledo, Miami (full)
Tyler MooreRT/LTAnkleMiami (part); Tennessee (full); Vanderbilt-present
Chaz GreenRTTorn labrumFull season
Dominique EasleyDTTorn ACL, meniscusKentucky-present (full)
Damien JacobsDTHeadLSU (part); Missouri (full)
Ronald PowellLB/BuckAnkleMissouri (full)
Darrin KitchensLB"Chronic shoulder problems"Missouri (full)
Antonio MorrisonMLBTorn meniscusVanderbilt (part); South Carolina (full)
Alex AnzaloneLBAnkleLSU (full)
Matt RolinOLBTorn ACLFull season
Jeremi PowellLB/STTorn ACLMissouri (part); Georgia-present (full)
Marcus RobersonCBKnee; ankleTennessee-Arkansas (full); Vanderbilt (part); South Carolina (full)
Loucheiz PurifoyCBThigh contusionTennessee (part)
Nick WashingtonCBShoulderTennessee-present (full)

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Our third and fourth string should have wiped the field with Georgia Southern.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not disagreeing with that at all. I'm just saying why Foley kept him. He's not going to allow mediocrity every year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry Knox, but the injury argument went out the window for good after the Georgia Southern game. A decent coach still manages 7 or 8 wins last season. The coaching staff didn't have the slightest idea what to do when faced with some adversity. Frankly, they were an embarrassment of epic proportions. That's why many people remain skeptical a coach that showed that kind of incompetence will ever win anything of substance.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n19105 said:
Sorry Knox, but the injury argument went out the window for good after the Georgia Southern game. A decent coach still manages 7 or 8 wins last season. The coaching staff didn't have the slightest idea what to do when faced with some adversity. Frankly, they were an embarrassment of epic proportions. That's why many people remain skeptical a coach that showed that kind of incompetence will ever win anything of substance.
Again, not disagreeing. But that is the reason why Foley gave him a pass. I'm just of the opinion that Foley is not an idiot and can see things behind the scenes that we can't that makes him think Muschamp isn't Zook 2.0. He's not going to be ok if it looks like we're going to be a perennial 8 win team.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think Foley is worried about retiring without having to do another coaching search. If this season is a disaster, people are going to be twice as pissed as last year because it was avoidable. We could have hired someone else (like Charlie Strong) and could have begun to rebuild, both the team and the destroyed fan base. Just throwing another season away is not acceptable - we only get so many seasons before we die. The cries for Foley's head will grow even larger if he's forced to bag Muschamp this season, and rightfully so.

Cue the "if-you-criticize-Foley-you-aren't-a-real-Gator" crowd. :rolleyes:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Now saying that, I still love each and every one of you. :dance:

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Criticize him all you want. If we blow this year it's definitely deserved. I highly doubt he kept Muschamp because he didn't want to do a coaching search :lol:. I just don't think he'd risk his career/legacy bringing back a 4-8 coach if he wasn't completely confident in him. I'm just really anxious to see what this year is going to look like. Winning cures everything and if he gets less than 8 wins again I think he's gone. The fan base will still get excited over a new coach as we always do. One extra year won't kill the program.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n19107 said:
Again, not disagreeing. But that is the reason why Foley gave him a pass. I'm just of the opinion that Foley is not an idiot and can see things behind the scenes that we can't that makes him think Muschamp isn't Zook 2.0. He's not going to be ok if it looks like we're going to be a perennial 8 win team.

Not Zook.0? You're right. His record is worse.

Here's his record versus SEC schools since he's been our HC. Not sure why he's still here. So what makes you think Foley won't keep him?

Muschamp (1st 3 years) 13-11 = 54% Win (Lost to an GS at home and Vandy on HC along with first losing season since 1979)

Zook (1st 3 years) 16-8 = 67%

Meyer (1st 3 years) 17-7 = 71% (and a Heisman winner and a NC)

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
J there's really no room for debate that Foley kept him because of the injuries. But if it doesn't work out I'll hate we let James Franklin and Charley Strong get away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator